Official 2024 NHL Draft Thread

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
IMG_0323.jpeg

Does Carolina take Mac Swanson? :laugh:

His team just won the USHL championship while he won the playoffs MVP after another really productive season.

Reactions: BigToe

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
Updateski. I’m gonna swing back around on Silayev and Yakemchuk because I might have them too low. Idk yet.

Celebrini

Demidov

Catton
Buium

Lindstrom
Iginla
Dickinson
Parekh
Connelly
Eiserman
Hage
Helenius
Levshunov
Freij

Chernyshov
Brandsegg-Nygaard
Greentree
Sennecke
Silayev
Stiga
Artamonov
Basha
Fransen
Yakemchuk
Misa
Marques
Hutson
Jiricek

Mustard
Poirier
Boisvert
Swanson

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Updateski. I’m gonna swing back around on Silayev and Yakemchuk because I might have them too low. Idk yet.

Celebrini

Demidov

Catton
Buium

Lindstrom
Iginla
Dickinson
Parekh
Connelly
Eiserman
Hage
Helenius
Levshunov
Freij

Chernyshov
Brandsegg-Nygaard
Greentree
Sennecke
Silayev
Stiga
Artamonov
Basha
Fransen
Yakemchuk
Misa
Marques
Hutson
Jiricek

Mustard
Poirier
Boisvert
Swanson
Is this the longest list you ever created?

Henry Miller

Sep 5, 2020
I saw another 2 round mock where the Flyers ended up with Yakemchuk, Richie, Wallenius, and Misa

Why are mocks giving the Flyers the CLB 2nd this year instead of next? I miss something?

Reactions: BernieParent

Wangstar

Apr 2, 2023
I would love Catton at 12. It may also be Yakenchuck.
As much as I’m cheering against Florida, with all my Bruin friends, Florida just keeps winning. It’s like in an NFL draft, if we also pick 32, take the top guy, top riser in round ranked for round 2

ValeriKamensky

May 8, 2013
Finally went deeper in draft studying, some thoughts
1) I’ll be praying one of Yakemchuk/Dickinson/Iginla fall to #12, but it seems unrealistically so far;
2) Despite being of fan of this 3, don’t see a lot of difference between 2-13/14 projected picks, so I’m not a big fan of trading up in this year;
3) Was impressed by Helenius early. And for me stats is not a main reason to draft/not to draft some players. But zero goals and almost zero 5x5 production at WJC U18 are really scares me;
4) Eiserman hype in Philly media reminds me the same hype around Gauthier and Michkov. So it’s not for nothing. No offense, but in past 10 years almost no one who was described as a future 40+ goal scorer didn’t become even a regular 20+ scorer. Time has changed, and teammates doesn’t like when someone is just staying and waiting the puck;
5) So who is my guy, considering real world? In terms of upside and team needs I’d really consider to draft Michael Hage. Fast, skills, IQ, compete and he’s natural center;
6) Would like to trade package of late 1st and some 2nd for young player, but Briere can make this only in another Universe. So I’d prefer to spend Florida pick for big RHD (Elick or Badinka). My guys outside 1st rounds are John Mustard and Leon Muggli.

Reactions: hystyk1921

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site
Finally went deeper in draft studying, some thoughts
1) I’ll be praying one of Yakemchuk/Dickinson/Iginla fall to #12, but it seems unrealistically so far;
2) Despite being of fan of this 3, don’t see a lot of difference between 2-13/14 projected picks, so I’m not a big fan of trading up in this year;
3) Was impressed by Helenius early. And for me stats is not a main reason to draft/not to draft some players. But zero goals and almost zero 5x5 production at WJC U18 are really scares me;
4) Eiserman hype in Philly media reminds me the same hype around Gauthier and Michkov. So it’s not for nothing. No offense, but in past 10 years almost no one who was described as a future 40+ goal scorer didn’t become even a regular 20+ scorer. Time has changed, and teammates doesn’t like when someone is just staying and waiting the puck;
5) So who is my guy, considering real world? In terms of upside and team needs I’d really consider to draft Michael Hage. Fast, skills, IQ, compete and he’s natural center;
6) Would like to trade package of late 1st and some 2nd for young player, but Briere can make this only in another Universe. So I’d prefer to spend Florida pick for big RHD (Elick or Badinka). My guys outside 1st rounds are John Mustard and Leon Muggli.
I mostly agree with you. I really like Dickinson but doubt he is there. I am hoping for that either Catton or Yakemchuk is there at 12. Catton is the apple of my eye. I see him centering Michkov and Foerster in the future. If he isn’t there and Yakemchuk is, I’d like Yakemchuk and hope for a bad year this year and first line center next year. Depending on who is there, Dickinson, Yakenchuk, Catton, Buium and the obvious top guys are gone, I do like Hage a lot for the reasons you mention. If we could flip Laughton for the pick to get Hage, I’d do that.
I also like Elick or Badinka with the Fla pick if we get a forward with the first. A third D at that spot I’d like is Solberg.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I’ve never been a fan of either the ratings of Button or Pronman. They often blow the obvious in order to prove their acumen. Guys like Appleyard, Big Toe and Magua are more reliable. We’ll see how the draft goes but one never knows. Things may surprise.

Those mentioned would be the first to say they get stuff wrong, but I’ve seen some spot on projections. Our team would be in much better hands from posters on an internet board than those making millions

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Wait. There’s a player named Mustard?

Yeah dude, and Toe said he was good - I have had him pencilled in for us in the second round for months. Johnny Mustard is the f***ing tits, MacGruber.

I've never seen a draft with this much variance between mockers. The D are all over the f***ing place.

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
Yeah dude, and Toe said he was good - I have had him pencilled in for us in the second round for months. Johnny Mustard is the f***ing tits, MacGruber.

I've never seen a draft with this much variance between mockers. The D are all over the f***ing place.
Think of all the wonderful "It was Mustard in the slot with the backhand" (and the like) memes! We need to draft this kid based on that alone. And lucky for us, if it's Flahr's turn to pick, it's a slam dunk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad