OT: Off-Topic, again.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I moved north last week, around Murfreesboro they were consistently $2.93-$3.23. Up here in Fort Wayne they're like $3.19-$3.49
Ft Wayne, home of the Komets and the original home of the Zollner (Detroit) Pistons at the Allen County Memorial Coliseum.

I never saw a hockey game there, but I was in the basement for a beer can show in the 1970s.

Reactions: Ben Grimm

Legionnaire11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 12, 2007
Fort Wayne
atlantichockeyleague.com
Ft Wayne, home of the Komets and the original home of the Zollner (Detroit) Pistons at the Allen County Memorial Coliseum.

I never saw a hockey game there, but I was in the basement for a beer can show in the 1970s.

I should be seeing hockey here real soon. Season opener is Oct 18 I think. Got tickets for our first Tincaps game (High A) this coming Saturday, the last weekend of their season. Hoping to drive up to South Bend for a Notre Game hockey game as well at some point.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I seem to post this every month or two, but here goes.

Yesterday, I filled up for $2.83 at Sam's Club. I passed a Speedway station that was $3.65 on the way home. I believe that 82 cents a gallon is the largest spread that I have ever seen! Those two stations are about 7 miles apart.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I seem to post this every month or two, but here goes.

Yesterday, I filled up for $2.83 at Sam's Club. I passed a Speedway station that was $3.65 on the way home. I believe that 82 cents a gallon is the largest spread that I have ever seen! Those two stations are about 7 miles apart.
You win! $2.61 - $2.69 in Hermitage, $2.83 and up 5 miles away.

Legionnaire11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 12, 2007
Fort Wayne
atlantichockeyleague.com
The Preds pricing over the years has messed me up. It used to be so cheap for everything, a real entertainment value and now it's... not at all. But tonight took my kids to their first pro baseball game, four tickets plus parking, everyone got an item from the pro shop and we all ate an entree, side, dessert and souvenir cup and it was $160 for everything.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
The Preds pricing over the years has messed me up. It used to be so cheap for everything, a real entertainment value and now it's... not at all. But tonight took my kids to their first pro baseball game, four tickets plus parking, everyone got an item from the pro shop and we all ate an entree, side, dessert and souvenir cup and it was $160 for everything.
I saw a story that said that Nashville was the 4th most expensive city to see a NHL game.

NYC at MSG was #1. LV, where I was in January, was 2nd or 3rd. They have $10-15 hockey pucks and $25 beers. We sat in the 400 level seats for $65 or so per seat on a Monday (MLK Day). That was where our group of 30 had tickets.

In Nashville, I sit at the 200 level, like 204.
We will probably be back for a game in 2025.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
It probably is top 4 for those who are not season ticket holders. I checked last year and a seat in my section was $168 plus fees--I paid $84 so half price. Usually I bring someone and I don't ask but they tend to either pay for my drinks or dinner or both so it defrays some of the cost. For those times I'm alone, the half price offer for STH for certain concessions has been most welcome!

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
There is a reason the atmosphere in the building has changed. Lots of us got priced out years ago. Even after I had to drop my season tickets and got married I went 3-4 times a year, but after 2017 I just couldn't justify it anymore. That combined with the headache of getting to downtown to start with made me more than happy to stay at home.

I'm glad the franchise is thriving, just sucks for alot of us that were there early on and can no longer do it.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Honestly, if I was not a STH I don't know how many games I'd make it to. I remember when Logan was a kid I'd take 5 of his friends to a game for his birthday--which is coincidentally around the season opener. I'd have a chocolate iced cake before we left -- it's a puck, get it? We'd sit in the cheapest seats for $10 each, I'd get them a puck and a kids meal ($5 for soda, hot dog, popcorn and some sort of candy), they'd get a free t-shirt since it was opening night. Parking was $5-10. Those were the days, that was cheap even back then! I don't remember if I got the seats at that rate because I was a STH or if that was the going rate but I did it for years. When I stopped it was $15 but that was more because he aged out of birthday parties than the price.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
The Preds have been especially bad about increasing ticket prices but sadly its just true of live entertainment across the board now. My local ECHL team is upwards of $30/ticket nowadays which is pretty wild if you ask me. Thankfully their ticket ssales rep is on my beer league team so he hooks me up with free/cheap tickets though.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Honestly, if I was not a STH I don't know how many games I'd make it to. I remember when Logan was a kid I'd take 5 of his friends to a game for his birthday--which is coincidentally around the season opener. I'd have a chocolate iced cake before we left -- it's a puck, get it? We'd sit in the cheapest seats for $10 each, I'd get them a puck and a kids meal ($5 for soda, hot dog, popcorn and some sort of candy), they'd get a free t-shirt since it was opening night. Parking was $5-10. Those were the days, that was cheap even back then! I don't remember if I got the seats at that rate because I was a STH or if that was the going rate but I did it for years. When I stopped it was $15 but that was more because he aged out of birthday parties than the price.
It had slowly been creeping up for years as the team made the playoffs more and more but nothing too drastic. The big jumps I recall after the 2017 and 2018 seasons. That was the point, combined with food/drinks going up, and parking getting silly that I had to bow out. Hard to justify blowing 200 bucks every time we went.

It's even worse today considering the cost of a vehicle and putting the mileage on one coming from Shelbyville.

I can be way more comfy at home and save a ton of money and don't need to worry about the weather.

Legionnaire11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 12, 2007
Fort Wayne
atlantichockeyleague.com
The Preds have been especially bad about increasing ticket prices but sadly its just true of live entertainment across the board now. My local ECHL team is upwards of $30/ticket nowadays which is pretty wild if you ask me. Thankfully their ticket ssales rep is on my beer league team so he hooks me up with free/cheap tickets though.

I just checked here and they're about $30 as well. $32 for lower level, $29 for upper and kids under 12 are $10 less. Second level end zones are $24 and "nosebleed" section is $15. It's an 8000 seat arena, so I'm thinking nosebleed isn't too bad there for half the price.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Same experience out here. The Kings' AHL club is about 10 minutes away, but for the three of us, plus parking, we're at $100 at least, then another $50 if we want to eat and drink anything. The Kings and Ducks are even worse, and then there's the Dodgers, which is basically what a trip to Disneyland used to cost. And it isn't just due to normal monetary inflation.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
It used to be that the expensive seats subsidized the cheap seats. You have a corporate sponsor come in and pay what amounts to $200 a seat in a $125 area so the team can offer some $10-50 seats in other areas and still turn a profit. Or they pay for the giveaway tickets. And there was goodwill from both the company's staff getting to go and the occasional donation to civic groups. But the pandemic changed everything. Many corporations are sitting in huge buildings where people don't come in to work anymore, it's remote because we don't want to go back to how it was. The culture has changed. After sitting at HOME all day, people don't really want to get out and do like they did, body at rest tends to stay at rest, you know? Where people used to plan out their evenings to attend games, church, school functions, etc., they got out of the habit and started watching games and church online. So why offer the perk if people don't appreciate it? And if the corps aren't paying the premium prices to make the cheap seats both available and profitable, the team won't offer them.

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Krystals ain't real burgers, either. And Oreos were still made with lard. It was a different time. A happy time, before the health food craze. :cool:
There was also a difference between squeeze cheese(awesome, came in a tube ) and spray can cheese(less awesome)

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
There was also a difference between squeeze cheese(awesome, came in a tube ) and spray can cheese(less awesome)
I'm talking the spray can. Honestly I loved that stuff. Couldn't eat it now but back then I was young and immortal.

So gasoline. In my area it's $2.47 - $2.51 5 miles away in Hip Donelson it starts at $2.69 and goes up-- highest I saw was $2.79.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I'm talking the spray can. Honestly I loved that stuff. Couldn't eat it now but back then I was young and immortal.

So gasoline. In my area it's $2.47 - $2.51 5 miles away in Hip Donelson it starts at $2.69 and goes up-- highest I saw was $2.79.
Still got a can on my desk. That and some club crackers make a decent easy snack.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad