Speculation: Offseason coaching thread: Should they stay or should they go?

Coaches:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Isn't he already pretty much booked solid trying to keep his team afloat, anyway?
Yeah and wow, they are terrible. 83 points out of first place and about to get relegated to the Czech Republic's version of the AHL, lol. Kladno is awful.

Like sure we could get Jagr here by promising to pay him 7 million per, but for what? It's not like he's done a good job with Kladno, and it's not like superstars make good coaches.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
If you ever watched an ABC or ESPN Penguins game this season, you KNOW the person who voted for Sullivan was Sean McDonough. I would bet the farm on it. I am not a rural guy, though.

As far as Jagr goes, whatever he wants to do for this organization is fine by me. I applaud Dubas for trying to get him on board in any capacity.

As for the assistant coaching gig, I would LOVE to try to pry Paul Coffey away from Edm. His work with THAT D corps is inspiring. Plus, he could fix the PP. How do we pry him away, though?

Adam Oates and Bruce Boudreau are two others I would like to hire, though someone else (Vellucci?) would have to run the defense.

Like sure we could get Jagr here by promising to pay him 7 million per, but for what? It's not like he's done a good job with Kladno, and it's not like superstars make good coaches.
Paul Coffey is the exception to the rule, but so was Larry Robinson.

Reactions: wizmet12

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
If you ever watched an ABC or ESPN Penguins game this season, you KNOW the person who voted for Sullivan was Sean McDonough. I would bet the farm on it. I am not a rural guy, though.

As far as Jagr goes, whatever he wants to do for this organization is fine by me. I applaud Dubas for trying to get him on board in any capacity.

As for the assistant coaching gig, I would LOVE to try to pry Paul Coffey away from Edm. His work with THAT D corps is inspiring. Plus, he could fix the PP. How do we pry him away, though?

Adam Oates and Bruce Boudreau are two others I would like to hire, though someone else (Vellucci?) would have to run the defense.

Paul Coffey is the exception to the rule, but so was Larry Robinson.
Coffey I would be down for especially because he understands how to setup a powerplay and when to let defensemen off the leash. Jagr has phenomenal physical gifts but he hasn't shown ever that he's a good leader or a strategic thinker. Even here where he's a national hero, most Czechs don't want him near the national team.

Like sure give him an allowance to be our ambassador to Central Europe or whatever. But don't let him coach, or worse, GM this team.

Reactions: Factorial

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I don't see how Jagr actually accomplishes anything outside of some fan warm and fuzzies.

Maybe he could teach the youngsters some good gym habits and gambling tips? I got nothing, here. Jagr doesn't really strike me as someone with a big old strategy brain or who analyzes anything in a particularly deep manner.

GilbertSeinfeld

Mar 4, 2024
I don't see how Jagr actually accomplishes anything outside of some fan warm and fuzzies.

Maybe he could teach the youngsters some good gym habits and gambling tips? I got nothing, here. Jagr doesn't really strike me as someone with a big old strategy brain or who analyzes anything in a particularly deep manner.
Jagr is going to teach the young'ins how to score some premium tail.

• Haha
Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Ah but that's a classic hallmark of a front!
I forgot to mention that the hookers went to use the restrooms there. :laugh: I saw a hooker smack a john with a stiletto heel to the face next to the bar the only time I went there. Shocking amount of blood, but the guy seemed okay.

Anyhow, they now turned it into the worst night club in the city so it's doing fine, but Jags sold it off before he could be making that sweet sweet post-Schengen profit.

• Haha
Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Are we seriously SERIOUSLY keeping Sullivan while all the other coaches get taken? I am tired of this scam artist coach. We are never making the playoffs again and these dumbasses will just do everything else BUT can this scam artist coach.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I kinda miss the old Prague, ngl. It's too clean and expensive these days.

Are we seriously SERIOUSLY keeping Sullivan while all the other coaches get taken? I am tired of this scam artist coach. We are never making the playoffs again.
Oh hell yes we are, and we're not going to consider any possible changes until he's on year 3 of his new deal! gEt ExCITed.!11!

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Are we seriously SERIOUSLY keeping Sullivan while all the other coaches get taken? I am tired of this scam artist coach. We are never making the playoffs again and these dumbasses will just do everything else BUT can this scam artist coach.
There hasn't been any question about Sullivan's status since Dubas held his end of year press conference. Anyone thinking he was going to be fired in the month plus since is delusional.

Reactions: Factorial

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
There hasn't been any question about Sullivan's status since Dubas held his end of year press conference. Anyone thinking he was going to be fired in the month plus since is delusional.
You yourself were fairly confident that the team's performance this year was going to start a HC coaching change, DP. Let's not cast stones here.

Reactions: Gurglesons

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
You yourself were fairly confident that the team's performance this year was going to start a HC coaching change, DP. Let's not cast stones here.
I wasn't confident. I thought the possibility was there, and that I'm not in favor of a change. But I said it was more likely Sullivan would get another year but have changes to his staff.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Didn't realize that was a real person until I first heard of it in Kingdom Come Deliverance on my PS4.
Are you not psyched about the announcement of KCD2 coming this fall (hopefully?)

Makes me want to finish KDC, never had the pc to run it back in initial release window.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Are you not psyched about the announcement of KCD2 coming this fall (hopefully?)

Makes me want to finish KDC, never had the pc to run it back in initial release window.
I didn't realize it was that close to release.
I wasn't confident. I thought the possibility was there, and that I'm not in favor of a change. But I said it was more likely Sullivan would get another year but have changes to his staff.
I gotta be honest. I don't understand what it would take for you to EVER be in favor of a change, if these last two seasons aren't it.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
I didn't realize it was that close to release.

I gotta be honest. I don't understand what it would take for you to EVER be in favor of a change, if these last two seasons aren't it.
That was actually a typo. It was supposed to say that I'm NOW in favor of a change.

My subconscious apparently disagrees.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad