Confirmed Trade: [TBL/CAR] Jake Guentzel for 2025 3rd round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
and yet they’re letting a great player who they moved significant assets for walk because they don’t want to pay him what he deserves

So yeah, cheap

He apparently asked 8x8 and Carolina agreed to pay him 8x8. The fact that he saw what other teams were apparently going to offer and changed his mind shouldn't fall on Carolina.

Reactions: Tryamw and SnS

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
JBB likes doing things that become trends...a 3rd is the highest anyone has paid for rights, I wonder if one day someone will trade a 1st for negotiating rights.

IMO, Tampa's window is closing. JBB seems desperate to be no. 1 in Florida.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
He apparently asked 8x8 and Carolina agreed to pay him 8x8. The fact that he saw what other teams were apparently going to offer and changed his mind shouldn't fall on Carolina.

Carolina only agreed to pay him 8x8 at the last minute, which is why Guentzel decided to test UFA anyway.

Had they not been offering him a contract in the 7s up until that point, Guentzel may have signed there.

volcom92886

Feb 23, 2009
So Cal
What's the logic in this? Didnt the rule change a few seasons ago, that teams can contact free agents prior to July 1st?

The Management

Jun 8, 2009
I'll reserve judgment until I see what else Carolina does in free agency, but I thought he was a great fit there.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Why no agreement on the deal? No way Tampa would do this and not already know he is 100% signing.

Or would they?

newsportsfan123

Dec 16, 2019
and yet they’re letting a great player who they moved significant assets for walk because they don’t want to pay him what he deserves

So yeah, cheap
“Significant assets” they just replaced the prospects they gave up on in that trade in this draft alone. lol

Also, Bunting was not a good fit in Carolina. Seems good in Pittsburgh though? I think his defensive game was lacking.

Reactions: SnS

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014
I don't see any reason for him to sign less than 24 hours from July 1.
Can sign for 8 years (if signed by the team that had him on the TDL) and if he got to go to his preferred location. That would entice to lock it a day early.

DeVols

#VFL
Jan 31, 2008
Knoxville, TN
You can agree or disagree with Carolina’s strategy in terms of cap management, but they stick to it and I respect that. Good on them for getting what asset they could once they realized they would not come to an agreement. Good move for Tampa, too, assuming they come to an agreement.

Reactions: SnS

GordonGraham

Sep 12, 2009
TB and him already had talks for sure why waste a draft pick unless you have absolutely no trust in the player keeping his word, and if thats the case why do you even want him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad