[Official] Adirondack Flames Thread [Version 2.1.0]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Oh I see.

I'm very hopeful for Bart. It's kind of funny how little most Flames fans really know about normal development of top prospects. We just don't really have much experience with it. We're all learning here.

Honestly, following this team during the Sutter era, I'm unfamiliar with the concept of developing prospects at all. Aside from Bouma and Brodie, not much came through here.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Oh I see.

I'm very hopeful for Bart. It's kind of funny how little most Flames fans really know about normal development of top prospects. We just don't really have much experience with it. We're all learning here.

It's shows.

The development aspect is generally swept aside, maybe because it's hard to quantify.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Entering the 3rd period Utica has a 4-1 lead. Wolf has the lone goal Tousignant and Yonkman with the assists.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Corban Knight has an assist as San Antonio trails Iowa 3-2 after 1 period.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Drew Shore is not playing tonight. I am unsure if this is due to a possible recall or if he just did not make it in time.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Flames lose 4-1. Markstrom stole the game. Flames had around 40 shots on goal.

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
Did you watch the game? Just wondering because our shot totals seem to be quite high most games and I'm wondering if its quantity over quality.

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
Apparently that was the sixth straight game ADK has had over 38 shots on net. Luckily, losing games like that is simply an unsustainable trend.

Utica somehow really seem to have their number, which is made more odd by the fact that we consistently seem to outplay them. Just can't beat Markström. ...Guess he's a good goalie after all? Maybe?

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Did you watch the game? Just wondering because our shot totals seem to be quite high most games and I'm wondering if its quantity over quality.
listened, sounded like a combination of quality and quantity. the pbp guy for the ADK Flames is declaring Markstrom NHL ready because of how dominant he has been against the Flames. In 5 games against us he has allowed only 4 goals and has made 134 saves.

So in 5 games against us Markstrom has approximately a 0.80 GAA (could be a hair higher as he may have come out for delayed penalties and such) and a save percentage of .971

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Apparently that was the sixth straight game ADK has had over 38 shots on net. Luckily, losing games like that is simply an unsustainable trend.

Utica somehow really seem to have their number, which is made more odd by the fact that we consistently seem to outplay them. Just can't beat Markström. ...Guess he's a good goalie after all? Maybe?

A couple years removed he was the top goalie prospect, arguably, in the league.

I don't see how he could of fallen off the map as much as some people were making it out to be. I think a lot of teams are going to be sad they didn't get this guy for free earlier this season.

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
A couple years removed he was the top goalie prospect, arguably, in the league.

I don't see how he could of fallen off the map as much as some people were making it out to be. I think a lot of teams are going to be sad they didn't get this guy for free earlier this season.

Granted he was not getting anything done at the NHL level, but one would think the oilers should have taken a chance on him. There goaltending pool is pretty weak outside of Brossoit.

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
Granted he was not getting anything done at the NHL level, but one would think the oilers should have taken a chance on him. There goaltending pool is pretty weak outside of Brossoit.
Markström in Edmonton, man I would pay money to see that trainwreck :lol:

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Poor Backlund. :(

Blues fane here in peace. LOVE the Flames as do most of the Blues fans I know at our board. I had high hopes for Backlund and really thought he was going to break out last season. I know he's battled an injury or two. Still hope for him.

Anyway, my reason for stopping by is to comment on Ortio. Watched him play a couple times against the Chicago Wolves and really like his game. Seems like a legit G prospect for you!

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Blues fane here in peace. LOVE the Flames as do most of the Blues fans I know at our board. I had high hopes for Backlund and really thought he was going to break out last season. I know he's battled an injury or two. Still hope for him.

Anyway, my reason for stopping by is to comment on Ortio. Watched him play a couple times against the Chicago Wolves and really like his game. Seems like a legit G prospect for you!

Awesome to hear. Ortio has been one of my favorite goalie prospects for a while.

I remember a couple seasons back ranking him higher than. Both Gillies and Broissoit; certain posters already wrote him off; others claiming to have seen him were calling For him to stay in Europe... He'd never be good enough.

I know Kipper loves this kid; I definitely trust his knowledge about goalies more than faceless posters on an internet board.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Awesome to hear. Ortio has been one of my favorite goalie prospects for a while.

I remember a couple seasons back ranking him higher than. Both Gillies and Broissoit; certain posters already wrote him off; others claiming to have seen him were calling For him to stay in Europe... He'd never be good enough.

I know Kipper loves this kid; I definitely trust his knowledge about goalies more than faceless posters on an internet board.

Trust in the Kipper!

Ortio needs much seasoning and I hope the Flames don't rush him along too much, but he is the kind of G who can "stand on his head" and "steal games" and all that. I don't want to overyhype the guy, but there is hope for the Flames in net in the somewhat near future. Just give the kid some time and develop him like the Blues did with Allen.

Go Flames!

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Trust in the Kipper!

Ortio needs much seasoning and I hope the Flames don't rush him along too much, but he is the kind of G who can "stand on his head" and "steal games" and all that. I don't want to overyhype the guy, but there is hope for the Flames in net in the somewhat near future. Just give the kid some time and develop him like the Blues did with Allen.

Go Flames!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, stop by any time!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad