Oilers hire Stan Bowman as GM & EVP of Hockey Ops

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Because at that time it was believed to be consensual. And his president said he would handle it.
The president said he would handle a consensual sexual encounter? Aldrich said it was consensual. Beach said it wasn't, and Quenville told Bowman don't rock the boat during playoffs. So he mentioned it to the president.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
What a f***ing joke!

This just might turn me off of the Oilers after all my decades of being a fan. Turned a blind eye to some other questionable reclamation projects.

This one is different.

I am embarrassed.
St Louis fans were good to me when I asked about joining their fandom while protesting Woodcroft

canuckster19

Former CDC Mod
Sep 23, 2008
Gothenburg Sweden
Lol. Anything to protect one of hockey's old boys. It's disgusting.

We've probably reached a point of no return as a community (fans, media, players, execs) if there isn't any fallout from this and he continues in this role. Too bad he's in the perfect city to do that with probably the most unqualified group of journalists on Earth.

I hate hockey so, so much.
CBC will do everything in their god damn power to make us look like the bad guys again next season too. But it's been obvious for a while the old boys club is filled with nothing but a bunch of racist xenophobic predators.

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
I don't think we should divert blame away from the league, who reinstated him. A league that never had the best interest of any victim until their feet are put to the coals. Any team bringing him on staff has done it under the authority and approval of the league and their standard. It is a questionable call, but the Oilers are not the focus here, imo.

TheOne

Jun 15, 2023
Ah yes, the guy who fell into first and second overall picks, then ruined the core whilst giving a sexual predator a positive review so he could go sexually abuse more minors. That's exactly the type of person you go and hire as the GM.
Bowman is terrible GM, but you're just regurgitating Westhead and Strang fabrications. Come on now, it's been years and people still don't know what factually happened?

thegazelle

Nov 11, 2019
Jeff Jackson said in the press conference that he didn’t talk to any player before making this decision.
I have my doubts whether this was actually the case - if it was that's a pretty tone deaf move by Jackson.

That said...the tinfoil hat wearing part of me makes me wonder whether this may in fact be true, but the reasoning is more to leverage existing displeasure in McDavid and subsequently Jackson will take advantage of this to find McDavid his next team. The only way I can see Jackson not consulting McDavid on this is if he already has a sense McDavid is not planning to re-sign and this sets him up to leave due to poor management decisions.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
From Rick Westhead:
New Oilers GM Stan Bowman said he has built a positive relationship with Kyle Beach over the past year.

I'd be really curious to hear from Beach on this. Does he agree? What does having a positive relationships even entail here? We likely never find out but it would be interesting.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Lol. Anything to protect one of hockey's old boys. It's disgusting.

We've probably reached a point of no return as a community (fans, media, players, execs) if there isn't any fallout from this and he continues in this role. Too bad he's in the perfect city to do that with probably the most unqualified group of journalists on Earth.

I hate hockey so, so much.
You hate hockey and have 10.5 thousand posts on a hockey forum?

Imagine what you’d do if you liked it!

Funnymanrocco

Jul 4, 2015
Edmonton
From Rick Westhead:

I'd be really curious to hear from Beach on this. Does he agree? What does having a positive relationships even entail here? We likely never find out but it would be interesting.
Beach brought bowman in to work with his team last year. Beach approved the hiring today.

Reactions: TheOne

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Yes

Oh please like any other fanbase is different
Yes, other fanbases are different. Not all are different but most don't take things to the extreme like Edmonton. We have a show called Oilers now that runs all offseason, all people want to do is talk hockey here, so if Bowman helps them win a championship, Oiler's fans couldn't give two shits about his past.

Reactions: Melrose Munch

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Maybe you should go to the police since you seem to know what truly happened and how Bowman lied.. maybe he was holding the camera while it happened.
Wtf are you talking about? If you wanna believe that damage control statement then go right ahead, I'm not that naive myself but to each their own. I love how you ignored everything past the first sentence of my post. Whether he gave Aldrich a positive review is kind of irrelevant considering they still covered for him.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad