Offseason Roster Moves, Rumors, and Discussion

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

5th Line Fanatic

Oct 2, 2020
What incentive do they have to move him? How we feel about Boone is how they feel about Brady, and he just extended long term.
I have no idea what Ottawa thinks about Brady Tkachuck or what is going on behind the scenes. I just know that he'd be a Hell of an asset here.

Last edited:

KCbus

Someday, we’ll have an NHL team.
Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
I disagree with letting Nylander go. He came onto a bad team at the end of the season and immediately thrived. He looked like a rare exception as a guy who could actually succeed in this locale.

But it's not a hill to die on. Hard to bring in good players if you're clinging to mediocrity. Let's be real: None of these guys are All-Stars.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I disagree with letting Nylander go. He came onto a bad team at the end of the season and immediately thrived. He looked like a rare exception as a guy who could actually succeed in this locale.

But it's not a hill to die on. Hard to bring in good players if you're clinging to mediocrity. Let's be real: None of these guys are All-Stars.
He got minutes that our injured guys will take back while healthy, he was a 35 to maybe 40 point guy with them and offers nothing to the bottom 6. I think this was the easiest choice he had

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
I'm not going to pretend Bean and Nylander make sense to keep, I think personally I would have kept Alex but whatever I can accept and see moving on from them.

That said, if Waddell isn't going to make big moves in FA, how is he fixing the defense? I'm reading people saying he's going to buyout Boqvist and trade one of Olivier/Danforth?

These are all bold moves but I'm not exactly sure the direction he's going in to replace them either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad