Proposal: Oil and the Note

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
We need a strong, big stay at home LD with a slight offensive upside who can play now. We're drowning in goalie depth that can hold the fort on a phone call. Trading Husso has to make sense and if it doesn't fill a major need for us, there's no reason to do it.

jjniner

Feb 28, 2016
Binnington and Kostin for your 1 or 2 best LD prospect. We will eat 25% of his salary

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Binnington and Kostin for your 1 or 2 best LD prospect. We will eat 25% of his salary

No thanks. Hardly need to get fleeced in a deal like this.

Binnington is your particular cross to bear. Your guy signed him and gave him a NTC. He ain't waiving to come to Edmonton.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Moot point. There's no way the Blues are dealing Husso when he is playing this well and Binnington is playing this badly. Binner allowed 7 goals thru two periods tonight, dropping his SV% to barely above .900 and his GAA up to like 3.20. Meanwhile, Husso has been perfect in relief (albeit against an offensive attack not needing to pressure much).
if ya watched that game last night, you'd know Binny wasn't the problem

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
We need a strong, big stay at home LD with a slight offensive upside who can play now. We're drowning in goalie depth that can hold the fort on a phone call. Trading Husso has to make sense and if it doesn't fill a major need for us, there's no reason to do it.
You might be able to convince some that Samurokov could work in a 1 for 1 deal, but I don't think the OP's Samurokov and a 1st has legs. I still think its more of a lesser prospect though.

IIxGURUxII

Jul 19, 2018
Far to much to give up for a goalie with little experience at the pro level... only worth about a 3rd and B prospect ...

could very well be another Kosk.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
He's off to a fantastic start this year. Among goalies with 10 or more games, Husso is #1 in SV% (.938), #1 in GAA (2.02), and tied for #8 in shutouts w/ 2 in only eleven games. Great advanced stats too, #2 in GAA better than expected (LINK). He's also been a highly touted prospect for a while now, it's not like this is coming out of nowhere.

That said, Husso is a UFA after this season and certainly does not have the value of a #12 OA pick + Samorukov right now. I hope it's the Blues, but which ever team can lock Husso into a reasonable contract this offseason is going to be very happy.

Husso will be starting tonight against the canucks, check him out and see if the hype matches your eye test.

Not a slander on Husso, but those numbers sound like the type of performance (0.930+) and duration (20-30 games) that enticed Chia to sign Koskinen to 4 x $4.5M.

I'd rather not go down that road again.

Agree with you that 1st + Samorukov could probably net a higher-probability bet.

Reactions: TFHockey

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
if ya watched that game last night, you'd know Binny wasn't the problem

I didn't watch the game. Can you elaborate? Binner got score on 7 times in two periods and Husso stopped all shots in the 3rd. Did Calgary just stop playing because they were up six goals?

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
I didn't watch the game. Can you elaborate? Binner got score on 7 times in two periods and Husso stopped all shots in the 3rd. Did Calgary just stop playing because they were up six goals?

Binnington let up a stinker and a half, but also made some good saves. The rest were not his fault remotely. Bortuzzo even accidentally took him out to leave an empty net on one of them. Husso was better (and has been much better) and made a couple nice saves, but, yes, Calgary didn't really press the way they did earlier in the game. They still ran their top powerplay units out there late, but Husso didn't face the crazy chances the Blues' "defense" allowed on Binnington.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
You need a D and defensive forwards. Doesnt matter if you have prime Hasek in goal when the team sucks at defending. I`d rather go look for defensive D:s and 2-way 3rd liners at this point.

So I guess Mike Smith last year was prime Hasek?

2.31 GA per game for Smith last season is extremely low as a comparable that means with Smith in net the Oilers allowed fewer GA than Carolina, who were the no.2 team defensively in the NHL.

Yeah goaltending kinda matters.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Husso for a 3rd and a B-level prospect

Pick becomes a 2nd if Husso wins 4 playoff games
Pick becomes a 1st if Husso wins 8+ playoff games

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad