Offseason Roster Moves, Rumors, and Discussion

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Didn't Johnson shit on the team in an interview after he landed in Pittsburgh?
OK so CBJW and I both posted responses to this. Then we deleted them because we thought they were wrong. I said the comments were about winning culture. He said the comments were from then-GM Jim Rutherford.

Turns out, both were right.

"Johnson said he was excited to join the Penguins and finally be part of "a winning culture," which was pretty clearly a shot at the Blue Jackets."

“I don’t think he had a bad year,” Rutherford said at the time. “He was a healthy scratch at the end of the season. I know the reason why. It wasn’t because of how he was playing.”

Ice9

Jun 25, 2016
In the woods
Is Waddel even trying to sign a defenseman? Not point getting rid of Boqvist and Bean if he’s not going to replace them.
Trades are still a thing in the NHL last I checked.
My guess is you may get a better player(s) using that avenue...I dont think the guys a boob because he hasn't let us know his plans...

Reactions: Xoggz22

pscbj80

Aug 1, 2020
Is Waddel even trying to sign a defenseman? Not point getting rid of Boqvist and Bean if he’s not going to replace them.
If this is in reference to Schmidt, he took less to go compete for a cup. Honestly, most of the defensemen on the board signed with a contender or a team that will be contending, neither of which Columbus is this next season. I would have liked to go out and get a d-man in free agency but it takes two to tango. Still trades that can happen. I am still find with losing Bean and Boqvist.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
I get the frustration but no chance Bean was going to be retained above $3MM for his QO. He got a fair deal from Calgary and essentially went back home. Boqvist... below average for 20 games, decent for 20 games, hurt for 40 games... Not a fit when you have to inject someone in the lineup on a regular basis for him. Unfortunate because I actually liked him. I thought Bean was an OK 3rd pair guy but not for what they would have to pay to retain him.

There are teams against the CAP and players tha twill need traded to make room for others. CBJ was never expected to be that active in the UFA market. I'm still surprised they went for Monahan.

Reactions: CBJx614

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I am still find with losing Bean and Boqvist.

The gap between Bean/Boqvist and say, Jake Christiansen, is negligible, or possibly even reversed in my opinion. I want better but I'm very okay with losing Bean and Boqvist either way.

I wanted Schmidt as well, but it looks like Mateychuk and Jiricek might be the replacements.

Nothing like two rookie D to fix a D core!

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
The gap between Bean/Boqvist and say, Jake Christiansen, is negligible, or possibly even reversed in my opinion. I want better but I'm very okay with losing Bean and Boqvist either way.

And a offensive minded center to lead the way

Heading into UFA and off-season like

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio

Jiricek did have several games with us last year. But yeah, I feel that.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Well, I mean...

The opposite is a veteran 37 year old D to fix D core!

So this worked out? :D

Ah well, veteran depth isn't bad I suppose. Easy to bury. (No, Johansen2Foligno, don't make the joke, please... :laugh:)
:D
:laugh:
:biglaugh:
:cry:
aargh4.gif

• Haha
Reactions: MAHJ71

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I want veterans with leadership...I dont want veterans with leadership.

I want the team to make moves...I dont want the team to make moves.

People are beginning to sound like Spaulding Smails from "Caddyshack"...
I will only tolerate moves that are exactly in keeping with my singular perfect vision in every detail. Everything else is COMPLETELY WRONG HOW DARE YOU.

Also, maple syrup goes on the table before pancakes.

• Love
Reactions: aRussian

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Look, I’m going to come in here and say this because it has occurred to me to at least think it or think that someone might think it so here goes because I’m not saying I believe it but that it is a thing that could be thought…

And that is that when your first two UFA signings are a guy whose buddy moved here a couple years ago and a guy who still lives here, that kind seems like an old boys’ country club situation.

• Haha
Reactions: ThirdPeriodTurtle

Youngguns80

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
Look, I’m going to come in here and say this because it has occurred to me to at least think it or think that someone might think it so here goes because I’m not saying I believe it but that it is a thing that could be thought…

And that is that when your first two UFA signings are a guy whose buddy moved here a couple years ago and a guy who still lives here, that kind seems like an old boys’ country club situation.

:nod::clap:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

I'm not worried about it with these two players. I don't think they have it in them to be lazy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad