GDT: oilering

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I hate that this was one of the earlier games on this road trip and I still woke up feeling absolutely wrecked.

I might be "monkey paw"ing it, but no more OT until they return to the correct time zone please.

Reactions: Tryamw

gooseygoose

Jan 14, 2024
Now, how much faster do we win that OT if they stop putting Staal out there.
I had the same thought but as a mcdavid line matchup it makes some sense to just tire them out before putting out scorers no? Be a little more cautious ? Even aho in post game interview was saying he was much more concerned w defensive plays in ot than he normally is w mcdavid out there

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
What an amazing overtime! Necas is proving he’s worth the price of admission, but he’s done it before in short bursts. We’re going to need a full season.

That backhand pass through traffic from Ghost to Necas on the winner was ridiculous. Ghost could have a career year with us if he stays healthy. Necas and Ghost 3v3 should scare anyone. If Aho gets on a roll we should want all games to go to OT.

Svech still looks out of synch and it’s going to be his turn to shine here at some point.
Of course Necas is gonna pop off. This ain't no contract year!

Stars:
Andersen
Aho
Robinson / Nachos
Stickpuckers 3 stars:
Nachos
Ghost
Orlov

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
stopping by to say i enjoyed this game a lot

Aho killed a man
1729686789269.png

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Glad to see the boys pulled off the W because the first half of that game was pretty tough to watch. Also glad Freddie settled into Steady Freddie for the game.

Seems like Ghost has honestly been our best player and most consistent through the first 5 games. 3rd line has been causing chaos, but as expected, not tons of goals. Our top lines have had decent individual efforts but overall been very disconnected as lines.

I wouldn't mind seeing if Svech - Aho - Nachos & Roslo - KK - Jarvis have some better chemistry.

Orlov? The guy that got embarrassed in both goals against? I mean, I get it, it's McDavid, he does that, but still...
In all fairness I think Ghost took him out on that first one

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
What an amazing overtime! Necas is proving he’s worth the price of admission, but he’s done it before in short bursts. We’re going to need a full season.

Yeah, this fully. Necas always has a stretch every year where you think he's finally figured it out before falling back into his hero puck turnover machine tendencies. Need him to play a full season of good hockey. Its time he puts it all together.

That backhand pass through traffic from Ghost to Necas on the winner was ridiculous. Ghost could have a career year with us if he stays healthy. Necas and Ghost 3v3 should scare anyone. If Aho gets on a roll we should want all games to go to OT.

Love what Gost is showing so far, and does make you wonder if we made a mistake in letting him walk away last season. Either way, we got him for 3 years and if this is the player we got, its an absolute steal. That said, I'm pumping the brakes a bit on his hype train for now, because I seem to remember him going on a scoring streak when he was first traded here a couple seasons back only to go into a rut down the stretch. But so far, definitely a very good offseason pickup for us.

Svech still looks out of synch and it’s going to be his turn to shine here at some point.

Speaking of guys we need a full season from. As much as we like to ride Necas for never really living up to expectation, we need our #2 overall pick to start looking like a #2 overall pick. He has all the tools to completely take games over. He needs to stop being a passenger out there and start being the alpha player on the ice that we know he can be.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Didn’t Jarvis have some success when paired with Staal and Martinook in the playoffs last year? Or was that regular season? Can’t recall…

Anyway, I like the idea of Necas with Aho at 5-5, really load up that first line:

Svechnikov-Aho-Necas
Carrier-Kotkaniemi-Roslovic
Martinook-Staal-Jarvis
Robinson-Drury-Blake

You’ve got everyone on their natural sides with that lineup too. Problem would be that middle 6 only has Jarvis as a finisher.

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Didn’t Jarvis have some success when paired with Staal and Martinook in the playoffs last year? Or was that regular season? Can’t recall…

Anyway, I like the idea of Necas with Aho at 5-5, really load up that first line:

Svechnikov-Aho-Necas
Martinook-Staal-Jarvis
Robinson-Drury-Blake

You’ve got everyone on their natural sides with that lineup too. Problem would be that middle 6 only has Jarvis as a finisher.
Interesting....I might swap JR and Jarvis though (Jarvis then plays with his Finnish Brother, KK)

Reactions: WreckingCrew

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia

Svechnikov-Aho-Necas
Martinook-Staal-Jarvis
Robinson-Drury-Blake

Jarvis had some success early on with Staal and Martinook if memory serves. Then was put back with them after game 1 of the Islanders series and I don't think much came of it.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Jarvis had some success early on with Staal and Martinook if memory serves. Then was put back with them after game 1 of the Islanders series and I don't think much came of it.
Jarvis broke a finger early in the Isles series that made him largely ineffective the rest of the playoff run. Can't really take anything away from the way he looked with that line because he wasn't even close to 100% health-wise, especially when you factor in the torn labrum and rotator cuff that he suffered early in the season and just pain managed the rest of the year.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015

Svechnikov-Aho-Necas
Martinook-Staal-Jarvis
Robinson-Drury-Blake

Don't do that to poor Jarvis again...he doesn't deserve that

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia
Jarvis broke a finger early in the Isles series that made him largely ineffective the rest of the playoff run. Can't really take anything away from the way he looked with that line because he wasn't even close to 100% health-wise, especially when you factor in the torn labrum and rotator cuff that he suffered early in the season and just pain managed the rest of the year.
Yeah that was the line juggling issue I had with Rod in those playoffs. I was ok with swapping Svech and Jarvis to get some size with Aho but leaving Jarvis stapled to Staal the rest of the way made me want to tear my hair out. I forgot about the finger though which makes a bit more sense then to leave him there and focus on defense and if he scores it's a bonus.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad