Official 2025 NHL Draft Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
8vflc6.jpg

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
I’m so excited. I’m so scared.

We do have three first rounders to fritter away. Yay.
I’d have to give a f*** to be excited or scared. At this point, I’m just reveling in pure indifference. The team has blown chunks for 12 years and counting. Maybe when Clarke finally drops dead, Jonesy chokes on a chicken bone and Comcast decides to get out of the sports business and sells the team I’ll start caring again.

Five years away from being five years away, they need to hoist that up on a banner.

Reactions: Chinatown88

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
I’d have to give a f*** to be excited or scared. At this point, I’m just reveling in pure indifference. The team has blown chunks for 12 years and counting. Maybe when Clarke finally drops dead, Jonesy chokes on a chicken bone and Comcast decides to get out of the sports business and sells the team I’ll start caring again.

Five years away from being five years away, they need to hoist that up on a banner.
Apathy is a wonderful coping mechanism. Gonna try me some of that.

Reactions: BiggE

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
With all the ammo in the 2025 draft it should either be bundled in some way for move-ups, or even for a trade for a young center with high potential if they’re available

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Yep, I have a feeling those picks are assets in trading for established young players.

Kaprisov is one that comes to mind, will be on the last year of his deal. Maybe he doesn’t want to reup with them? No idea who will actually be available but in the same manner the UHC acquired Sergachev the flyers need to be in one of those type of deals.

Tarpongg

#fakerebuild
May 26, 2012
There is no way in hell they will have the patience to make those picks and wait 3 years. If they were interested in building a prospect pool, it would’ve happened in the last 2 drafts.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

I mean, the C crop is INSANE no doubt a year out. Though some of that 2nd group will end up wingers.

But there are ~15-18 Cs right now who a year out look like 1st round picks.

If they DONT get a 1C with their aggressive "get so many top 45 picks in 2025" strategy. They will have a problem that is for sure.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017

I mean, the C crop is INSANE no doubt a year out. Though some of that 2nd group will end up wingers.

But there are ~15-18 Cs right now who a year out look like 1st round picks.

If they DONT get a 1C with their aggressive "get so many top 45 picks in 2025" strategy. They will have a problem that is for sure.

Are there any current standouts in terms of a potential 1D?

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Are there any current standouts in terms of a potential 1D?

Boumedienne is great. Him and Hensler are probably the top 2 right now.

Trethewey is also right up there.

Radivojevic, Sjöström and Kotajärvi are up there... BUT are all 5'10 so yeh... might be that all are going after 20 ahaha.

Then Aitcheson, Huang, Hamilton, Schaefer, Annborn and Mrtka seem roughly on track for 1st round.

Hallin has a lot of skill but he is 5'8.

Hilariously almost all the best Dmen are under 6'2. Boumedienne, Hensler and Mrtka are the only ones 6'2 and up.

Wangstar

Apr 2, 2023
Luchanko is close to 190. He. Could max out, just under 200. He’s not small.
There are guys listed in 140s-150 lb range. There are some small guys in 25 draft.
We are gonna pick between 1-15, it’s a guarantee to find a Center first half round 1 in 25 draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad