OT: Official Sports Media Thread X: WEEI's owner is nearly broke

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Beasley would be stupid to not pay them after this.

Felger mentioned Sports Hub being a top 5 station in terms of ad revenue in the country. Why would you f*** with that if you're Beasley at this point.

Just beyond stupid.
I don’t know why they would mess with a cash cow, but clearly they don’t care and have already started their bullshit

I could see this being big enough for certain guys to move to another market.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Good for Felger and Mazz. They have their schtick but both are great off air and incredibly knowledgeable.
the question is how long will NBC Sports Boston simulcast TSH Middays and drive home (Bertrand & Zolak/Felger & Mazz) then double Felger on BST w/ Holley..... if NESN can dump at a moments notice Sportsdesk and After Hours instead of doubling a live and then taped version of Sox or Bruins in 2, and remember, Comcast has already shuttered both NBCSN and its Olympic Network in less than 2 years combined.... USA/CNBC AND Peacock isn't exactly well liked in the States from the many complaints since that streaming network debuted

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
You know things are bad when Mile Lynch and Bob Lobel think Belichick has lost the room.

Last edited:

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I watched the Off Air Show with Felger and Murray last night.

Felger said he was in a meeting and the bosses made it pretty clear: they need to either generate more revenue or spend less money.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I watched the Off Air Show with Felger and Murray last night.

Felger said he was in a meeting and the bosses made it pretty clear: they need to either generate more revenue or spend less money.
That is absolutely ridiculous. I'd love to see how they structure commission payouts.

They can save on costs without getting rid of 2 key members of the on air team.

Gross mismanagement at the top imo

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1667241901269.png

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
After a few years, I finally caught a good chunk of the "Spittin Chicklets" podcast about the Bruins hot start on YouTube. I was not impressed. Bissonette was needlessly, almost relentlessly, vulgar and thick-headed. The rest were better but not that informative. Biz also said about 90% seriously that Gryz was "on the juice."
I guess that kind of insider information and outspokenness has gained them their following but count me out. I may tolerate Biz one more time, to see if he has any insider information.

'

Last edited:

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Zolak & Bertrand are so boring and repetitive. People hate F & M but their show is actually somewhat entertaining.
Felger and Mazz are not entertaining.... Zolak and Bertrand is 10000 x better than Felger will ever be...... Mike go home to Wisconsin.... ASAP AND Bash the Bucks, thanks..... the idiotic "Green Team" line is tired and Felger gets paid by both Beasley and NBC Sports Boston... because they stuck him on BST

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Felger and Mazz are not entertaining.... Zolak and Bertrand is 10000 x better than Felger will ever be...... Mike go home to Wisconsin.... ASAP AND Bash the Bucks, thanks..... the idiotic "Green Team" line is tired and Felger gets paid by both Beasley and NBC Sports Boston... because they stuck him on BST
Zolak and Bertrand is like a perpetual earache. ...

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
I disagree 100%

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Zolak and Bertrand is like a perpetual earache. ...
at least Bertrand and Zolak are local.... Mazz has no clue what he's doing.... even when he claims to know baseball he cannot broadcast it....he should never have been hired as a broadcaster.... he's unlistenable as a broadcaster...

Felger's not even from New England.... WISCONSIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad