Official 2018 HS Hockey Tourney Thread

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
7-1

What's the worst defeat in State history? I'm curious..

They probably aren't even close to it...I'm still curious.
Not even close.

In fact, twice since the turn of the century, a team in the tournament has scored 7 goals in a single period, let alone the game. Eveleth has the record for the tournament with 16 goals scored in a shutout victory.

Funny thing, that same tournament in '45 Thief River Falls had a 12-0 victory and Eveleth had another big 10-0 victory. Those two met for the title which Eveleth won 4-3.

Last edited:

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
So many blowouts this year in the first round for AA. Seemingly there is always at least one blowout, but I don't remember basically every game being one. Am I remembering wrong? Is this normal?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
So many blowouts this year in the first round for AA. Seemingly there is always at least one blowout, but I don't remember basically every game being one. Am I remembering wrong? Is this normal?
No, not a lot of competitive games... usually there is one maybe two blowouts, but we really only have one competitive game today, and it's the current game.

It's the result of changing to seeding through 5 now.

In the past they used to seed through 4 and the other 4 were luck of the draw creating some interesting matchups. Seeding through 5 prevents the 1 or 2 seed from facing the best of the remaining 4 which almost always seemed to happen in the past, often resulting in first round upsets.

So go figure #4 vs #5 is resulting in the closest game.

Reactions: BagHead

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Wow what a play by STA, and HUGE save!

Goaltending in this game is not for the faint of heart! Both teams crashing the net hard!

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
STA had the goaltender beat, lucky or heads up deflection on the pass buy Francis for Centennial saved the day. . that net was wide open, but the pass deflected just over the STA player's stick.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
I like how connected Centennial looks as a unit, everyone looks committed to the style they need to play to win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad