Speculation: Offseason Moves Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Sharks give up a first rounder and an unsigned prospect for Jones. This offseason makes no sense.

TROLLCHUK

Jul 1, 2006
The best part, and I mean the best part of this deal is that the Rags DID NOT get a 1st for Talbot (the chosen one).

HAHAHHA

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
Any interest in Gibson? What would it take to get this kid?

I'd have to think the price has dropped slightly over the past two seasons, and I could imagine he wants out of Anaheim too.

TROLLCHUK

Jul 1, 2006
Any interest in Gibson? What would it take to get this kid?

I'd have to think the price has dropped slightly over the past two seasons, and I could imagine he wants out of Anaheim too.

Well if Jones yielded a 1st rounder and a forward, I would think Gibson would cost more.

I'll pass.

Islanders1932

Jul 16, 2006
Long Island
Semin in Brooklyn with the large Russian crowd would be a huge boost to attendance in that area. Not only that, but he would be a nice fit on JTs line.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
This is just the twisting of the dagger. Losing out on Barzal was the initial, deep penetration wound.

Fantasy 2016 Draft
Arizona has the Rags first round pick in the Yandle trade
Just before Arizona is about to select
There is a split screen of Garth on the phone with Don Maloney
Gary Bettman walks up to the podium. "We have a trade to announce, pick (whatever it is) previously acquired by the Arizona Coyotes from the New York Rangers is traded to the New York Islanders who are now on the clock."

Get the Rags pick for the third consecutive draft,:laugh::handclap::D
Doesn't hurt to dream a little.

Islanders1932

Jul 16, 2006
Long Island
Isles need a guy that plays defense and doesn't float on that line... Doubtful there's much of an uptick in attendance/awareness b/c in that community bc of Semin.

idk I think the Isles lost the playoff series because they didn't have guys who were putting the puck in the back of the net. Washington only scored more than 2 goals in 2 of the games. We held them to 1 or less 3 times and they won 2 games when they scored only 2 goals. Our offensive fire power just wasn't strong enough in the playoffs.

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site
idk I think the Isles lost the playoff series because they didn't have guys who were putting the puck in the back of the net. Washington only scored more than 2 goals in 2 of the games. We held them to 1 or less 3 times and they won 2 games when they scored only 2 goals. Our offensive fire power just wasn't strong enough in the playoffs.

Bc the Isles relied on rookies or 2nd year players most of the season to score, those guys faded in the playoffs. Moreover, losing Viz killed the Isles transition game in the playoffs - as it did in the regular season each time he went down.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Dougie gets 6 years, close to 6 mil per year, which is pretty close to what Boston offered. There might be more to this than what's been revealed already.

Costigan77

Oct 7, 2014
Manhasset, NY
Dougie gets 6 years, close to 6 mil per year, which is pretty close to what Boston offered. There might be more to this than what's been revealed already.

Boston offered 5 per and he wanted 6 per for more years. Calgary basically split the difference. Boston is "leaking" that no one liked him. He made a great move because Boston is going to blow it up and be bottom feeders for a few years. Calgary is on the rise.

Amazing, everyone ripped Burke for the Kessel deal. While he will no longer be a leaf, he is much less of a disaster than trading Seguin and Hamilton for basically nothing

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Boston offered 5 per and he wanted 6 per for more years. Calgary basically split the difference. Boston is "leaking" that no one liked him. He made a great move because Boston is going to blow it up and be bottom feeders for a few years. Calgary is on the rise.

Amazing, everyone ripped Burke for the Kessel deal. While he will no longer be a leaf, he is much less of a disaster than trading Seguin and Hamilton for basically nothing

I forgot who said this but apparently Boston's last offer was 5.5 mil per year.

In other news, Stafford is sticking with Winnipeg for two years, I think 4.3 mil per. Guys are gonna get paid.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Isles need a guy that plays defense and doesn't float on that line... Doubtful there's much of an uptick in attendance/awareness b/c in that community bc of Semin.

I take it you don't know much about Alex Semin's game other than him having a great wrister.

He's a great two-way forward when healthy. Think of the way Strome Plays defense (lots of intercepted passes, takeaways but also stick penalties).

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I forgot who said this but apparently Boston's last offer was 5.5 mil per year.

In other news, Stafford is sticking with Winnipeg for two years, I think 4.3 mil per. Guys are gonna get paid.

That's not over paid for staffers imo. I thinks fair. It's only 2 years.

BroadwayJay*

I take it you don't know much about Alex Semin's game other than him having a great wrister.

He's a great two-way forward when healthy. Think of the way Strome Plays defense (lots of intercepted passes, takeaways but also stick penalties).

If you look at Semin's highest corsi impact it appears to be shot suppression, so defense.

If I get some time, I'll do a deeper analysis. I love Semin and I think he'd be a GREAT addition at a sensible price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad