OFFICIAL PANIC THREAD - 2013/14 Season... now with 2014/15 Goodness!

Hammertyme

Jun 20, 2006
Gatineau/Ottawa
OPTIONS. Thats what the defense need in the o zone. Can't be forwards who do the same thing all the time. They must be able to read the forecheck and give the D some viable options. Philly did this well and in most cases got out of thier end. Crap, Schenn who is a plug(skating wise) was getting the puck out. Karlsson etc couldn't. NO friggin options except ring around the boards. This is the easiest option to cover. Philly always has a low forward as an option.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Someone needs to explain to me how we can be outnumbered both at the point of attack AND on defence simultaneously.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Someone needs to explain to me how we can be outnumbered both at the point of attack AND on defence simultaneously.

5141783913_Eva_Mendes_in_Cement_Boots_by_hemper999_answer_6_xlarge.jpeg

Cement boots.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Watch enough other teams play and you'll see shifts where every player is moving their feet.

For Ottawa, it happens so rarely and never for long periods of time.

Most nights, it's one line that is doing it, and one line only.

There is nothing desperate about the way Ottawa is playing. #lazysens

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
He has under 50 games of NHL experience and has shown promise. I don't see why we shouldn't hang on to him.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
These are the guys you'd keep ? MacArthur (love what he's presently bringing but there is a reason he's on his forth team at 28 years old ), and Condra ?

They're the guys I'd keep in addition to the guys Xspyrit named. Condra + MacArthur are excellent utility players.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Sens lost a rookie tournie game! Is this the beginning of the end? Murray dropped the ball, the player have tuned out Maclean. The return for Spezza crippled the team, Phillips sucks. Greening's contract is destroying the franchise. Melnyk is cheap.

:scared::scared::scared::scared:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Sens lost a rookie tournie game! Is this the beginning of the end? Murray dropped the ball, the player have tuned out Maclean. The return for Spezza crippled the team, Phillips sucks. Greening's contract is destroying the franchise. Melnyk is cheap.

:scared::scared::scared::scared:
has it really been 10 months since we last panicked?

Midas0

Only the best Scouts
Dec 12, 2009
Peterborough, ON
Definitely panic. Driedger played like crap. The dude can't even hug the post let alone control his rebounds. PK looked like crap. How about we draft some competent defencemen once in a while? Overall the organization took a step back with todays play. I'm not sure we can recover after this Leafs G-7-esque collapse. Oh well, there's always next year, I guess.

lol

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
After that game, Ryan will most definitely choose to not resign with us.

Oh well, at least it was fun having him for a while. Have fun in Philly Ryan. :cry:

harvey

Jun 5, 2006
Ottawa
It is soooooo easy to criticise and be negative, i see this year as a turning point and will cheer on our young guys instead of nailing them to the wall

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
It is time to go into a full rebuild.

Trade MacArthur, Ryan, Anderson, Phillips, Methot and Michalek.

Restart from the ground up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad