Offseason Roster Moves, Rumors and Discussion

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Now wait a minute…next years first too?

…idk Don I think I might do that depending on the roster player

I wouldn’t do it. They’ll be picking in the 8-14 range, it’s not like it’ll be a super high value pick next year. Also don’t think there’s an adequate roster player on the Flyers that I’d consider moving #4 for.

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
Waddell should have said yes. Difference between #2-12 OA in this draft is minimal IMO.

It drops after that, however.
Can't agree, Demidov and Lindstrom are a cut above the rest. Also they could've have offered a cap dump as the roster player. Who that roster player is, is extremely important. If it was Cam, that's a hard no and not worth it.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Can't agree, Demidov and Lindstrom are a cut above the rest. Also there's they could've have offered a cap dump as the roster player. Who that roster player is, is extremely important. If it was Cam, that's a hard no and not worth it.
Demidov maybe, not Lindstrom... Especially with the herniated disc risks.

I don't see much difference between #4 (Lindstrom, Buium, Silayev) and #12 (Catton, Yakemchuk, Parekh, etc) personally.

If you get another 1st + decent player... That trade down is a big win since you stay basically in the same draft tier.

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
I agree for Demidov. Not Lindstrom.
That's fine and dandy, but NHL scouts who get paid to do that for a living think otherwise. Guys who get to talk to the kids, their coaches, their trainers, their doctors and everyone around them think Lindstrom is fine.

You're also missing the point that Demidov and Lindstrom are the only guys(outside of maybe Sennecke) who are centers or have the ability to play center in that range. If Philly wants a center, those defenseman don't interest them in the slightest.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
That's fine and dandy, but NHL scouts who get paid to do that for a living think otherwise. Guys who get to talk to the kids, their coaches, their trainers, their doctors and everyone around them think Lindstrom is fine.
Good for them. I'd not draft him in the top 10 because of it personally, too risky.

Wish the kid the best, but he's not head and shoulders above guys like Buium, Dickinson, Iginla for me in such a way I'd lean towards him when we know he had that injury.

There is a lot of very good players in that #2-12 range, and most don't have that kind of injury risk.

Hopefully he has a great career!

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
Good for them. I'd not draft him in the top 10 because of it personally, too risky.

Wish the kid the best, but he's not head and shoulders above guys like Buium, Dickinson, Iginla for me in such a way I'd lean towards him when we know he had that injury.

There is a lot of very good players in that #2-12 range, and most don't have that kind of injury risk.

Hopefully he has a great career!
Once again, you don't have anywhere near the information that the massive multi-million dollar organizations have. If there was a serious concern about his injury he would be sinking like a stone in the rankings.

You're welcome to your opinion, but it's obvious the Columbus feels differently.

Reactions: Michoulicious

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad