Value of: Oilers 2017 unprotected 1st

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Wow! I did a "Oilers" search and couldn't find anything for this. Although not that surprising since its usually the only thing Oilers fans have to look forward to.

Well documented what the Oilers are looking for but here's a list of their "depth"

Centre: McDavid, Nugent-Hopkins, Draisaitl, Letestu, Lander, Khaira
Left Wing: Lucic, Pouliot, Maroon, Hendricks, Benson, Slepyshev
Right Wing: Eberle, Yakupov, Puljujarvi, Kassian, Caggiula, *Versteeg

Left Defense: Klefbom, Sekera, Davidson, Nurse, Reinhart, Oesterle, Musil, C.Jones
Right Defense: Larsson, Fayne, Bear, Berglund

Goal: Talbot, Gustuvsson, Brossoit

tv14

Cam Dadbot
Feb 12, 2008
Alberta
Best bet might be to wait until draft day. Potentially could be some good players shaking free (hopefully a RHD) with expansion looking large.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Best bet might be to wait until draft day. Potentially could be some good players shaking free (hopefully a RHD) with expansion looking large.

The entry draft takes place after the expansion draft. My guess is that if teams are moving players they are worried about losing to expansion they will likely be dealt at the trade deadline or possibly between the Cup finals and the expansion draft if there is a trade window.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
until the position of the first is determined, it's foolish to speculate as to it's value. Are we talking about a first? A 15th? Drastically different values.

6 God

Jul 12, 2013
until the position of the first is determined, it's foolish to speculate as to it's value. Are we talking about a first? A 15th? Drastically different values.

that's what makes this thread intriguing though.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Leafs:

Depends when you want this trade to happen. If its near the TDL, id do Kadri ++

Redline

Feb 26, 2003
boardroom
Visit site
Have to think a GM(if trading for it at the beginning of the season) would be assuming approximately a 10th overall pick and offer suitable value.
Not too sure how deep this draft is to put a value on a #10 selection though.

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
EDM makes the playoffs this year, quote me on it. This pick will probably be in the 21-24 range, unless the oilers win the cup.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
thread should be renamed to value of Patrick/Liljegren, theyre both worth quite a bit.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
Leafs:

Depends when you want this trade to happen. If its near the TDL, id do Kadri ++

Unless they trade the Nuge, Edmonton definitely doesn't need a centre. Leafs and Oilers are bad trading partners, since they're both kinda in the same position (Edmonton being further along) looking to fill the same needs.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I agree a top pick 3 will be worth a lot. I like our chances with 1% at winning the draft lottery.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
thread should be renamed to value of Patrick/Liljegren, theyre both worth quite a bit.

Still spewing your Oiler hatred I see.

I think the pick can be out of the top ten (I hope so anyways).

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
EDM makes the playoffs this year, quote me on it. This pick will probably be in the 21-24 range, unless the oilers win the cup.

Agreed. If i was the oilers id trade it now knowing there gonna no longer have top draft picks cause other teams may not know that yet

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
It won't be treated as that special. No GM is going to take that major a risk, it won't land you a top pairing RHD unless that player is drastically overpaid.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
It won't be treated as that special. No GM is going to take that major a risk, it won't land you a top pairing RHD unless that player is drastically overpaid.

don't recall anybody suggesting the 1st is enough for one

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad