Proposal: Oiler Trades

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
If the Wild are going to move Greenway, whom I see as a middle six forward, the Oilers could be a good destination for him. They could use a big guy who might not exactly be a line driver but who is good with puck possession. At least that is how I see Greenway.

If we are just talking futures the Oilers could move a pick, a okay prospect and a contract that expires at the end of the season so as to not be a burden to Minnesota. Maybe a guy like Turris. I don't see the Oilers coughing up a 1st for Greenway, but a 2nd and a prospect could be possible. I guess it all depends on what Holland wants to do at 2RW and how much the Wild think they can get for their guy.
That's a decent read on Greenway, but it's also why they probably wouldn't move him in-season. He's got consistency issues but at worst he's a good middle-6 forward that I don't think they have a ready replacement for (or at least not one that management is comfortable promoting). The return would probably be better in the offseason as well.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I absolutely love Gibson and want him on the team but there is no way in hell he's worth that much... 2 firsts and 2 a prospects? I can't think of any player recently getting that type of return. Especially a goalie
You asked for 50% retained. That’s worth at least a 1st and good prospect alone.

you’re probably still adding for $18mm retained over six years. That’s a massive ask. So keep adding if that’s part of the trade. Several 1st and top prospects.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
That's nuts.

Edit: To clarify, you're asking healthy Eichel-level trade assets.
You’re asking for 50% retention on a long term contract. That’s nuts. That is Completely nuts. You think that part of the request comes without cost? Oh think again.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
You’re asking for 50% retention on a long term contract. That’s nuts. That is Completely nuts. You think that part of the request comes without cost? Oh think again.

Cool your jets. If you read any of my earlier posts I acknowledge that 50% retention over the length of a six year contract is a big ask. I think you or another poster pointed out there aren't any contracts out there traded with six years and 50% retention. Fair enough.

Nevertheless you are dreaming in technicolor if you think Gibson is going to get a healthy Eichel-like return. That isn't a knock on Gibson. He is a 1A goaltender in my view. Goalies just don't get that kind of value in trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad