Offseason Roster Moves, Rumors, and Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Now wait a minute…next years first too?

…idk Don I think I might do that depending on the roster player

I wouldn’t do it. They’ll be picking in the 8-14 range, it’s not like it’ll be a super high value pick next year. Also don’t think there’s an adequate roster player on the Flyers that I’d consider moving #4 for.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Now wait a minute…next years first too?

…idk Don I think I might do that depending on the roster player
Yeah, that Philly roster is not good. There's some potential that pick would end up a high one. Torts did his miracles for their defense, but there's no telling how long he can keep that up.

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
Waddell should have said yes. Difference between #2-12 OA in this draft is minimal IMO.

It drops after that, however.
Can't agree, Demidov and Lindstrom are a cut above the rest. Also they could've have offered a cap dump as the roster player. Who that roster player is, is extremely important. If it was Cam, that's a hard no and not worth it.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Can't agree, Demidov and Lindstrom are a cut above the rest. Also there's they could've have offered a cap dump as the roster player. Who that roster player is, is extremely important. If it was Cam, that's a hard no and not worth it.
Demidov maybe, not Lindstrom... Especially with the herniated disc risks.

I don't see much difference between #4 (Lindstrom, Buium, Silayev) and #12 (Catton, Yakemchuk, Parekh, etc) personally.

If you get another 1st + decent player... That trade down is a big win since you stay basically in the same draft tier.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
The fact that Philly is willing to move so much says otherwise
They might really like a player more than another.

I personally think there is a big tier of similar upside kind of prospects between #2-3 (if you exclude Demidov) and #12.

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
I agree for Demidov. Not Lindstrom.
That's fine and dandy, but NHL scouts who get paid to do that for a living think otherwise. Guys who get to talk to the kids, their coaches, their trainers, their doctors and everyone around them think Lindstrom is fine.

You're also missing the point that Demidov and Lindstrom are the only guys(outside of maybe Sennecke) who are centers or have the ability to play center in that range. If Philly wants a center, those defenseman don't interest them in the slightest.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
That's fine and dandy, but NHL scouts who get paid to do that for a living think otherwise. Guys who get to talk to the kids, their coaches, their trainers, their doctors and everyone around them think Lindstrom is fine.
Good for them. I'd not draft him in the top 10 because of it personally, too risky.

Wish the kid the best, but he's not head and shoulders above guys like Buium, Dickinson, Iginla for me in such a way I'd lean towards him when we know he had that injury.

There is a lot of very good players in that #2-12 range, and most don't have that kind of injury risk.

Hopefully he has a great career!

ClevelandJacketFan

Awesome Mascots!
Nov 1, 2007
...Really?
As someone who is a major Dickinson fan, the thought of trading down, getting an extra 1st, a good roster player, and a reasonable spot for Dickinson? I'm definitely down for it.

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
Good for them. I'd not draft him in the top 10 because of it personally, too risky.

Wish the kid the best, but he's not head and shoulders above guys like Buium, Dickinson, Iginla for me in such a way I'd lean towards him when we know he had that injury.

There is a lot of very good players in that #2-12 range, and most don't have that kind of injury risk.

Hopefully he has a great career!
Once again, you don't have anywhere near the information that the massive multi-million dollar organizations have. If there was a serious concern about his injury he would be sinking like a stone in the rankings.

You're welcome to your opinion, but it's obvious the Columbus feels differently.

Reactions: Michoulicious
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad