Value of: Offersheet from Edmonton for Lindholm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
No I was correct in saying they would be in cap trouble because a few were saying they wouldn't be in cap trouble and would be able to keep all of their players.

Specifically mentioning Hagelin and Andersen, who are pretty poor examples to try and make your point with.

Hagelin was dealt because he didn't work out here at all, plain and simple.

Everyone saw the Andersen trade coming a mile away. There are very few teams who have two starting caliber goalies as part of their core. Trading away one of them does not say for certain that the Ducks were unable to retain them both, there were ways of making that work.

Here we stand a year after your prediction, and the Ducks core remains intact, with plenty of cap space left to retain
them. You were wrong.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I wasn't talking about McDavid, he'll likely get an extension a year before his ELC is finished. I'm talking about the pecking order of getting players signed during an offseason. Pending UFA's are typically the priority and are at the forefront for a GM. As long as QO's are extended to RFA's, it gives the GM time to work on it later. RFA's with arbitration rights usually get priority over those that don't because there is an actual deadline to get a deal done. RFA's with no arbitration rights are typically the last to get taken care of is what I was saying.

Lindholm will eventually get signed. He's a stud and everyone knows it. People can thump their chest with 'we'll oversheet him' and all that BS, that's all it is... a bunch of bullcrap. There has been not a mention of any friction between Anaheim and Lindholm so it's not like Boston and Hamilton where there were some whispers. In this case, nothing. I feel for Anaheim fans having to deal with this crap. Not singling you out, just saying in general.

Solid post. Agreed, if you actually look at the thread (I've only posted on the last page or so), I have advocated not offer sheeting Lindholm. So have many other Oiler fans. You have to remember our fan base is massive and at times overly passionate, so there are going to be a variety of opinions and posts.

I do feel for ANA fans as well. Lindholm is an absolute stud and their most valuable asset and he hasn't been locked up because of cheap ownership. Just pay the kid.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Not sure what you are reading but OK.

You claimed FEW ducks posters said 6+ for Lindholm is too high. You quoted ZERO of those posts.
Let me know when you find any....
Let's talk about reading after that.

zar

Bleed Blue
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Specifically mentioning Hagelin and Andersen, who are pretty poor examples to try and make your point with.

Hagelin was dealt because he didn't work out here at all, plain and simple.

Everyone saw the Andersen trade coming a mile away. There are very few teams who have two starting caliber goalies as part of their core. Trading away one of them does not say for certain that the Ducks were unable to retain them both, there were ways of making that work.

Here we stand a year after your prediction, and the Ducks core remains intact, with plenty of cap space left to retain
them. You were wrong.

OK, you're right.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
https://www.capfriendly.com/browse/free-agents/2017/points/all/all/rfa

theres still like 10+ big name RFAs. Unless these guys are crosby level, they don't get priority over UFAs. Most of these Gms don't feel the threat of offersheets since they have cap room to match. If they didn't feel they can get re-signed, they would have gotten traded at the draft where they can get picks.

Good point. I mean offer sheeting and actually getting the guy seems more fantasy than actual reality.

zar

Bleed Blue
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
You claimed FEW ducks posters said 6+ for Lindholm is too high. You quoted ZERO of those posts.
Let me know when you find any....

Ducks Nation* ":laugh: lindholm will get 5"
Vipers31 "I think that's shooting a bit high in some cases, especially given that Murray is a guy that is pretty darn good at getting good value for his RFAs (unlike some of his UFAs). For example, I see Lindholm closer to 5."
anezthes "My guess is 5M. Fowler got 4M, can't see them giving Lindholm 6M."

Are the above not Duck's posters?
My original post says Lindholm will get $6m and here are a few responses...
Does poster #1 not laugh at me and say Lindholm will get 5?
Does poster #2 not say that I am shooting "a bit high" and he sees Lindholm closer to 5... a $1m less?
Does poster #3 not say "My guess is 5M"... "can't see them giving Lindholm 6M"?

Not sure what you're missing?

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Ducks Nation* ":laugh: lindholm will get 5"
Vipers31 "I think that's shooting a bit high in some cases, especially given that Murray is a guy that is pretty darn good at getting good value for his RFAs (unlike some of his UFAs). For example, I see Lindholm closer to 5."
anezthes "My guess is 5M. Fowler got 4M, can't see them giving Lindholm 6M."

Are the above not Duck's posters?
My original pst says Lindholm will get $6m...
Does poster #1 not laugh at me and say Lindholm will get 5?
Does poster #2 not say that I am shooting "a bit high" and he sees Lindholm closer to 5... a $1m less?
Does poster #3 not say "My guess is 5M"... :can't see them giving Linhold 6M"?

Not sure what you're missing?
Where do any of these say 6+ is too high? As you claimed? Where? Point it out or stop.

You said

I said a year ago that the Ducks would be in cap trouble this year and that Lindholm would be getting 6+ this year and a few Ducks posters thought it was too high.

Where are these posters? Quotes? What?

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
I'm shocked the OP didn't respond to this. He threw out something that is completely incorrect, claimed it as fact, you thoroughly proved him wrong and made him look silly and he didn't respond to you again. Shocked I tells ya!

By the way OP, "I'd love a 46.9M 7yr deal to keep the RFA compensation under 4 1sts" is incorrect. You divide that overall salary by 5 in this case which gives you around a 9.4 million per year salary which is four 1st compensation. Shocked that someone who said the Avs consider Barrie a #5 PP Dman because their hack reporter said it in an opinion piece would be wrong on how offer sheets work. Shocked I tells ya!
Its actually 9,380,000. So you're incorrect

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Which Murray would be fired based off your last statement. We have no caliber defenseman to match his skills nor prospect to replace him as a number one. We have number 2s if lucky and IF they pan out right. Ducks would be stupid not to match. And if Edmonton does the same crap again like Penner I would go after McDavid, just to piss Edmonton off.

Yah we would get you to max out on McDavid. Both teams can play hardball. One time shame on you, second time shame on me.
No GM is going to take it personally like HF posters do. Plus its bone-headed not to have your RFA's locked up a year before they hit free agency. That's why I just can't understand why if management thinks as highly of Lindholm as the fan do that he hasn't been locked up long term. I'm thinking management wants a 3 year deal to keep him one more time and his camp wants a 7/8 year deal

Ducksgo*

New to the boards. But the point still stands. This is the second take away from Edmontons franchise. Regardless if the GM is switched the management and front office remains the same. Murray is on his very last hair being fired. If Murray let's Lindholm walk to the offer sheet? He's gone the entire front office should follow suit.

And let's just say the deal makes sense for Lindholm and his agents? That's fine make your money where you can. But as the new GM of the ducks? I'm gunning for McDavid, drai, all the oilers young forwards. Not only will someone not trade with you? They will look for solving roster issues elsewhere. No one wants to get stabbed in the back two times before finding a team that cancerous. I wouldn't do that on my worst enemy regarding a franchise defenseman

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
New to the boards. But the point still stands. This is the second take away from Edmontons franchise. Regardless if the GM is switched the management and front office remains the same. Murray is on his very last hair being fired. If Murray let's Lindholm walk to the offer sheet? He's gone the entire front office should follow suit.

And let's just say the deal makes sense for Lindholm and his agents? That's fine make your money where you can. But as the new GM of the ducks? I'm gunning for McDavid, drai, all the oilers young forwards. Not only will someone not trade with you? They will look for solving roster issues elsewhere. No one wants to get stabbed in the back two times before finding a team that cancerous. I wouldn't do that on my worst enemy regarding a franchise defenseman
Except Ducks ownership isn't giving Murray or the new GM a blank check. The Oilers are a cap team and the Ducks are a budget team

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
I'm shocked the OP didn't respond to this. He threw out something that is completely incorrect, claimed it as fact, you thoroughly proved him wrong and made him look silly and he didn't respond to you again. Shocked I tells ya!

By the way OP, "I'd love a 46.9M 7yr deal to keep the RFA compensation under 4 1sts" is incorrect. You divide that overall salary by 5 in this case which gives you around a 9.4 million per year salary which is four 1st compensation. Shocked that someone who said the Avs consider Barrie a #5 PP Dman because their hack reporter said it in an opinion piece would be wrong on how offer sheets work. Shocked I tells ya!

:)

You might want to recheck your math and look at the RFA compensation levels before you call me out. 46.9/5 = 9.38. Which is under the 9.388 required to trigger 4 1sts.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Why would Lindholm ever sign that? He wants security....

It seems forgotten around these parts that the player has to actually SIGN the offersheet for it to be valid.

Oh I realize security is a huge thingfor some players.

ROR didn't have that as something he wanted when dealing with the AV s.

Honestly this is a deal where if does work it is nt 4 1st s and is all positive for Edmonton if it works or doesn't work.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
No GM is going to take it personally like HF posters do. Plus its bone-headed not to have your RFA's locked up a year before they hit free agency. That's why I just can't understand why if management thinks as highly of Lindholm as the fan do that he hasn't been locked up long term. I'm thinking management wants a 3 year deal to keep him one more time and his camp wants a 7/8 year deal

again https://www.capfriendly.com/browse/free-agents/2017/points/all/all/rfa

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Evil!

Haha but idk if I do that I think Anaheim easily signs it.

Anaheim easily makes lindholm the highest paid dman in the history of the league? Hedman just signed for under 8. Anaheim would have a very hard time giving lindholm 9.3 x 7.

jax00

DangleSnipe&Celly
Mar 3, 2007
Anaslime
What was that great Burke quote? Throwing grenades up from the gutter or something.

That would be this.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Evil!

Haha but idk if I do that I think Anaheim easily signs it.

Unhappily, but yes. They'd sign it. Just because they want to get the best deal doesn't mean they wouldn't sign him to about 6.7m a year.

Alternatively, if Lindholm is really after bigger money like that, he could just go straight to Anaheim and they could add on an 8th year(something Edmonton can't offer), knock off some of that salary, and blow Edmonton's offer out of the water.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Has any GM ever done something where they offer just 10k under the 4 first max RFA compensation? Because if it was that easy, someone would have already done it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad