Seravalli: Official JT Miller Trade Thread - NEW Update (1/25/22) - Rangers Interest "Next Level"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
i think its great... canucks have rarely been good with asset management. JT is at peak value right now and will be unaffordable in a year and a half, and a bit old for this core. Build around the 26&under set. Must get a big mobile RHD though ...and a 1st

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
I’d like to see him go to Colorado… will keep them away from Stastny in the offseason so the Jets can re-sign him….lol

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
It looks like there’s certainly a bidding war going on, I can’t blame teams, it’s not every day at top 20 Top line player, Who plays three positions, costs only 5 million for 1.5 years, And can win face-offs like nobody’s business.

This is not a rental, should get a huge haul.

CanuckCity

Aug 23, 2012
Budapest
Gonna repost this now that there's a megathread re the ask being too high:

Why wouldn't we ask/expect a return like that though? We're not desperate to move him and still have a realistic chance at the playoffs. Moving him now basically means giving up on the season. Can always wait till July to see his contract expectations and move him in the summer or next deadline.

It seems people still look at him as the NYR/TB Miller with some of these offers. We're talking about a 3yr PPG player, who is 20th in league scoring and plays C/W PP/PK and is 53% of FO.

The real value is that you can have all that for 2 playoffs at potentially $2.6M

Like there aren't even any comparables because this type of player at that salary is almost never available. The closest would be Duchene but he cost 2.5x more and put up half the points at the time.

I'm sure nucks fans sound like a broken record repeating this but it seems to be completely ignored with these proposals.

Also a late 1st is a sweetener, absolutely not the main or co-main piece. We want to be competing in 2 yrs and the assets we get need to reflect that timeline.

/rant

Dr Amazing

Oct 5, 2017
JT Miller would be a good fit in Colorado can get a deal done for sure idk about Winnipeg he would be a good add for the Jets but i don't think he would go there

Nuckler

May 7, 2013
Wonder is the King's might be a dark horse here, lots of pieces to get it done. Something around akil Thomas, Faber and a first

Reactions: Canucks LB

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
He'll bring two pieces
1st and a Prospect, im guessing they target any sort of right shot blue chip prospect.

maybe a 3rd piece in some sort of draft pick swap in the later rounds

I hope whatever the prospect is, that he doesnt come from the CHL. If vancouver's CHL scouts like the prospect, he probably sucks.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Which teams have a ton of young pieces that are a contender?

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Don’t think we want another guy who will be unhappy and leave when opportunity comes

He is from Ohio, grew up in Pittsburgh, so I can’t imagine he wouldn’t be interested in signing. But given Columbus’ position in the standings, would they even be interested?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad