Official 2023 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
I could see them moving up to take Reinbacher. I'm not joking.

gif-chris-farley.gif

Danko

The Bearer of Bad Knees
Jul 28, 2004
so if a team drafts him, can he just flee the KHL or a team pay his KHL team to release him from his contract? Is that not a thing anymore?

Reactions: wankstifier

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Are Benson and Michkov similar prospects?

I give an edge to Michkov because of projectability. I'll ignore the outside shit, and say I think his path to being a star is easier. He's an '04 birthday with a lot of pro games, and he's simply further along in his timeline than Benson. That doesn't have to be construed as a good/bad thing -- we just know more today. Michkov is not an elite speedster either, but his burst is better, so that's another thing we don't have to project. Benson is in his own category of being a tenacious little bugger, but Michkov isn't a slouch there, at least offensively.

That said, Benson is one of the smarter prospects I've ever scouted; he throws out everything including the kitchen sink every shift. He's a top 3 passer without question in this class. He's better at making his linemates better; Michkov, while being a good passer playing off his shot, is more individualistic. Traits like Benson's overdeliver. More things need to come with him, but in my mind, his upside can be a similarly impactful player in his own way. If I'm doing tiers, I don't have them split. The true crime would be having one on the board at 7 and passing that opportunity up.

Last edited:

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

I like when tracking data matches up with what you see. Like Moore to me is a GOOD chance creating passer. He makes high skill OZ passes. It’s more about frequency. He likes to hold it and wait for a prime chance over passing in volume. Soviet hockey.

If both the roadkill wingers are gone, he’s the guy that jumps off the page as having real top 6 potential. I know you feel the same way. Maybe the Flyers will pass on him and Benson.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I like when tracking data matches up with what you see. Like Moore to me is a GOOD chance creating passer. He makes high skill OZ passes. It’s more about frequency. He likes to hold it and wait for a prime chance over passing in volume. Soviet hockey.

If both the roadkill wingers are gone, he’s the guy that jumps off the page as having real top 6 potential. I know you feel the same way. Maybe the Flyers will pass on him and Benson.

Caufield & Boldy: The Sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad