Proposal: Oil and the Note

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Husso has outplayed Binnington this season and is likely going to get more starts. Basically its conceivable that he could be the starter come PO's so this trade would really hurt the Blues on ice product.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

jjniner

Feb 28, 2016
And then he walks this summer for nada. We need to get away from losing good talent and getting nothing in return. Unfortunately we cannot afford both next year.

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
I wouldn't do it from an Oilers perspective.
I mean, I understand you have to give to get. But a first and Samurokov (who IMO is not really a blue-chipper, but still a good prospect) is quite a lot to give up for a very unknown goaltender. Especially considering there's no salary going back.

Reactions: nturn06

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
Who-so? He's a 26 year old with 28 games under his belt. After a few games of Dustin Schwartz "mentoring" and getting shelled behind the Oilers defence, he'd be another in a long line of ruined goalies.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
When did Husso get that value?
this year, 7-2-0-1 with a 2.02/.938

after looking shaky in his first year (last year) came on towards the end of the season and has been VERY good this year

that being said, I don't see STL trading him with his play being so good and Binny looking shaky. Also, I'm not sure Samorkuv (sp?) is ready for prime time. STL walked him fairly easily when they played a few weeks ago, to the point I believe the coach didn't play him after the 1st period, iirc
EDM really has a few holes, and I'm not sure just getting a goalie is gonna make a ton of difference

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
When did Husso get that value?
He's off to a fantastic start this year. Among goalies with 10 or more games, Husso is #1 in SV% (.938), #1 in GAA (2.02), and tied for #8 in shutouts w/ 2 in only eleven games. Great advanced stats too, #2 in GAA better than expected (LINK). He's also been a highly touted prospect for a while now, it's not like this is coming out of nowhere.

That said, Husso is a UFA after this season and certainly does not have the value of a #12 OA pick + Samorukov right now. I hope it's the Blues, but which ever team can lock Husso into a reasonable contract this offseason is going to be very happy.

Husso will be starting tonight against the canucks, check him out and see if the hype matches your eye test.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Jesus. The guy has had a ten game stretch of good play. Cam Talbot had several years of strong numbers on a much weaker team and he didn't cost anything close to this.

Husso's value probably isn't significant enough to consider flipping him if they believe he's a stronger play than Bennington.

Reactions: ujju2

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
He's off to a fantastic start this year. Among goalies with 10 or more games, Husso is #1 in SV% (.938), #1 in GAA (2.02), and tied for #8 in shutouts w/ 2 in only eleven games. Great advanced stats too, #2 in GAA better than expected (LINK). He's also been a highly touted prospect for a while now, it's not like this is coming out of nowhere.

That said, Husso is a UFA after this season and certainly does not have the value of a #12 OA pick + Samorukov right now. I hope it's the Blues, but which ever team can lock Husso into a reasonable contract this offseason is going to be very happy.

Husso will be starting tonight against the canucks, check him out and see if the hype matches your eye test.

then that phoenix guy is worth 2 first rounders--

17 games last year his save% was .893

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
then that phoenix guy is worth 2 first rounders--

17 games last year his save% was .893
Did you miss the part where I said he was not worth that?

Feel free to learn more about an intriguing young player, or not. The nice thing about separate digestive tracks is that what you eat doesn't make me shit.

Reactions: TK 421

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Jesus! His numbers looked like crap last year and this year he has a dozen good games behind a stingy Blues team. Now you want a first pick +??!? In what universe does he hold that kind of value?

Can we interest you in Cooper Marody for a 1st round pick? Sure, he’s only played one game this year. But he’s scoring at a clip of 10.2 pts/60 at 5v5. Sounds good? Fax the paperwork.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad