WC: 2029 World Championship bidding process - Slovakia, Hungary & Britain

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
As far as I know, Slovakia dosen't have a 12k+ arena then they are not qualified to host. If Slovakia wants to build a 15k arena by 2029 then they don't have enough time. Could it be an idea if Slovakia and Hungary co-hosts? They're bordering countries and Budapest and Bratislava are just a short 2 hour drive apart.
We will see when official applications are known. Yeah, there is possibility of Slovakia and Hungary co-hosting the Worlds. As well as with Brno.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Czechia have not sent a letter of intent in time for the deadline, so I guess they're not in the mix here.
I am just writing what media have published. They asked Miro Šatan (SZLH Pres.) and the Slovak minister of sport about scenarios for 2029 Worlds. The replies were 1. building a new arena, 2. possibility with Brno if arena is ready, 3. Italy and Hungary coming with an idea to co-host the Worlds with Slovakia. But yeah, too early to claim anything.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Riga 2006 is old era which is never coming back. Riga 2021 was played during COVID, without attendance, arena requirements were not met. If the IIHF wants to go strict with hosting arena requirements in future, Riga can not host any future tournament alone. Meaning elite division.
Ultimately the IIHF Championship Regulations only state how many seats have to be reserved to the IIHF and its partners, which is in hundreds.

Fil

Nov 1, 2023
Riga hosted alone in 2006 and 2021.
But Riga in 2021 was only cause of covid

I am just writing what media have published. They asked Miro Šatan (SZLH Pres.) and the Slovak minister of sport about scenarios for 2029 Worlds. The replies were 1. building a new arena, 2. possibility with Brno if arena is ready, 3. Italy and Hungary coming with an idea to co-host the Worlds with Slovakia. But yeah, too early to claim anything.
I could see a Budapest-Bratislava situation

Reactions: vorky

Fil

Nov 1, 2023
Maybe, but they did fulfill the requirements. And the tournament wouldn't have been going to Minsk even without the pandemic situation.
What was the capacity of the 2nd stadium they used?

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Officially exactly 6,000, which just so happens to be the minimum set in the IIHF bid regulations.

Reactions: Fil

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Unless Italy gains promotion next year they'll also soon be out by the fact of not having enough years in the top division.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Please Brno and Bratislava
.. about 100kms apart and my dream is to see czechs play their group games in Brno (hometown) before I am CzechOldman

Fil

Nov 1, 2023
Can someone make a Czech-Hungary logo
Like the Birtish one in this thread plz.
Cause idk how to do that kind of stuff

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Can someone make a Czech-Hungary logo
Like the Birtish one in this thread plz.
Cause idk how to do that kind of stuff
Brno-Budapest.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad