Oilers hire Stan Bowman as GM & EVP of Hockey Ops

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Thats not how things work around here. must bash Oil!
I enjoy my bashing of the Oil as much as anyone else, but I don't really blame them in this case if they think Bowman can get them over the finish line. Some may disagree that he was all that useful in Chicago anyway.

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005
I won't comment on Stan Bowman's qualities as a GM.

But, one thing this hire makes EXTREMELY clear is that the Oilers are all about winning at (almost?) any cost.

It's gotta make people like Perry, Kane, etc. feel pretty good. Help the team win and no one will care about anything else. I hear Reid Boucher is lighting up the KHL. Maybe there's a spot for him in the future.

thedarkstark

Jun 22, 2012
Not blaming him for jones but my opinion has changed after hearing he inherited those boys.
When Stan took over the Blackhawks roster/prospect pool already included: Toews, Kane, Keith, Seabrook, Sharp, Crawford, Campbell, Hjalmerson, Byfuglien, Bolland, Kruger, Bickell, Versteeg, Ladd, Burish, Niemi.

Stan did literally nothing except piss it all away. The fact that he gets any credit for Talon's work is laughable.

Last edited:
Reactions: ICanMotteBelieveIt

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Publicity stemming from a sexual assault is, in fact, not good publicity.
The subject matter is irrelevant as long as it drives engagement.

Take this website just as an example, look how many views and posts have been made in the last 8 hours related to this story. Thats eyeballs, site traffic, posts, interactions, that’s all that advertisers see is the numbers. You’re contributing to that with every click and every post.

I’m not saying it’s right, I’m saying it’s just the reality in today’s day and age.

• Haha
Reactions: pearljamvs5

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
When Stan took over the Blackhawks roster/prospect pool already included: Toews, Kane, Keith, Seabrook, Sharp, Crawford, Campbell, Hjalmerson, Byfuglien, Bolland, Kruger, Bickell, Shaw, Versteeg, Ladd, Burish, Niemi.

Stan did literally nothing except piss it all away. The fact that he gets any credit for Talon's work is laughable.
Hossa was 10/10 signing and Paniran was aswell but yeah I don’t think he’s as great as he originally was

Mohar Ikram

Dec 27, 2021
Muadzam Shah, Pahang, Malaysia
I actually happy that Oilers hired Stan because Edmonton fans never felt grateful towards Ken Holland. They slandered him so much even though under him they manage to go to WCF and SCF. Yes you guys did not win, Yes, Holland decision making kinda weird sometimes but he did his job well.

Finally, you guys fully became a team that everyone hates due to this hiring. LOL.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Couldn't care less about the optics, guy lost his job and 3 years worth of salary so easily ten millions dollars in the process, that's enough. We'll see how he is as a GM, he didn't really build the Hawks, mostly inherited them.
I wonder if you'd think the same if you or your kid got molested? And after that experience it get buried for years while your molester is out there in the free ruining more lives.

thedarkstark

Jun 22, 2012
Hossa was 10/10 signing and Paniran was aswell but yeah I don’t think he’s as great as he originally was
I gave him credit for Hossa, but that wasn't that hard a decision, he was the best FA available on a young team that had cash and needed veterans.

Panarin played only 2 season here and then was given away for peanuts, that's not a win.

JPT

Jul 4, 2024
The subject matter is irrelevant as long as it drives engagement.

Take this website just as an example, look how many views and posts have been made in the last 8 hours related to this story. Thats eyeballs, site traffic, posts, interactions, that’s all that advertisers see is the numbers. You’re contributing to that with every click and every post.

I’m not saying it’s right, I’m saying it’s just the reality in today’s day and age.
Why exactly do you feel the need to say this stuff? Why did you feel the need to bring up how Edmonton could bring in Beach to really get the engagement up? Frankly, that's a really f***ed up thought to have.

Reactions: pearljamvs5

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
I actually happy that Oilers hired Stan because Edmonton fans never felt grateful towards Ken Holland. They slandered him so much even though under him they manage to go to WCF and SCF. Yes you guys did not win, Yes, Holland decision making kinda weird sometimes but he did his job well.

Finally, you guys fully became a team that everyone hates due to this hiring. LOL.
The Holland Curse begins.

CanadasTeam99

Jul 22, 2024
I have to give Edmonton credit. Team has the biggest Cajones in the NHL

They take on people and give them 2nd chances and usually succeed. That shows how great their culture is and great of a development team, etc they have. This hoes back to Sather.

Jeff Jackson knocks it out of the park again. Team is going to be one of the forerunners about this stuff not happening again.

Some people are followers. Some are Leaders. Edmonton are leaders, not to mention cup contenders.

Jeff just keeps on going. Next up. Drai extension. I like how Jeff said he will work with Stan on contract negotiations.

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
I have to give Edmonton credit. Team has the biggest Cajones in the NHL

They take on people and give them 2nd chances and usually succeed. That shows how great their culture is and great of a development team, etc they have. This hoes back to Sather.

Jeff Jackson knocks it out of the park again. Team is going to be one of the forerunners about this stuff not happening again.

Some people are followers. Some are Leaders. Edmonton are leaders, not to mention cup contenders.

Jeff just keeps on going. Next up. Drai extension. I like how Jeff said he will work with Stan on contract negotiations.
There's having balls and there's being scum. They didn't just cross that line, they took a jet and flew way over the other side of it.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
NHL should force POS Daryl Katz to sell the franchise to someone who ain't a f***ing psycopath (on condition that the team stays in Edmonton, obviously)

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Jeez so much hatred in this thread lol

Anyways focusing on hockey, I'm curious if Bowman will make any big trades before the season starts. He's got loads of pressure with Drai + Mcdavid nearing UFA

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Hahahahaha

Mcdavid will never win a cup with Edmonton.
Sure he will.

Jeez so much hatred in this thread lol

Anyways focusing on hockey, I'm curious if Bowman will make any big trades before the season starts. He's got loads of pressure with Drai + Mcdavid nearing UFA
I think it's a smart choice. He will succeed . Oilers Cup win was coming regardless. Jackson and Bowman will help deliver.

Last edited:

McBaevid

Lottery Dynasty
Oct 3, 2010
Edmonton, AB
This league is such trash. Every other professional league shuts this kinda stuff down immediately and the consequences are always lifetime bans. Look at the NBA, look at the NFL. The NHL is such a joke of a league, once Garry Buttman f***s off and retires/dies maybe they’ll be some semblance of integrity.
So sick of this organization making blatantly terrible decisions

Enniskillen

Jan 16, 2021
Bowman and the entire trash organization Chicago Black Hawks. Comical they got the biggest joke of a fine because Bettman is a disgraced loser himself. What they ignored and allowed to happen is criminal and vile and now the Oilers are all like hey cool, let's add him.

Meanwhile teams draft these dirt bags because boys will be boys or some ridiculous explanation to justify sexual assault or toxic behavior that is hidden and not held to a proper accountability or standard at all so these players keep doing it because others tell them - they just wanna tear you down!

It's hard to see that video and not be emotional. If that doesn't make someone emotional and understand why Bowman and his cronies don't deserve a job in sports and the Hawks deserved hasher punishment then they're a big part of the sports culture that enables these types of losers.

His idiocy along with the entire Hawks organization and the others that were banned - allowed more abuse to happen.

That should be end of story for their careers and the Hawks should have been fined and punished harder, giving up multiple first rounders for at least 5 years.

The fact that the NHL keeps denying CTE, allowing abusers and toxic people into the league via management, draft, etc, shows they really don't understand a damned f***ing thing.

Now the Oilers players are quiet. I respect the Bruins players a f*** ton more for speaking out about Miller while players on the Habs, Vegas, etc seem cool about their loser drafted players. Either they will speak up and this goes the way of Babs and CBJ or they play the he paid his dues bs.
Hate Boston as a rival hockey club, but what a classy organization with classy players. Even Marchand deserves tons of respect for the way he plays. I am sure he does a lot of community outreach too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad