OT: 'Off topic' thoughts

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Personal choice is never right or wrong.
Until you say u have pineapple or banana on your pizza...(very common in Sweden) a pizza guy had murder threats from Italy :laugh: . Pinapple and tomato and cheese goes very well together with any meat.

Cassler in slices alternated with pineapple and tomato with cheese and cream + herbs in the owen. Served with rise. Was a very common food in Sweden in the 80s.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
Mmmmm..

Attachments

• E6XXZcFWUAMv4ft.jpeg.jpg
    E6XXZcFWUAMv4ft.jpeg.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 5

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
Until you say u have pineapple or banana on your pizza...(very common in Sweden) a pizza guy had murder threats from Italy :laugh: . Pinapple and tomato and cheese goes very well together with any meat.

Cassler in slices alternated with pineapple and tomato with cheese and cream + herbs in the owen. Served with rise. Was a very common food in Sweden in the 80s.
Sweden and good food does not compute. 🤣

TheGreenTBer

the only language I speak is FAILURE
Apr 30, 2021

I am mostly Italian by ancestry and pineapple is sacrilege...but tasty if 1) the pineapple is pre-cooked and some of the excess fluid removed; and 2) paired with a salty meat such as ham or bacon.

Bananas, however? Throw them the crap in prison for that one. Ain't no justifying that and Italians would have invaded by now if they weren't so busy, well, being Italian tbh.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Sweden and good food does not compute.🤣
It is the rest of the world that have not evolved yet and just do as they alway has done ;)
We had the best restaurant in the world in last years vote on La Liste.
Swedish "husmanskost" is realy good most of it, if done right. And we got realy good chefs internationaly.
And who does not like meatballs with mashed potato and lingonberry , and dont forget the gravy , lots of gravy (but it must be homemade from a secret recepie and not the American version of the dish). It is not fancy but good.

If you say u dont like Swedish food you just been to the wrong place or are thinking of sourherring or the pineapple pizza, wich 80%-90% of the population never eat (ive tried it to, but never liked it).

I ve been to Italy and tried a few of there Pizzas , i prefer the ones we got here, but i could have been to the wrong places in Italy.
The best Carbonara i had was at a hotel in China , who would have thought 🤣

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
I am mostly Italian by ancestry and pineapple is sacrilege...but tasty if 1) the pineapple is pre-cooked and some of the excess fluid removed; and 2) paired with a salty meat such as ham or bacon.

Bananas, however? Throw them the crap in prison for that one. Ain't no justifying that and Italians would have invaded by now if they weren't so busy, well, being Italian tbh.
In Sweden you can put whatever you want on a Pizza, no rules at all (ok no cats or dogs, we are not China). And the pineapple checks nr1 and 2 on your list. Cassler is a salty pork meat. Should work on pizza... hmm...

The banan thing , it aint just banana its curry (just the spice) with chicken and some banana and the tomato cheese and all that. i dont like it, but some do.

The most popular in sweden is Vesuvio (ham and cheese), Kebabpizza(pizza with kebab on and kebab sauce and sometimes fries ) and Capricciosa (ham cheese and mushrooms). Our pizzerias are mostly small familybuisnesses and not large fastfood chains.

Swedes and Piza you know is a crazy mix
Taste test: 'unholy' kiwi pizza is a tangy, pleasant surprise

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
In Sweden you can put whatever you want on a Pizza, no rules at all (ok no cats or dogs, we are not China). And the pineapple checks nr1 and 2 on your list. Cassler is a salty pork meat. Should work on pizza... hmm...

The banan thing , it aint just banana its curry (just the spice) with chicken and some banana and the tomato cheese and all that. i dont like it, but some do.

The most popular in sweden is Vesuvio (ham and cheese), Kebabpizza(pizza with kebab on and kebab sauce and sometimes fries ) and Capricciosa (ham cheese and mushrooms). Our pizzerias are mostly small familybuisnesses and not large fastfood chains.

Putting this type of nonsense on pizza is like suggesting tofu can be steak....it is not steak and this is not pizza.

Reactions: TheTotalPackage

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021

You guys are weird, man. :laugh:

Reactions: ZEBROA

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I made a greek style pizza the other day. I buy the crust from a local bakery (it's very good!), and I use olive oil and feta instead of tomato sauce and mozzarella. Toppings are shredded chicken, cherry tomatoes cut in half, sliced olives, Vidalia onions and I put some arugula on top before eating. It's quite good if I do say so myself.

Would anyone throw me in jail for this? I don't mind pineapple on pizza on occasion, I don't understand the banana thing at all but hey, I didn't understand coke mixed with red wine either until I tried it and was shocked that it actually tasted pretty damn good so if you want to top pizza with banana, it's fine with me.

Here's a picture before it went in the oven. It looks better after cooking but this is all I have.

20240211_175011.jpg

To appease the traditionalists, I'll include a pic of the other pizza I made, pepperoni, mushrooms, onions and jalapeno. I always make two pizzas because the bakery sells the crusts in packages of two.

mozza.jpg

Reactions: ZEBROA

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
I made a greek style pizza the other day. I buy the crust from a local bakery (it's very good!), and I use olive oil and feta instead of tomato sauce and mozzarella. Toppings are shredded chicken, cherry tomatoes cut in half, sliced olives, Vidalia onions and I put some arugula on top before eating. It's quite good if I do say so myself.

Would anyone throw me in jail for this? I don't mind pineapple on pizza on occasion, I don't understand the banana thing at all but hey, I didn't understand coke mixed with red wine either until I tried it and was shocked that it actually tasted pretty damn good so if you want to top pizza with banana, it's fine with me.

Here's a picture before it went in the oven. It looks better after cooking but this is all I have.

View attachment 820007

To appease the traditionalists, I'll include a pic of the other pizza I made, pepperoni, mushrooms, onions and jalapeno. I always make two pizzas because the bakery sells the crusts in packages of two.

View attachment 820009
Without the olives, I'd eat the hell out of that. Drizzle some balsamic on top... oh yea... But at some point (and I think that point was olive oil instead of pizza sauce) that just becomes a loaded flatbread rather than a pizza.

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021

View attachment 820007

View attachment 820009
Nothing about that Greek pizza is all that weird to me. The feta is iffy, but it sounds pretty good in general (EDIT: Total yes on @LeafGrief 's idea of a balsamic drizzle on that one.) Bananas, on the other hand, are a catastrophe and the Swedes should each be smacked with a fish for doing so.

Coke with red wine? Them's fighting words. If you're going to poison wine at least poison white wine because it's not real wine anyways. I have liked a grand total of ONE white wine I've ever had in my entire life, so there's bias on that front, I'll grant you.

Last edited:

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Without the olives, I'd eat the hell out of that. Drizzle some balsamic on top... oh yea... But at some point (and I think that point was olive oil instead of pizza sauce) that just becomes a loaded flatbread rather than a pizza.
Ya flatbread maybe would be a more fitting name. I'll keep the balsamic idea in mind for next time. :)

Nothing about that Greek pizza is all that weird to me. The feta is iffy, but it sounds pretty good in general (EDIT: Total yes on @LeafGrief 's idea of a balsamic drizzle on that one.) Bananas, on the other hand, are a catastrophe and the Swedes should each be smacked with a fish for doing so.

Coke with red wine? Them's fighting words. If you're going to poison wine at least poison white wine because it's not real wine anyways. I have liked a grand total of ONE white wine I've ever had in my entire life, so there's bias on that front, I'll grant you.
The feta works quite well.

Jail sounds harsh, but smacked with a fish might be fair. :)

Red wine with coke, I think I only had it on that one occasion but it was surprisingly good. Give it a try, you might be surprised. And use cheap wine of course. More a novelty then something I wanted to ever try again but still, it was interesting.

Re, white wine, have you ever tried gewurztraminer? I ask because it's completely different from any other white wine. When I first tried it, my brother told me that most people either love it or hate it, no in between. I loved it, and it's been my favorite white wine ever since.

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
Me: is a responsible and caring parent
Also Me(this morning): eats Rocky Road for breakfast and tests how many Hershey Kisses he can fit in his mouth

Reactions: Jojalu

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
To those of you that have never had back problems, let me explain what it feels like:

Literally EVERY movement is uncomfortable at best and excruciating at worst. Walking? Check. Standing? Check. Sitting? Double check. Laying down? Check. Bending or leaning, or reaching for anything? Don't you even think about it. Putting on your own goddamn sneakers? Terrible.

Reactions: the squared circle

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
Been checking out the Playing for Change videos, some really good stuff..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad