Offseason Roster Moves, Rumors, and Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Jackets women with orange cats unite!

(mine is named Travis)
Beautiful name. 👍🏻

Mine is named Riško.

(from the word ryšavý - sorrel-top... , simply find right translate). The name Riško or Richard is similar. 🐱
Screenshot_20240718-014614.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Viqsi

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
To get this thread back on track what would you think about trading for McGroarty? I'm too lazy to check back for previous discussion but today's article in The Athletic Potential trade destinations for Jets' Rutger McGroarty, Predators' Yaroslav Askarov got me thinking.

How about KJ for him even up? I don't hold the same expectations for KJ as many do but McG would bring grit,talent and leadership to the team.

Or how about KJ and a prospect/pick + whatever to get Askarov?

Both targets seem to me to improve the future of the Jackets.

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
To get this thread back on track what would you think about trading for McGroarty? I'm too lazy to check back for previous discussion but today's article in The Athletic Potential trade destinations for Jets' Rutger McGroarty, Predators' Yaroslav Askarov got me thinking.

How about KJ for him even up? I don't hold the same expectations for KJ as many do but McG would bring grit,talent and leadership to the team.

I think I'd rather keep KJ. We know what we have for him and I don't want someone who is DEMANDING NHL time. We saw what happened when we told Jiricek he was an NHLer and had to be sent down. Imagine guaranteeing him a spot and then telling him he has to go play in Cleveland after he forced his way out of Winnipeg because he didn't wanna play in the AHL.

Aaaarrgghh

Jul 17, 2022

If you trade Johnson+ for either of those players, I personally don't think you're improving the future of the CBJ. Concerning McGroarty, I seem to remember Brindley being better than him at the WJC. I wonder if he isn't getting overrated, but don't really know. Regarding Askarov, it just seems that goalies are tougher to project. Purely from stat-watching (with all the pitfalls that entails, of course), his numbers don't seem a lot more impressive than Ivanov or Greaves. Based on reputation, though, I'd love it if Columbus traded for him, but not for Johnson. Sillinger or Dumais (though I'm rotting a lot for him) as a base, sure. But I don't expect Nashville to be that interested in them.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
If someone is forcing the play not by playing, but by pressuring the team, that's the last player the other team needs. That's why I think we should stay as far away from McGroarty as possible.

Askarov would be great, you could even find a package for him, the problem is Merzlikins contract.

Reactions: LJ7

Aaaarrgghh

Jul 17, 2022
If someone is forcing the play not by playing, but by pressuring the team, that's the last player the other team needs. That's why I think we should stay as far away from McGroarty as possible.

Askarov would be great, you could even find a package for him, the problem is Merzlikins contract.
Agreed on McGroarty. If they did acquire Askarov, I'd expect Tarasov to be on his way out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad