Confirmed with Link: Oilers hire Stan Bowman as GM & Executive VP- press conference at 10:30

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Nah you enjoy arguing about semantics which is a waste
Continue the ignorance on the subject and moral grandstanding though
You’re literally arguing semantics “Reddit isn’t social media”. Reporting a sexual assault so it doesn’t happen to someone else isn’t really moral grandstanding- it’s something I’d expect everyone to do. You do you though

Know what?

And why would you bother reading it if it was “paid for by the Blackhawks?” And why do you need to ask questions if you purportedly read it?
Answer the question- did Boman know about the assault? You keep dancing around it.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
OMG. Attacking Kennedy's competence and ability to retain integrity now because of some psuedo science theory based on his history as a victim? That's what you've resorted to? And for what? So you can rage about Bowman and act morally superior on the internet?
I don’t think anyone should be attacking Kennedy’s credibility, totally agree with you. I do think he is not the defacto speaker for all victims. I think each victim has the right to feel how they feel. I’m passionate about this because, like many, know someone who was abused and was not believed. It took someone to come forward before it was actioned. Every voice matters. Every. Single. One. Silence is compliance.

Reactions: Sra1974

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
You’re literally arguing semantics “Reddit isn’t social media”. Reporting a sexual assault so it doesn’t happen to someone else isn’t really moral grandstanding- it’s something I’d expect everyone to do. You do you though

Answer the question- did Boman know about the assault? You keep dancing around it.

This is a bizarre attempt at some sort of gotcha with a direction that isn’t clear, so I’m going to ignore it.

Report was pretty clear that the details of what actually happened were not effectively communicated to management. If you read it, or have adult level reading comprehension, this should be clear to you.

“Answer the question that I already know the answer to!” Christ.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Well, it’s kinda like having a mediocre poster show up on the board and everyone else having to deal with his shit. ;)

We’re learning to manage, although it is a PITA, but if that’s the case for the players (but I think not) they will learn to manage too.

Any hoo, you’re not worth the bandwidth. I will ignore you, you can choose to reciprocate.
But weird to summon someone with @ and then tell them they aren't worth the bandwidth lmao

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
you're right, but if you read the report...they didn't know there was 100% fact that a sexual assault that occurred
you don't go to the police based on a "heresy"...it's why companies have investigations to allegations

9GWG9

C=NV
Jul 13, 2007
This hire has the McDavid Stamp of approval. Support our new GM and quit lamenting about the past and move on.

Reactions: oilers'72

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
This hire has the McDavid Stamp of approval. Support our new GM and quit lamenting about the past and move on.
Baggae aside, like most have said average GM at best. And there was better candidates avaliable

But i doo agree. Time to move on and deal with it. Its the cards we been dealt now

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Baggae aside, like most have said average GM at best. And there was better candidates avaliable

But i doo agree. Time to move on and deal with it. Its the cards we been dealt now
By most, I’m assuming you mean internet posters?

Do you think most internet posters have more knowledge, experience and insight than Jeff Jackson?

Do they intimately know how Jackson plans on running the organization and how the GM fits into that? Did these posters have the opportunity to interview potential candidates themselves? Do they have experience negotiating NHL contracts, scouting at a professional level, or have detailed knowledge of the ins and outs of NHL front office operations?

Can you detail your experience that you feel allows you to confidently declare that, baggage aside, there were better options? Do you honestly feel that you and other posters on the internet are better informed than Jackson and thus in a position to say definitively that he could have made a better hire?

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

Do you think most internet posters have more knowledge, experience and insight than Jeff Jackson?

Do they intimately know how Jackson plans on running the organization and how the GM fits into that? Did these posters have the opportunity to interview potential candidates themselves? Do they have experience negotiating NHL contracts, scouting at a professional level, or have detailed knowledge of the ins and outs of NHL front office operations?

Can you detail your experience that you feel allows you to confidently declare that, baggage aside, there were better options? Do you honestly feel that you and other posters on the internet are better informed than Jackson and thus in a position to say definitively that he could have made a better hire?

This also annoys me. On paper, I don't like the Bowman hire either. On paper.

I will, however, acknowledge that Jeff Jackson is significantly more capable than me in pretty much every discipline that would qualify someone to make a hire like this. Maybe I'm right in the end and Jackson made the wrong hire, but I'm certainly not going to declare that this is a failure before he's even had a day in the office. We have no idea how this office will function, this structure is new to the Oilers, and for all we know Bowman is the ideal person to fill the role of GM in this organization specifically.

At no point in our recent history have we had a POHO and GM be different people and we certainly haven't had a POHO that is this obviously competent. If Bowman was the guy coming in here to run the show - that's a f*** up hire. But he isn't so I think we should wait and see before we all decide that Bowman is irredeemable as a hockey executive.

Last edited:

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada

This is such an appeal to authority.

Why even have a message board if this is the expectation to post.

I also find it incredibly funny and ironic that you are preaching “credentials” and “experience” in forming opinions, when you’ve done the exact same thing to posters who have shared their displeasure in the hire.

Hell, you even said Beach should shoulder the responsibility for not reporting the abuse right away. Who are you to talk? Do you have the credentials? Were you sexually assaulted? Do you deal with sexual abusers and assault victims?

Maybe you should take your own advice too.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
This is such an appeal to authority.

Why even have a message board if this is the expectation to post.

I also find it incredibly funny and ironic that you are preaching “credentials” and “experience” in forming opinions, when you’ve done the exact same thing to posters who have shared their displeasure in the hire.

Hell, you even said Beach should shoulder the responsibility for not reporting the abuse right away. Who are you to talk? Do you have the credentials? Were you sexually assaulted? Do you deal with sexual abusers and assault victims?

Maybe you should take your own advice too.
If you paid attention to my comments you would see that I’m very careful in how I word my posts. I rarely make definitive declarations unless I’m positive that what I’m saying is right. Often my posts are formed in the manner of either posing questions (as I did above) or in the form of offering a possible alternative view, which I may or may not agree with. In this case it’s funny because my opinion is that Bowman wasn’t the best potential hire, but the difference is, I don’t announce it as fact and I also understand that my level of experience, expertise and understanding of the situation isn’t on the same planet as Jackson.

With regard to the Beach situation, never did I explicitly say that Beach bears any responsibility. I was simply pointing out that similar to Bowman, he knew of a SA and similarly chose not to follow up with authorities. If you want my true thoughts and opinion on the situation. I do think that victims have a responsibility to come forward, and I also think that is really awful and unfair but the fact is if we want to charge and convict these monsters so we can throw them in jail so they can’t re-offend, it requires the victim coming forward because prosecutors won’t pursue charges without victim testimony and if Bowman or anyone else went to police with the information they had, that is essentially hearsay. I truly wish it was different and we could nail pieces of shit like Aldrich while respecting victims right to privacy and without needing them to testify and be scrutinized. Unfortunately that’s not the world we live in right now.

As for Bowman, I believe he absolutely made a terrible and negligent mistake by not following up with his boss, HR or Beach himself. I’m guessing he lives with that regret every day.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
This is a bizarre attempt at some sort of gotcha with a direction that isn’t clear, so I’m going to ignore it.

Report was pretty clear that the details of what actually happened were not effectively communicated to management. If you read it, or have adult level reading comprehension, this should be clear to you.

“Answer the question that I already know the answer to!” Christ.
So - did he know?

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
lol- keep avoiding the question and keep arguing “yeah, but….”

That's because the question is stupid as f*** and you know it.

I know what's in the report. So do you (purportedly). I have no idea what Bowman actually, truly "knew," and neither do you.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007

I know what's in the report. So do you (purportedly). I have no idea what Bowman actually, truly "knew," and neither do you.
Not a stupid question. Goes to the point on what YOU as a person believe should be actioned. I philosophically disagree with you. He was the GM of the club. The coach knew and the GM didn’t?

Like I said. Philosophical differences. I am a believer in not standing by and doing everything you can to prevent sexual assault. I also believe “the work” isn’t significant enough. I also believe he should have started in a different role and built trust. Hockey has a culture and image problems and the oilers didn’t help themselves.

I’m not changing your mind and you’re not changing mine. Ending it here

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Not a stupid question. Goes to the point on what YOU as a person believe should be actioned. I philosophically disagree with you. He was the GM of the club. The coach knew and the GM didn’t?

Like I said. Philosophical differences. I am a believer in not standing by and doing everything you can to prevent sexual assault. I also believe “the work” isn’t significant enough. I also believe he should have started in a different role and built trust. Hockey has a culture and image problems and the oilers didn’t help themselves.

I’m not changing your mind and you’re not changing mine. Ending it here

The classic signature to a foshizzle post after barfing out a bunch of nonsense.

You're ranting about things that either aren't relevant/factual, or are putting words in people's mouths. I'm simply pointing out that you have no idea what you're talking about (which you've proven in spades), don't need to change your mind.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
The classic signature to a foshizzle post after barfing out a bunch of nonsense.

You're ranting about things that either aren't relevant/factual, or are putting words in people's mouths. I'm simply pointing out that you have no idea what you're talking about (which you've proven in spades), don't need to change your mind.
lol- you just can’t stop, can you.

I believe in zero tolerance when it comes to sexual assault. You don’t. Barfing out nonsense? I tried to take a simple route with you- which you talked all around but couldn’t answer. Okay- let’s keep this going the since you seem to want to.

What is your stance based on the report you keep
Alluding to.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
lol- you just can’t stop, can you.

I believe in zero tolerance when it comes to sexual assault. You don’t. Barfing out nonsense? I tried to take a simple route with you- which you talked all around but couldn’t answer. Okay- let’s keep this going the since you seem to want to.

What is your stance based on the report you keep
Alluding to.

There's the nonsense and putting words in people's mouths that I alluded to.

Why do you beat your wife?

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007

From the report…

• During the late evening of May 23, several hours after Game 4 and the meeting in McDonough’s office, Gary recalled speaking to Bowman by telephone about the Aldrich situation. Phone records reflect a 19-minute phone call between Bowman and Gary on May 23 starting at 9:06 p.m. Gary recalled that he spoke to Bowman to confirm that the Blackhawks were going to pursue an investigation. When interviewed, Gary said that he knew John Doe was hurting and he wanted to confirm the Blackhawks were following through in a timely fashion. Gary recalled Bowman stating that the group in the meeting discussed the issue and that they “will pursue this,” including by questioning Aldrich, and they would bring it to “an ending.” Gary recalled feeling reassured by Bowman during the phone call. Bowman did not recall this phone call, but did not deny that it could have happened and could have involved a discussion regarding Aldrich

Read the report…that’s your take right? He didn’t know- that’s your take right?

Nope- do you and then cover it up for 10 years?

Read the report…

Bowman recalled that, during the May 23, 2010 meeting, either MacIsaac or Gary stated that there was an incident between John Doe and Aldrich in which Aldrich had tried to “climb into bed” with John Doe one night at Aldrich’s apartment

Shall I keep going?

Bowman was also coached by his attorneys. The classic response “I do not recall” occurs thoroughly the report.

Shall I keep going?

Last edited:
Reactions: ottawa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad