Confirmed with Link: Oilers Do Not Match Broberg ($4.58M X2) & Holloway ($2.29M x 2) Offer Sheets | Oilers acquire STL 3rd '28 & Paul Fischer for Futures

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What Would You Do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Neither is spending $4.6M on a guy that might never be one.

Especially when you have to run a 20 man roster to make it happen. The team has already played tons of hockey. Now you're playing a man short if anyone misses a game. They'll be ground to dust by the playoffs.
it's a better risk than putting Stetcher in the top 4

losing Ceci, Broberg and Desharnais to an already thin Defense is risking disaster

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Saying this feels a bit disingenuous because it's perfectly possible to match both.
Matching both means you have to trade Kulak for a league minimum player and then also shed another $250k. Kane won't be on LTIR forever.

Then you have to run a 20 man roster for rest of the season.

That's about as close to financially impossible as you can get I'd say.

kevy9999

Mar 10, 2023
Y’all are dumb as MF bricks if you think players like Desharnais grow on trees. Its sad around here.
Doesn't grow on trees but very replaceable and has more faults than assets

Lol they don't have to trade Kulak
Matching both means you have to trade Kulak for a league minimum player and then also shed another $200k. Kane won't be on LTIR forever.

That's about as close to financially impossible as you can get I'd say.l

Reactions: Duke74

kevy9999

Mar 10, 2023
Yiure
Matching both means you have to trade Kulak for a league minimum player and then also shed another $250k. Kane won't be on LTIR forever.

You're not good at math, are you? Lol

Reactions: capazzo

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
I really hope they don’t match either and show every player in the nhl they are going for the cup this year.

Really hope we match both. Super poor asset management to let them walk.
It’s poor asset management if they sign either of these bloated contracts.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Here's the roster with both matched and a league minimum player in Kulak's spot.

This team is still $263k over the cap.

That's the reality of things. When Kane is off LTIR, they'd be screwed.

1724107132814.png

Reactions: Yuke

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
it's a better risk than putting Stetcher in the top 4

losing Ceci, Broberg and Desharnais to an already thin Defense is risking disaster
It’s gonna require some rookies/ cheap contracts to build up a nice cushion to bring the players in at the deadline to compete for the cup.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto

This is an assumption. For the record, I agree with you, but it's still an assumption.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Here's the roster with both matched and a league minimum player in Kulak's spot.

This team is still $263k over the cap.

That's the reality of things. When Kane is off LTIR, they'd be screwed.

View attachment 901987
263k should be doable though. And Kane off LTIR ideally will be post playoffs only. So next off season we’d have to deal with it. But next off season we have an extra year under both Holloway and Brobergs belts, so if we need to move them at that point, at least the trades will be more fair than these measly offer sheet picks.

Reactions: capazzo

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015

Don't worry they have a new trading buddy with SJ

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Anyone know which episode I need to listen to to hear Bob criticize Holland about not signing Broberg/Holloway mid season?

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020

...and it's just not that, it's qualifying both at a high number or letting them walk in two years. If the players don't perform at a high level they become overpaid rentals.

Club better be certain on the player or players they match.

Anyone know which episode I need to listen to to hear Bob criticize Holland about not signing Broberg/Holloway mid season?
episode 315

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
My guess is the delay being one of two things.

1) Edmonton doesn't want players who don't want to be here, and don't want these kids earning way more than their worth. They'll match if they have to, but seeing if a team will trade them a top 4 dman in a package that will include the comp picks.

2) They plan on matching and are making the Blues wait as long as possible so they can't use their picks on other offers. Just out of spite.

aspin3

Oct 31, 2017
This is an assumption. For the record, I agree with you, but it's still an assumption.
You deal with that when you have a better understanding of where Kane is at. There may be another injury or who knows. That is 7 months away. At this point with getting Podkolzin I am ok with letting Holloway go.

alanschu

Aug 12, 2005
Edmonton, Alberta

Just save after every game and reload if a player gets hurt :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad