Former Bruins Jake DeBrusk - gone to Nucks

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
That's fair, however, his streakiness may result in decreased production as he ages if he gets dropped off the more productive lines (one and two) and the PP. I just don't see him worth the 7 year risk, he's not elite.
So you’re ok with DeBrusk to age 33, but not age 35? Okay I still don’t understand but…

Of course he’s not elite. If he were elite he wouldn’t have signed for 5.5m

Reactions: pearljamvs5

IveGotToBeMe

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2012
RI
So you’re ok with DeBrusk to age 33, but not age 35? Okay I still don’t understand but…

Of course he’s not elite. If he were elite he wouldn’t have signed for 5.5m
Players who got 7 year contracts in free agency or trade and sign deals:

Guentzel
Lindholm
Stephenson
Montour
DeBrusk

Sorry, I just don't see JDB as a "needle mover" that should be signed for 7 years.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
See ya kid

Loved him during his time here

2019 ends differently and he’s a hero in Boston. Gave a lot of effort during the playoffs and I gotta give anyone props that can deal with depression and come out of it continuing to do things less than a 1000 guys on the whole planet do a year

Good luck in Vancouver! Just not against the B’s ;)

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
he any good?
if you're familiar with the Canucks, you think he'd be Okay with Jt. Miller and Boeser? could he put up 25 - 27 goals and 35 assists?

Otherwise he'll probably play with Pettersson and Garland/Hoglander

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts

Guentzel
Lindholm
Stephenson
Montour
DeBrusk

Sorry, I just don't see JDB as a "needle mover" that should be signed for 7 years.
But what’s your reasoning? You said you’re okay with the 5.5m per, you said you’re okay with 5 years, which takes him to age 33. Why not the extra 2 to age 35? Maybe that’s a reason why the aav is 5.5m. If 5 years maybe DeBrusk camp wanted higher aav.

Reactions: CharasLazyWrister

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
he any good?
if you're familiar with the Canucks, you think he'd be Okay with Jt. Miller and Boeser? could he put up 25 - 27 goals and 35 assists?

Otherwise he'll probably play with Pettersson and Garland/Hoglander
Streaky offensively. Good on PK. Solid 2 way player, responsible defensively. Fast, north south skater and not afraid to shoot the puck. Takes his game up a notch in the playoffs.

With the talent on Vancouver’s top 6 I think he scores 25ish goals.

Reactions: pearljamvs5

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
That makes no sense. 7 year contract takes him to age 35. It’s perfect. If you believe 5.5m is a fair number (I do), that will only look better as the cap rises in years coming.

Great signing for the Nucks. He’s certainly a streaky player, but he’s usually good for 20+ goals and he kicks it up a notch in the playoffs.
Agree

I thought it was the perfect deal but I think he was ready to go be closer to home without being home

I think he made the right decision and will flourish there

He was constantly shit on from 2-6 by Felger & Mazz and their 40 year old virgin callers

I’m him - I’m in Vancouver who needs the BS

Watch video listen to words he’s happy he’s out of here

With health he should hit 200 goals in that contract based on style, players, opportunity, mind set

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
Streaky offensively. Good on PK. Solid 2 way player, responsible defensively. Fast, north south skater and not afraid to shoot the puck. Takes his game up a notch in the playoffs.

With the talent on Vancouver’s top 6 I think he scores 25ish goals.

I never considered him a volume shooter, and was routinely frustrated with how little he shot the puck given his skill set. Not Zacha levels of frustration, but still.

Jake should shoot more, be in the crease more, and try more. Hopefully he does in Van. Not our conference, he's welcome to do fine over there. Habs signing him would have been another story.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018

Guentzel
Lindholm
Stephenson
Montour
DeBrusk

Guentzel is the only name you put out there that should have a 7 year deal, DeBrusk at that money, and age, might be worth the risk, but the others have signed soon to "regret contracts"

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
Aav is perfect for him, would have done 5.5.

7 years and a NMC for the first three years? He’s not that kind of player, can understand why he walked.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
You watch and listen he’s so happy - I don’t think he was ever coming back after seeing this

I feel Sweeney would have liked but the two way street was probably one way out of town for Jake

Place is a fish bowl and he’s a bird
Good for him that he didn't go to Toronto.

Reactions: BMC

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Good for him that he didn't go to Toronto.
Yes - great spot closer to home

Beautiful area

Team really good

Excellent coach for him

I would be ecstatic

He will play with either JT Miller or Elias Petterson

Will be Boston West with Heinen & Forbort

Btw- DeBrusk was never coming back he said at end of season he had tough conversations with teammates as much - just didn’t no where he was going

IveGotToBeMe

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2012
RI
But what’s your reasoning? You said you’re okay with the 5.5m per, you said you’re okay with 5 years, which takes him to age 33. Why not the extra 2 to age 35? Maybe that’s a reason why the aav is 5.5m. If 5 years maybe DeBrusk camp wanted higher aav.
First off, I like JDB as a player. I just don’t trust the inconsistency of his play. I’ve said all along, and you can read my posts, that I was fine at $5.5MM to $5.75MM in AAV but I would not go beyond 5 years. No one here is an expert, we all have opinions on what the value is attributable to each player. Given his inconsistent play, I wouldn’t want to commit beyond 5 years. In my opinion, he hasn’t delivered year in and year out to warrant the term.

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

Babajingo

He and the Bs need the change. I hope he does well. If he's on Elias line, then his number should be like they were when he was on PB line. When people say that he steps it up in the POs. I don't get it. Why not during the season? is he bored? Does he need the competition? Is he saving it for the POs?

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
Btw- DeBrusk was never coming back he said at end of season he had tough conversations with teammates as much - just didn’t no where he was going
I caught that too. So if this was obviously known, they chose to keep him as a "rental" and just let him walk for nothing instead getting someone at TDL who wanted to be here?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I caught that too. So if this was obviously known, they chose to keep him as a "rental" and just let him walk for nothing instead getting someone at TDL who wanted to be here?
they didn’t know

It evolved

Gotta live in moment and go for it

Last summer I went on Florida trade deadline thread and they wanted to sell they were barely in playoff spot

They should have lol

I’m GM and I’m in a playoff spot I buy 100% of time

I’m out I sell

Bruins on trade deadline led conference you sell you should be fired

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
they didn’t know

It evolved

Gotta live in moment and go for it

Last summer I went on Florida trade deadline thread and they wanted to sell they were barely in playoff spot

They should have lol

I’m GM and I’m in a playoff spot I buy 100% of time

I’m out I sell

Bruins on trade deadline led conference you sell you should be fired
OK my bad I assumed they knew.

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
IMG_6824.jpeg

What an absolute clown loser. Maybe if you weren’t a whiny baby they wouldn’t have had to run the coach putting it all together out of town.

Reactions: Midship

Midship

Jan 7, 2016
Debrusk does nothing for me other than serve as a reminder of the 2015 draft. Could not care less that they moved on.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
If Jake would have taken 4 X 5.5 without the NTC he would still be a Bruin. 7 years is too long and no NTC, well, maybe a limited no trade list the first two only.

He got some security. Wish him the best. He's now Vancouver's problem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad