Official 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Just cause..and probably not as much as I get on the weekend..but how high does TK, 12 and 32 get ya?

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Not that it’s determinative of anything, but has there been any linkage or rumours involving the Flyers and Catton whatsoever? A meeting/supper?
I don’t recall a single thing.

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
Well said. I would rather keep the 12th pick if Catton is there then draft the older, more expensive, injury-prone Zegras. If it were something around Farabee for Zegras, I would be a lot more interested.

I mean, he's done a pretty poor job there so far outside of the lotto luck for Celebrini.
Farabee and 32?

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
Maybe into the 4-6 range? I can’t see Chicago or Anaheim being interested and San Jose would just laugh and hang up
Wow. I thought tk would be much more sort after. 2 # 1’s. Deal him for 2 more and you get 3 # 1s for moving down 4 spots.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Hoping for Zeev Buium because that's just the most absurd name I've ever seen. Are we sure this kid isn't an actual alien
IMG_8453.gif

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
What time and channel is the draft on tonight?

Le Goog is saying anywhere from 5 to 7 Eastern.

Midnight our time (Friday night/saturday morning). For round 1. Though probably starts more like 00:30.

Rounds 2-7 will start at 5pm our time the next day.

Channel wise ESPN, Sportsnet, TVA, NHL Network. Not on over here at all so have to stream it.

BritainStix

Oct 20, 2016
Yeh, Portugal's supermarkets actually have great beer isles, better than most in the UK tbh.

Think I will be going for a Tripel Karmeliet, Duvel Tripel Hop Citra and La Goudale mix...

solid list of tasty 6-9.5% ones aha that are all different "styles".
Tbf, I say beer, but in this weather its most definitely cider. We're surrounded by Cider makers here, so something in the 7-8% goes down lovely.

Reactions: Appleyard

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Tbf, I say beer, but in this weather its most definitely cider. We're surrounded by Cider makers here, so something in the 7-8% goes down lovely.

Yeh, warm weather is for sure cider weather.

I actually used to be a mainly cider drinking from late teens to late 20s tbh. But being away from the UK so often (since 2018 spent 4/6 years outside the country) means good cider is very, very hard to get. Tbh outside of the UK and France I have never had a half decent bottle of cider.

I would kill even for a Thatchers Gold aha. And something like an Aspalls or Westons? My god. Maybe I should start an import business.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I think the report mixed up 12 with 31.

He is rising... basically all based off the World Championships, where he played "fine".

I have heard that he has a very good chance to go top 20...

but he was "good" (but not special vs past Dmen) in a league that is below ECHL level, and really nothing special in the WJC.

Rising 25 spots based on being big, mean and a couple of solid games is crazy to me.

MrGuyPerson

Aug 19, 2020
My stance has shifted slightly on the player I think the flyers should target with 12.

It is now a toss up between Iginla and Helenius for me. Both feel like they might be gone by 12 though. Still high on Nygard, but Given how low others seem to value him I wonder if trading up from 32 is less costly to aquire him if they really wanted to. I once thought there was chance Demidov is passed on by the Habs, but I doubt it. Say what you will about Grant McCagg, but if there is one thing that is true when it comes to Grant, it is that he is likely still plugged in with the Habs. He knew they would be passing on Michkov last year, so if Grant is still mocking Demidov to the Habs at this point it is safe to assume that he will be a Hab if there.

Helenius offensive upside is very much so being slept on, by people here. Just because his highlight video is not electric doesn't mean he doesn't have great upside. 36 points in 51 games in a professional men's league is not an accident. Nothing needs to be said for Iginla, I think he will be a leader at the next level.

Buium & Lev are definitely gone by 12, which for the Flyers are the only D I would take over a possible center addition. I still think that if you are going to take Catton you might as well trade the pick for Zegras instead. They play eerily similar games. Same Strengths, Same Weaknesses. I understand ELC and contracts, but at the end of the day one is proven in the NHL and the other isn't. Kind of like that old family guy scene. Mystery Box or Boat. You take the boat. Also, with Michkov coming over, is better to wait for Catton to develop into an impact player or get some talent that will aid Michkov immediately? If they are targeting Helenius or Iginla I do not think the trade makes as much sense. They have traits that neither Catton nor Zegras have and if the Flyers think adding those traits to their core is more important to building a contender I fully respect that decision.

Then there is the idea of trading for Rossi, which I love. The cost to add him is the question, but he would be a stellar addition to the core. I would also inquire on McGroarty, but I think he requires more homework than Rossi. If he actually is close with Cutter, his attitude towards joining the Flyers would need to be known. No point in making a play for kid who will not want to here either

Reactions: StoneColdAnimal

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad