Post-Game Talk: Oilers 4 Sharks 3 - Hitch a ride to McDavid

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Pure honesty which is great. No deflecting questions. Just honest true answers.

What I liked was the part where he mentioned that he liked the guys cause he told them their mistake and to go fix it and they did. Shows the guys ready to buy in.

Also wondering which guy didn't see the ice cause he couldn't remember their name lol

Yup as predicted. We got a good room there. Had zero worries buy in was going to be the issue.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Oh man reading the entire sharks gdt.... Such misdirected anger at their d and their coach and their precious pavelski and the refs and Oilers late hits?......I've had this feeling many times in the past. It's facing a Hitchcock team. Infuriating beyond belief.

Interacting with Sharks fans during the 16-17 playoffs its like ANY amount of physical play against them is a crime against hockey. That fanbase wouldn't know physicality if Lucic smashed their heads into the glass.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Yup as predicted. We got a good room there. Had zero worries buy in was going to be the issue.

I never really bought that the room is the issue. Not five years ago, and not today. Not every player is 100% a perfect angel, but I think that's never been the core issue or even close to it.

They don't have a good enough roster so they get frustrated and lose and that spirals downwards, Hitch maaaaay work as a stop gap in a year where the Pacific is very weak because I do think the guys genuinely want success. They just overall have too many holes as a team that opponents exploit to win games and then confidence goes down the toilet.

So if Hitch tells them "buy into what I'm selling because it'll get you wins" I don't doubt they will at least listen and give it a fair try. Now how well those actual results are, time will tell.

Canada Drai

Dwemer Remix
Oct 4, 2017
Interacting with Sharks fans during the 16-17 playoffs its like ANY amount of physical play against them is a crime against hockey. That fanbase wouldn't know physicality if Lucic smashed their heads into the glass.

One of the worst experiences of my life was dealing with Sharks fans during the playoffs.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I never really bought that the room is the issue. Not five years ago, and not today. Not every player is 100% a perfect angel, but I think that's never been the core issue or even close to it.

They don't have a good enough roster so they get frustrated and lose and that spirals downwards, Hitch maaaaay work as a stop gap in a year where the Pacific is very weak because I do think the guys genuinely want success. They just overall have too many holes as a team that opponents exploit to win games and then confidence goes down the toilet.

So if Hitch tells them "buy into what I'm selling because it'll get you wins" I don't doubt they will at least listen and give it a fair try. Now how well those actual results are, time will tell.

Yup time will tell. So why were you pissing and moaning about the new coach hire for hours earlier :laugh:. I agree with all your points about Chia and this joke of a roster he's put together.... But sometimes players CAN play above their level with the right motivation. And sometimes the effect of poor talent and bad players can be minimized with proper deployment and coaching. Wait and see time right now.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Yup time will tell. So why were you pissing and moaning about the new coach hire for hours earlier :laugh:. I agree with all your points about Chia and this joke of a roster he's put together.... But sometimes players CAN play above their level with the right motivation. And sometimes the effect of poor talent and bad players can be minimized with proper deployment and coaching. Wait and see time right now.

Frustration of being cornered into this position to begin with. We shouldn't be here.

McDynasty

Nov 11, 2013
Ugly win, McDavid + Drai working their magic while the rest of the team stunk it up. Timely SHG by RNH and Brodziak though. Also Koskinen kept this team in there by bailing out the group of 5 in front of him over and over.
There are no such things as ugly wins, a win is always pretty nice.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Frustration of being cornered into this position to begin with. We shouldn't be here.

We shouldn't. But we are. Imma give the coach a chance... and through that also Chia... The worst case is we get exactly what we want anyways, Chia canned in the offseason.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Thought this needed to be brought in from the GDT, Hitch on Benning:

QFn7H81.gif

McDynasty

Nov 11, 2013
They were actually told to maintain cycles and wear down the other team instead of constantly forcing the puck back to the point in order to be shot into shinpads. That alone makes guys like Kassian and Lucic at least potentially effective players.
I'm tired of the cliche that NHL teams are now about faster not bigger, I always felt you need a healthy combination of both to win games and I think we have a pretty good balance of that.

McDynasty

Nov 11, 2013
The sad thing is that the worst defenseman tonight wasn’t Benning ... it was Karlsson.

One PP giveaway leading to a goal against, got outskated by Khaira for a SH breakaway, got walked by McDavid and fell down.

Every time I noticed him it was because he did something bad.
He's really killing his UFA contract value being on the sharks.

McCombo

Nov 16, 2013
GET BEAR UP. It's so obvious for a team with zero "exceptional passers" on D.
I thought that Bear was best of the B's (Bear, Benning, Bouchard) in training camp. But he was casualty of contract situations. Bouchard got his try-out and Bear didn't need to clear waivers. Sucks he got injured in AHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad