Offseason Roster Moves, Rumors, and Discussion

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009

On Contract Negotiations​

"My contract arbitration hearing is scheduled for July 31st. I'm not worried; I just don't want to go to Toronto [for the hearing]," Marchenko stated. "If we don't reach an agreement before that date, it would be better if I flew to the hearing. If necessary, I will go to arbitration."Marchenko is keeping his options open: "I'm considering both a long-term and a bridge contract, but I prefer the process to move faster." He also noted that he hasn't had the opportunity to speak with the new general manager, Don Waddell, adding, "I don't know him personally, and I'm unsure how he'll fit into the team."

Regarding the possibility of a long-term contract, Marchenko was noncommittal: "That depends on the offer. I haven't received any worthy offers yet, so I can't say for sure." He expressed frustration with the slow progress, saying, "Regarding deadline and money, things are progressing slowly. Maybe next week, there will be a more specific offer from the club."

Reactions: CBJx614 and LJ7

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
14 goals in 56 games playing roughly 11 minutes a game with no PP time.
Definitely trending upwards.
Just needs a better shot and it seems like he doesn’t think he’ll get it in Toronto.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Leaf fan coming in peace…
Trade offer
Jarnkrok + Holmberg + Liljegren
For
Marchenko + Voronkov

Thoughts…

Please feel free to counter offer.

Cheers
Not too ideally trade for us. I understand you need Marchenko (btw, he feels better on left side) and Voronkov (a very good center) but Columbus does not need your players.

Robertson to the 3rd line... why not? But we don't know yet what we can get for Laine if Patrik is traded.

Last edited:

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
... The arbitration is scheduled for July 31, and I am ready for the court procedure. If it comes to arbitration, I can allow a trade," Marchenko said. - But we will think about the situation, because there are still about 10 days. Then it will be seen how the arbitration will take place, what words will be said to each other...

• Wow
Reactions: domi28

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
Not too ideally trade for us. I understand you need Marchenko (btw, he feels better on left side) and Voronkov (a very good center) but Columbus does not need your players.

Robertson to the 3rd line... why not? But we don't know yet what we can get for Laine if Patrik is traded.
What would it take to acquire the two of them or each individually?

Thanks in advance.

They tried, and literally no one bit on it over there.
I like getting feedback from different fan bases. 😁
Try to inform myself.
I clearly don’t watch Columbus as much as I’d watch the Leafs so it’s nice to get varying opinions.

Cheers

Reactions: Xoggz22

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

Thanks in advance.
It'd have been tremendously easier to do so before Waddell came in and cleaned house. Right now I don't really see a path to do so. We've got the prospects we need; we're just trying to develop our guys, so lateral moves do more harm than good.

We could use an experienced shutdown second-pairing-or-higher blueliner, ideally on the left side (mostly because Provorov's tenure here is expected to be temporary), but I don't think Toronto has one of those that would suit - certainly not in a trade for one of those two.

Reactions: CannonFire1

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
Matthew Knies. 😉 But he is untouchable.
knies was my first thought, but then i realized that:
  1. his most common 5v5 linemates last year were matthews and marner
  2. despite that, marchenko and voronkov are both more productive than knies lol
  3. voronkov is bigger/meaner than knies and plays center
in other words, the cost to acquire either of them is "a lot" and the leafs simply do not have the assets.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
knies was my first thought, but then i realized that:
  1. his most common 5v5 linemates last year were matthews and marner
  2. despite that, marchenko and voronkov are both more productive than knies lol
  3. voronkov is bigger/meaner than knies and plays center
in other words, the cost to acquire either of them is "a lot" and the leafs simply do not have the assets.
But at least someone to write (but I like Knies more than Marchenko, he is a power forward and I love similar players) 😎, although you are right, Toronto really does not have any assets.

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
But at least someone to write (but I like Knies more than Marchenko, he is a power forward and I love similar players) 😎, although you are right, Toronto really does not have any assets.
trading marchenko for knies would be a huge scoring downgrade to add a power forward to a group that doesn't really need one (voronkov, fantilli, eventually lindstrom).

trading voronkov for knies would be swapping a power forward who can play center for one who can't.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
trading marchenko for knies would be a huge scoring downgrade to add a power forward to a group that doesn't really need one (voronkov, fantilli, eventually lindstrom).

trading voronkov for knies would be swapping a power forward who can play center for one who can't.
I like Olivier more than McDavid but understand who is really better, who would help our team more. 😎

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad