Confirmed with Link: Oilers Do Not Match Broberg ($4.58M X2) & Holloway ($2.29M x 2) Offer Sheets | Oilers acquire STL 3rd '28 & Paul Fischer for Futures

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What Would You Do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WEMCHUD

Oct 28, 2014
Lol just saw a post how both offers aav's are just $1 shy each of extra compensation for the oilers.

Reactions: McDoused

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
For Broberg that's life changing money for a player that doesn't have a guaranteed future in the NHL. Chances are he'll never make that kind of AAV again, he'd have been stupid not to take it.

Yup, take the bag young man - don't blame the kid one bit. That is life-changing money. We were offering like $1.25 x 2 or something like that, and he just got a guaranteed $9. That is a ~$6.5 M difference, lol. Take it and run man, take it and run.

Reactions: McDoused and Faelko

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Let's see what our new GM pulls out of his a** now.
Will be his first test in many people's eyes.
He’s failed the 1st test by not signing these guys right away. This is his second test

10 offer sheets in the entire NHL in 26 years and now two at once by one team targetting us?

Imagine if Brian Burke was our GM lol

Anyway, f*** you St. Lou.
Stan Bowmen effect

Reactions: Dan403 and Myride

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Oilers gotta match. Holloway and Broberg will be what keep the window open for many more years.

Reactions: nally

ManOfSteelI

Nov 5, 2018
I wonder if these offer sheets even happen if Bowman isn't our GM.
This was my first thought.

When's the last time something like this happened? Plenty of teams have been in tough spots and no one took advantage like this.

This is a shot at the Oil for hiring Bowman, I have no doubt.

Reactions: Davo Ikinzom

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
its obviously terrible mismanagement by the oilers. if they werent gonna have a succession plan in place, they shouldnt have f***ed around doing a hiring process for stan bowman instead of getting to business. Holloway should have been an easy signing and while im sure in an ideal world youd like the Draisaitl deal done to set the cap structure, its ultimately irrelevant to signing a guy like Holloway. You do a reasonable deal with Holloway regardless asap and figure it out later, because leaving an unprotected asset like a 14th overall pick hanging around to be offersheeted beyond your reach for the cost of a 3rd is stupid AF. Do the RFA deals and if they dont fit after a Drai signing you ship somebody out for value.

Now you're just getting robbed in the night for no reason with no meaningful compensation, I would argue quite predictably despite the rhetoric of some pundits who are always blindsided by these offers every time.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
This was my first thought.

When's the last time something like this happened? Plenty of teams have been in tough spots and no one took advantage like this.

This is a shot at the Oil for hiring Bowman, I have no doubt.

You honestly think that if we hired Jesus Christ himself there would be no offer sheet?

The Oilers obviously had low offers on the table and agents were waiting to see if an offer sheet materialized.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Oilers gotta match. Holloway and Broberg will be what keep the window open for many more years.

Not at that price they won't. Young players keep the window open because they are usually cheaper options. But Broberg is being paid like a 28 year old vet on a UFA deal now. Great for him, but it doesn't allow the "cheap young option" for the Oilers. You let him walk for certain with that contract.

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
Only at a reasonable cost, which the Broberg one is not for the oilers. Thye don’t extend the windows if they are overpaid and Broberg is for sure.

Reactions: McDoused

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I wonder if they suck it up with Broberg since defenseman are tougher to find and let Holloway walk, since he’s playing bottom 6 minutes anyways

Broberg would be more of a loss IF he plays like he played in the playoffs for us.

ManOfSteelI

Nov 5, 2018
You honestly think that if we hired Jesus Christ himself there would be no offer sheet?

The Oilers obviously had low offers on the table and agents were waiting to see if an offer sheet materialized.
You think the Oil are the first team to be in that position?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad