OT: Official HF Bruins Board Pet Thread

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Sadly we had to put our beautiful boy, Rufus, down Wednesday😔😔😔, at 15+YO. His hips were so bad after years of dealing with them on a slow decline. This past June, he went over the proverbial cliff and could no longer walk w/o collapsing. We spent a month using a belly strap and finally the nightly incidents in the house gave us cause to be loving parents and end his suffering and obvious embarrassment.
We will miss him greatly. So easy to be around in every way. He was a Newfoundland/Doodle mix.
View attachment 898959

Love your pet today and tomorrow
I am so sorry, he is beautiful. It is always very hard to lose our pets, my heart goes out to you.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Here's a picture of a happy dog.

Happy Monday

20240803_205020.jpg

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Well, 3 weeks after we had to put Max down, my wife decided that we needed another dog. Today she came home with Gracie. She’s a 4 month old rescue. Malinois/Lab mix. She’s all legs, ears and tail right now but should fill out to a decent size. Really good temperament, good with other dogs, people, and the cat. The cat on the other hand, is not amused and is already hard at work establishing who is boss….They’ll figure it out.

Attachments

• IMG_9484.jpeg
    IMG_9484.jpeg
    279.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Well, 3 weeks after we had to put Max down, my wife decided that we needed another dog. Today she came home with Gracie. She’s a 4 month old rescue. Malinois/Lab mix. She’s all legs, ears and tail right now but should fill out to a decent size. Really good temperament, good with other dogs, people and the cat. The cat on the other hand, is not amused and is already hard at work establishing who is boss….They’ll figure it out.
OMG
She is adorable. Love the color and those feet!!! If she grows into them, she won't be small!

Please post more as she grows.

Congrats! She is beautiful! I am happy for you. I am glad you did not wait too long to get a new pup!

Reactions: caz16 and Bruinaura

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Well, 3 weeks after we had to put Max down, my wife decided that we needed another dog. Today she came home with Gracie. She’s a 4 month old rescue. Malinois/Lab mix. She’s all legs, ears and tail right now but should fill out to a decent size. Really good temperament, good with other dogs, people and the cat. The cat on the other hand, is not amused and is already hard at work establishing who is boss….They’ll figure it out.
Very cute! Bet she is smart too

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
Sadly we had to put our beautiful boy, Rufus, down Wednesday😔😔😔, at 15+YO. His hips were so bad after years of dealing with them on a slow decline. This past June, he went over the proverbial cliff and could no longer walk w/o collapsing. We spent a month using a belly strap and finally the nightly incidents in the house gave us cause to be loving parents and end his suffering and obvious embarrassment.
We will miss him greatly. So easy to be around in every way. He was a Newfoundland/Doodle mix.
View attachment 898959

Angel Day Blessings Rufus.... you are loved...

• Love
Reactions: Mad-Marcus

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
The human said today was "get a bath" day. I was planning on driving. I even got in position standing on the human's shoulder. The human said if she let me do that, we probably would end up having a nice talk with one of the guys who drive the cars with the woo-woo lights on them. So instead I made her get my crate and put it in the car with my nice comfy bed. She is no fun.

At least the groomer people love me. I mean seriously, look at this face. They totally did my bidding (hold me in your arms while you wash my face, thank you very much!). And they even sell fancy treats that my human ignored but I will guilt her into buying next time.

Hattie

20240810_171009.jpg

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
The human said today was "get a bath" day. I was planning on driving. I even got in position standing on the human's shoulder. The human said if she let me do that, we probably would end up having a nice talk with one of the guys who drive the cars with the woo-woo lights on them. So instead I made her get my crate and put it in the car with my nice comfy bed. She is no fun.

At least the groomer people love me. I mean seriously, look at this face. They totally did my bidding (hold me in your arms while you wash my face, thank you very much!). And they even sell fancy treats that my human ignored but I will guilt her into buying next time.

Hattie

View attachment 900197
So……I assume she not going anywhere?? 😁

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
View attachment 898959

Sorry to hear about your dog. Sounds like he lived an amazing and long life.

Saying goodbye to dogs is one of the hardest things to do

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Well since we adore our Bernese Mountain Dog, (she is the 2d we have had) wife says let's contact the breeder and get another one before we move.........

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Sorry to hear about your dog. Sounds like he lived an amazing and long life.

Saying goodbye to dogs is one of the hardest things to do
The sentiment is appreciated. Still dealing with how empty the house is when the wife is at work and it's just me.

My 75-pounder constantly wedges himself under the end table at my feet.View attachment 901709
Dogs are so funny about shoehorning themselves into weird places. They don't seem to get claustrophobic. In fact, I sense it makes them feel more secure.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Came home last night to find that Hattie had ripped open a bag full of the shredding I did over the weekend and spread it from the front door all the way into the living room.

Tonight I came home and apparently she learned how to get on a dining room chair and then up to the table where her various bags of treats are. She pushed the basket into a chair, and then found a bag that was open and appears to have eaten a few.

She's never done anything like that before, but now I'm rethinking my decision to let her free roam in the living room/ dining room/ kitchen when I'm not home. She is crate trained.

The trash bag was my fault, it was just left over because it was one more bag than the limit I could put out that night, and I didn't put it in the can the next morning before I left for work. I just never thought she'd get into it.

It's a good thing she's cute, the little booger... lol

20240817_124115.jpg

Reactions: Ladyfan

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
Came home last night to find that Hattie had ripped open a bag full of the shredding I did over the weekend and spread it from the front door all the way into the living room.

Tonight I came home and apparently she learned how to get on a dining room chair and then up to the table where her various bags of treats are. She pushed the basket into a chair, and then found a bag that was open and appears to have eaten a few.

She's never done anything like that before, but now I'm rethinking my decision to let her free roam in the living room/ dining room/ kitchen when I'm not home. She is crate trained.

The trash bag was my fault, it was just left over because it was one more bag than the limit I could put out that night, and I didn't put it in the can the next morning before I left for work. I just never thought she'd get into it.

It's a good thing she's cute, the little booger... lol

View attachment 904884
She looks sorry

Ad

Upcoming events

• France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,632.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Israel vs Italy