OT: Official Sports Media Thread XI :Self-proclaimed ‘sports dork’ Michael Felger of The Sports Hub feels like he ‘will do this forever’

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
He’s a f***ing drama queen. He needs to be permanently off air. I hope he gets the help
He needs.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
In radio 'Morning Drive' is where the money is but it takes a toll.

It requires getting up at 3 AM and it destroys any semblance of a normal social life.

I wish Fred well

I did overnight shifts for years and until you live in a state of constantly chasing sleep/being tired with no end in sight, it’s hard to understand the toll it takes mentally, emotionally and physically.

I was lucky to be in my 20’s/early 30’s when I did this. Can’t imagine doing it in my late 40’s and beyond!

This isn’t just “being tired occasionally“ because you stayed up late for a game or event, or occasional insomnia.

It‘s a pervasive feeling of fatigue, angst, irritability and just plain feeling lousy.

It‘s a tough way to live.

Furio

you got a bee on your hat
Nov 20, 2018
Naples
He’s a f***ing drama queen. He needs to be permanently off air. I hope he gets the help
He needs.

Maybe he’s not a “f***ing drama queen,” but instead one of millions of people suffering from severe mental illness? And by the way, you’re insincere well wishes are so transparent.

If the situation is that dire maybe you should put posting online aside and get some help instead.

But it’s not that simple. When you are experiencing severe psych issues, you are incapable of thinking rationally… which is why he can’t just flip a switch, stop posting on social media, and get help. He’s not in a state of mind where he can simply “man up,” pull himself together, and seek treatment. That coldhearted, black and white way of thinking doesn’t work in this scenario. Obviously you have never been in such a situation.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Maybe he’s not a “f***ing drama queen,” but instead one of millions of people suffering from severe mental illness? And by the way, you’re insincere well wishes are so transparent.

But it’s not that simple. When you are experiencing severe psych issues, you are incapable of thinking rationally… which is why he can’t just flip a switch, stop posting on social media, and get help. He’s not in a state of mind where he can simply “man up,” pull himself together, and seek treatment. That coldhearted, black and white way of thinking doesn’t work in this scenario. Obviously you have never been in such a situation.
Well aren’t you the expert on three people you never met.

Your last sentence was hilarious by the way

Last edited:

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Exactly. How do we know this is a mental illness?

Unless being a self involved ego maniac who craves attention falls under the category
We don’t know, but I’ve seen loved ones spiral often enough to take the signs seriously.

Perhaps he’s an ego maniac. But perhaps it’s a cry for help. The live post he did on Instagram a couple of weeks back was a major red flag. Surprised they put him back on the air.

I don’t care for the guy professionally. I appreciate the talent, but I’d be glad if they moved on from him in terms of the show.

However, I wish him the best in his personal life.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I was 50/50 on whether all the drama going on with Fred over the last few months was a work or a shoot. Ratings are higher than ever so I wasn't ruling out that it was a work to drum up attention. But no stable individual would go as far as he did this weekend with some of those tweets about wanting to die. So it's pretty apparent that he's lost his marbles.

Should probably be placed in some kind of treatment program as soon as possible.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
We don’t know, but I’ve seen loved ones spiral often enough to take the signs seriously.

Perhaps he’s an ego maniac. But perhaps it’s a cry for help. The live post he did on Instagram a couple of weeks back was a major red flag. Surprised they put him back on the air.

I don’t care for the guy professionally. I appreciate the talent, but I’d be glad if they moved on from him in terms of the show.

I don’t know the guy. We all have our shit to deal with.

I guess I am judging him because I wouldn’t make it public.

But that’s on me.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

I didn't see his f***ing tweets and had I my reaction would have been much different.

The way he's been acting for quite some time now makes it real hard for people to know when he's serious and when he's just "Fred being Fred"

I've been pretty vocal in that Fred needs help and that he shouldn't be on air at all until whatever the hell has been going on is resolved.

He needs the help and it is time for everyone in his life from family, friends and his job to really draw the line this time.

Oh and I've been told that I should kill myself because no one likes me or will miss me a handful of times in the last 3 years so save your holier than thou crap.

He's been like this for so damn long it is real tough to find the line. Had I seen the tweets I would have had a much different reaction.

Last edited:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

@Donnie Shulzhoffer - Lobel gives background on why Channel 4 fired him in this interview

Joe Amorosino was able to get Terry Francona live on the field when the Sox won in 2007 and Lobie could not but explains that 7 was paying Francona all season for exclusive access.

WBZ 4 has had a gold mine with Sports Final on Sunday nights for decades but in the last year, they are getting crushed by WBTS 10's Sports Sunday which is hosted by Felger.

Reactions: Donnie Shulzhoffer

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Shertenlieb addressed Toucher’s absence during the third hour of Wednesday’s show. Here are his comments in full:

“As you know, Fred isn’t here today, he wasn’t here yesterday, and he most likely won’t be here tomorrow. And a question I’ve gotten a few times is, ‘Why aren’t you talking about Fred?’

“That is more than a fair question. It’s something that … you’ve been fans of the show for years and you’d like to know what’s going on. The best answer I can give you is that I unfortunately can’t talk about Fred because any statement that I make right now has to be approved through management.

“The last time he was out for an extended period, I gave an update and was gently asked for a lot of different reasons that any statement regarding him has to be approved by management. There have been statements that have been submitted, some have been approved, some haven’t been. It just turns into asking, ‘What can I say? What can I say?’

“Listen, no one wants to be in this position. Fred doesn’t want to be in this position, the station doesn’t want to be in this position, I certainly don’t want to be in this position, but as of now, all I’ve been approved to tell you, because you’re such great listeners and we love you, is that he’s not here today, I’m not sure exactly when he’ll be back, but I’ve been a friend of Fred’s for years and I hope the best for him.

“I don’t want to continue to talk about it because I think saying maybe even this gets me a meeting. But I just want you to know that we want the best for him. Hopefully everything will be back to normal soon. I don’t know how much more I can say. But, we’re rooting for you, Fred. If you’re listening, we’re rooting for you.”

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I guess the question is was Fred removed from the show because of the tweets over the weekend or did he make those tweets because we was told he was removed from the show?

Either way, dude is screwed up in the head and needs help. As well as Wallach and Ryan are doing filling in with Rich, it's not the same as when Fred is there and in good spirits.

FRyan4426

Feb 15, 2023
Kingston, MA
I guess the question is was Fred removed from the show because of the tweets over the weekend or did he make those tweets because we was told he was removed from the show?

Either way, dude is screwed up in the head and needs help. As well as Wallach and Ryan are doing filling in with Rich, it's not the same as when Fred is there and in good spirits.
It’s a terrible situation all around. Also very obvious the station is trying to distance themselves from Fred as much as possible. I really wonder what comes out of it because the show is absolutely terrible with Rich and Wallach.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Ya I think Glenn Ordway would have a pretty good idea. Zero to do with Bruins talk. Sports Hub doesn't do much Bruins talk either.

Ordway was, is, and always will be a shithead.

I hate that f***er and I hate eei. I literally haven't listened since the early aughts.

As for 98.5, when it first started they did, in fact, talk Bruins. Not the overriding factor in building their early success, but certainly one of them.

I haven't listened to that foolishness in over ten years. Felger is a professional asshole. So is Massarotti.

Like almost everyone in the sports radio sphere, they sold their souls for the dough & celebrity.

Complete garbage.

f*** that. And f*** them. And f*** the f***ing horse they f***ing rode in on.

Reactions: LSCII

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
IMG_5200.jpeg
IMG_5201.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad