Post-Game Talk: Oilers dig a self-inflicted grave

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Man you should’ve heard the little chuckle Shorthouse just had announcing the final score of our game…only for Calgary to score immediately after.

Suck on that shortstuff
That whole market is petty as f***. Like moreso than usual fandom shit. Has to be the lack of cups.

Reactions: Duke74

RandomGuy79

Oct 4, 2017
Surrey
Woof!

I think one important difference between this season and last season is that we know that Picard can play.

I honestly don't know if there is a lot of difference between Picard and Skinner.

Obviously you can't ride Picard for 50 games but when Skinner goes cold (as he invariably does) then don't hesitate to use Picard. One thing I like about his game versus Skinner is that he seems more relaxed and doesn't seem to fight the puck.

Well neither goalie is going to win us games with us scoring 0 goals. All this talk about how awful Stu was while ignoring we had 0 goals.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
6329EC84-E1B2-4E2E-9CBE-D05E84228655.gif

Oilers reading their press clippings yet again. They will never learn, will they?

Reactions: rec28 and oobga

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
It's always amazing watching Hellebuyck vs Skinner. Helle big and in position all night, so even if he couldn't see it it would hit him anyways. Meanwhile Skinner was losing his net as soon as the puck moved laterally all game.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
I'd put in Lavoie with Draisaitl (banish Skinner to PB), drop Emberson to 3rd pairing with Kulak, sit Dermott, and put in Stecher at this point. And start Pickard. Can't believe I'm saying it but the f***ing Shames showed more heart today.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
It's always amazing watching Hellebuyck vs Skinner. Helle big and in position all night, so even if he couldn't see it it would hit him anyways. Meanwhile Skinner was losing his net as soon as the puck moved laterally all game.
Nothing impressive at all. Passing into nothing, muffin shots with no prayer... Easy game for him.

OilfaninTO

Aug 1, 2020
So who was McDavid’s old midget coach? Looks like we’re gonna need that new coach bump. Obviously facetious bit still, we looked awful.

Keggatron

Nov 15, 2008
Say what you want but we outplayed the shit out of them. Were all over them in the first then two shitty breaks/bad goals, then a terrible shift followed by another quick goal then a bullshit weak PP to a team up 4-0 that not even in bizarro world would we ever get that call. Skinner blows ass. Decent goals but make a f***ing save. Goal two shouldn't have gone either neither should have goal 5.

I don't understand how we just make goalies look absolutely otherworldly with the amount of offensive talent we have on this team. It happens so uncannily much, it's so puzzling. Not to mention the league does us not a single favor. If we go up 5-0 refs gift the other team five straight penalties. Happens to us and we have a deficit of 3-1. Frustrating beyond belief.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Emberson, the man saddled to babysit Nurse in the 2nd pair...was a -2
no wonder Knob out him down to the bottom pair...he's a #6
Man, an inexperienced defenseman forced to play top 4 tough minutes on a team with a ton of pressure to win the Stanley Cup... Who could've seen those struggles coming?

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Skinner was 4-0-1 before tonight vs the Jets. Just sayin’

We play well against Helle a lot too. Except one infamous playoff round. Think he only had 2 wins on us in years.

This was just a stinker of a game by most guys.

We better snap out of this early season slacking quick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad