Offseason Roster Moves, Rumors and Discussion

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
As someone who is a major Dickinson fan, the thought of trading down, getting an extra 1st, a good roster player, and a reasonable spot for Dickinson? I'm definitely down for it.
It would be just a masterclass by Waddell to trade down AND get Dickinson. I doubt he's there at 12 however. He'll be a stud.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Write it down...Lindstrom is the pick and the back is no issue. He's the only player like that in the draft. Size, skating, skill, snarl and a center. Fantilli and Lindstrom for a decade... in spades yes please

Reactions: GoJackets1

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Once again, you don't have anywhere near the information that the massive multi-million dollar organizations have. If there was a serious concern about his injury he would be sinking like a stone in the rankings.

You're welcome to your opinion, but it's obvious the Columbus feels differently.
Yeah, that is my somewhat educated opinion about these kinds of injuries. :)

Risk is there for sure, no doctor in the world will guarantee it won't be a problem in the future.

Anyways, here is my personal top 12. Not much difference for me after Demidov, from #3-12. I'd not be surprised Catton is there at 10-12 and he ends up a top 3 player in that whole draft.

1. Celebrini
2. Demidov
3. Dickinson
4. Buium
5. Levshunov
6. Iginla
7. Connolly
8. Yakemchuk
9. Sennecke
10. Eiserman

HM: Parekh, Catton

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Yeah, that is my somewhat educated opinion about these kinds of injuries. :)

Risk is there for sure, no doctor in the world will guarantee it won't be a problem in the future.
I remember when I was convinced Taylor Hall was going to be a massive bust because he'd get himself concussed out of the game in short order.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I would do this easily if roster player was Farabee
I wouldn't. I don't think we could adequately get what we'd need with the Colorado 2025 1st plus another one of the wingers available. At least, not enough to justify losing the #4 overall. Farabee feels to me like a luxury add rather than someone to target for his own sake.

Reactions: Aaaarrgghh

GoJackets1

Someday.
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
This trade in my mind would be dependent on how Waddell views where the team should be next year. If he thinks they can/will be close to the playoffs with better coaching and a couple additions, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a trade like this made, using the extra pieces to acquire further veteran help.

If the Flyers do up the offer (Briere often seems a bit desperate to shake things up), I would lean towards taking it as long as the roster player is of some level of interest and Demidov is off the board. We could grab Helenius and move the 2025 1st in a package for a roster upgrade. Or keep the Flyers pick if it’s unprotected. I expect them to be worse next year.

Of course, I’m also extremely happy to stand pat and grab one of Demidov/Lindstrom.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I’d do Sillinger and Laine for him.
Sillinger and Laine for a winger who never played in the NHL, nobody knows how he can play and wants to be in the roster in the next season that's why he wants a trade from Winnipeg. But he is a friend with Fantilli and Brindley.

I think it is enough a strange idea.

Btw, I can't imagine Laine and Scheifele in one team again, so I think Laine's return to Winnipeg won't be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad