Official 2024 NHL Draft Thread

dgaspari

Feb 13, 2008
Let's do something creative. return to the Blue Jackets their second-round pick for Gavin Brindly. He signed with Columbus and will be available to play next year in the. NHL. He could provide the Flyers with immediate depth as a middle 6 center.

it would also be beneficial for Columbus. The Blue Jackets have depth at center and have 2 top 5 center picks in Johnson and Fantelli. there might not be room for Brindly. it would be better for Columbus to gain an asset for a player who probably will not help your team soon

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Let's do something creative. return to the Blue Jackets their second-round pick for Gavin Brindly. He signed with Columbus and will be available to play next year in the. NHL. He could provide the Flyers with immediate depth as a middle 6 center.

it would also be beneficial for Columbus. The Blue Jackets have depth at center and have 2 top 5 center picks in Johnson and Fantelli. there might not be room for Brindly. it would be better for Columbus to gain an asset for a player who probably will not help your team soon

The Flyers trading for and inserting a 5'9" Center into a Torts lineup is not likely.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I really don’t think this could happen but…To unlock another fear, Button’s latest mock has Jett Luchanko to the Flyers. I know it’s only Button, but the Flyers do have a bit of history with surprise late riser picks 🤣
I suspect that the Flyers are a Free Space for lesser talent when prognosticators like Button fill out their mocks.

Reactions: Tarpongg

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly

This makes no sense for the Blue Jackets my boi

Insulin

Jan 23, 2013
Atlantic City
Wheeler's most recent mock last week gave us Catton. Also mentioned Helenius who was gone.
Pronman posted one yesterday and went Yakemchuk. He mentioned Catton and Iginla as making a lot of sense. Catton was gone, Iginla was available.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

Might be news to Columbus that Brindley and Fantilli can’t play together……when they played on a line at Michigan. That’s sort of the selling point drafting them together!

Brindley was a 1st round caliber player — the Flyers made their bed there. Columbus isn’t trading for a later 2nd two years down the road from that player. It’s bad value on multiple axes.

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
Steve Kournianos ( @thedraftanalyst) posted his Draft Analyst top 32 and has a thread on HF to discuss.
The Draft Analyst: Final Top-32 Rankings (2024 Draft)

Interesting first post: "Lindstrom, Levshunov, Hage, Jecho, Letourneau, Elick, and Jiricek headline my overrated list. The two NTDP goalies as well. Last year it was Reinbacher, Willander, Edstrom, to name a few. Emery is the kid I really wanted to sneak into R1 but he’ll be 33. I actually like this class but have no clue if the forwards will be solid like 2012 or a disaster like 2018."

Check out his very interesting list:
2024 NHL Draft: Final Top-32 Rankings

Henry Miller

Sep 5, 2020
Steve Kournianos ( @thedraftanalyst) posted his Draft Analyst top 32 and has a thread on HF to discuss.

Interesting first post: "Lindstrom, Levshunov, Hage, Jecho, Letourneau, Elick, and Jiricek headline my overrated list. The two NTDP goalies as well. Last year it was Reinbacher, Willander, Edstrom, to name a few. Emery is the kid I really wanted to sneak into R1 but he’ll be 33. I actually like this class but have no clue if the forwards will be solid like 2012 or a disaster like 2018."

This is just a ranking and not how he thinks they’ll be drafted, right? I think there is little chance Levshunov is still on the board when the Flyers are picking

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)

Thanks for sharing this, Larry. Imagine having the choice between Lindstrom and Levshunov. I would go for the potential 1C since the Flyers are hurting more for C than D prospects.

Reactions: Larry44 and renberg

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site

I used to really like Steve’s work. Didn’t always agree but it was great when it was free. I am cutting back on my draft guide expenditures and have not subscribed to his stuff. I will probably drop the Black Book too. Steve’s mock is a little out there, but who knows?

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
I used to really like Steve’s work. Didn’t always agree but it was great when it was free. I am cutting back on my draft guide expenditures and have not subscribed to his stuff. I will probably drop the Black Book too. Steve’s mock is a little out there, but who knows?
Yeah, some surprises and variations from other lists. Seem to be a lot of great prospects but the tiers are really variable. Depending who slips, the Flyers should get a player to fill a need, but BPA it must be.

Henry Miller

Sep 5, 2020
One of the last posts in the MBN thread in the prospects section does a video breakdown and is saying functionally he plays as a center. Might be something to keep in mind as the Flyers are starved for center prospects

Reactions: Larry44

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site
I have been looking at the other teams ahead of the Flyers in the draft. I have been reading the HF message boards abut who the fans of those teams think their teams will take and who the fans want them to take to get a handle on the Flyers number 12 pick. This is what I found.

San Jose is taking Celebrini, Duh.

Chicago is torn between Demidov and a defenseman most say Leshunov.

Anaheim looks like Levshunov or maybe Silayev. If Demidov is available and Levshunov is gone, Silayev may still be the pick.

Columbus seems to be Lindstrom, Levshunov (if he is there), Dickinson, and some love for Buium

Montreal looks like they are going to do their thing again and take Beckett Sennecke at 5. Lots of smoke around that. Still a little talk of Lindstrom and Iginla, but Senneke is thought to be really highly regarded in Habland.

Utah Silayev and Dickinson seem to be the favorites in Utah

Ottawa seems to like Dickinson, Buium, and Sennecke

Seattle seems to be looking at Dickinson, Yakemchuk, Iginla, possibly Helenius or Catton

Calgary If Iginla is still there, and he may be, he is most likely the pick. Yakemchuk is highly regarded as well, as is Lindstrom.

NJ may surprise with MB Nygard who is a good fit there. They also seem to like Helenius, and Dickinson (whom almost everyone seems to like). Eiserman is an outside shot there and if Silayev falls to this level it would be ard to pass on him for jersey as they need some beef on D.

Buffalo has some love for Yakemchuk, MBN, Helenius, and Sennecke. They also could go with Catton but have a lot of small skill guys already.

Catton, could fall to Philly as could one of the big six defensemen and Eiserman is almost a sure thing to be there. Parekh may be the defenseman there as he wasn’t talked up much on the teams above’s forums.

I was most interested in the love for Sennecke and Nygard. If they both move into the top 11, the Flyers will be getting someone held in very high regard unexpectedly.

Henry Miller

Sep 5, 2020
I have been looking at the other teams ahead of the Flyers in the draft. I have been reading the HF message boards abut who the fans of those teams think their teams will take and who the fans want them to take to get a handle on the Flyers number 12 pick. This is what I found.

San Jose is taking Celebrini, Duh.

Chicago is torn between Demidov and a defenseman most say Leshunov.

Anaheim looks like Levshunov or maybe Silayev. If Demidov is available and Levshunov is gone, Silayev may still be the pick.

Columbus seems to be Lindstrom, Levshunov (if he is there), Dickinson, and some love for Buium

Montreal looks like they are going to do their thing again and take Beckett Sennecke at 5. Lots of smoke around that. Still a little talk of Lindstrom and Iginla, but Senneke is thought to be really highly regarded in Habland.

Utah Silayev and Dickinson seem to be the favorites in Utah

Ottawa seems to like Dickinson, Buium, and Sennecke

Seattle seems to be looking at Dickinson, Yakemchuk, Iginla, possibly Helenius or Catton

Calgary If Iginla is still there, and he may be, he is most likely the pick. Yakemchuk is highly regarded as well, as is Lindstrom.

NJ may surprise with MB Nygard who is a good fit there. They also seem to like Helenius, and Dickinson (whom almost everyone seems to like). Eiserman is an outside shot there and if Silayev falls to this level it would be ard to pass on him for jersey as they need some beef on D.

Buffalo has some love for Yakemchuk, MBN, Helenius, and Sennecke. They also could go with Catton but have a lot of small skill guys already.

Catton, could fall to Philly as could one of the big six defensemen and Eiserman is almost a sure thing to be there. Parekh may be the defenseman there as he wasn’t talked up much on the teams above’s forums.

I was most interested in the love for Sennecke and Nygard. If they both move into the top 11, the Flyers will be getting someone held in very high regard unexpectedly.
I’ve laid off trying to predict who the Flyers will get. It’s pretty wide open between 2-12 so tough to see who will fall a month before the actual draft. Sennecke, Nygard, Helenius, and Yakemchuk are the key guys to watch IMO. If a couple of those go before the Flyers pick, we will end up with a big name. Either way the Flyers should come away from the first round looking nice. It will be hard for them to completely botch the pick at 12

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Listening to some draft prognosticators today that had Buium equal to or higher than Levshunov. The only edge that they gave Levshunov was physicality. They gave Buium the nod on skills and creativity.
This just goes to show that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. It depends on what the organizations want and see. The fans are bystanders and not the selectors. We can all build our charts of talent but who knows what will go down?

Reactions: BernieParent

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad