Off Season Trade Thread vol. IV: Spezza's Long Goodbye

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
I'll also say we were offered two guys at the deadline who most people would consider untouchable on their team. Two different teams.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
I'm fairly new here, would it be impolite to ask where you get this kind of information?

I am currently vetting the info with a mod, but I cant publicly reveal too much. I have been confirmed by a past mod about 2-3 summers ago as well.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
If the Rangers are one of the teams in on Spezza,

I want Brassard as the main piece. They do no have any picks because of the MSL trade.

Maybe Brassard + McIlrath + Ryan Bourque.

Then trade Bourque, Wiercioch, Condra to Boston for Eriksson.

MacArthur/Turris/Ryan
Eriksson/Brassard/Zibby
Greening/Lazar/Neil
Hoffman/Smith/Stone

Valar Morghulis

Jun 10, 2011
Ottawa
I think oshie might be more attainable than Schwartz or tarasenko. The blues are a strong defensive team, losing a defensive forward doesn't cripple them, where as if the sens trade lets say turris or macarthur its a huge blow to the team. this is a reason I think shattenkirk could be an option, for such a strong defensive team, I don't think losing their 3-4 defenseman is such a big deal to acquire a huge/ only piece they are missing.. By no means am I saying we are getting both, but one of the two isn't completely out of the question. I think backes tarasenko and Schwartz are their untouchables.
I don't know who will be more desperate though, the blues, who need a player like spezza, or the ducks, who legitimately dont have a second line center. having getzlaf and spezza could really put them over the hump. that's 2 first line PPG centers, I think a team would give up quite a bit to be able to roll with that

Oh i'd be very happy with a return of Oshie for Spezza, but I just don't think that is realistic. For St. Louis to improve, they need the two of them together.

Agreed, I think Spezza centering the Ducks 2nd line would be a great fit. With Getzlaf taking all the tough matchups, he could dominate playing against weaker opposition.

If Stastny resigns with the Avs, there could be a bidding war for Spezza and Kesler. And if one of them is traded to St. Louis or Anaheim, the other might feel even more pressured to make a trade.

GreatStateofHockey

Oct 2, 2011
If the Rangers are one of the teams in on Spezza,

I want Brassard as the main piece. They do no have any picks because of the MSL trade.

Maybe Brassard + McIlrath + Ryan Bourque.

Then trade Bourque, Wiercioch, Condra to Boston for Eriksson.

MacArthur/Turris/Ryan
Eriksson/Brassard/Zibby
Greening/Lazar/Neil
Hoffman/Smith/Stone

Wether we like it or not, I think if Spezza is traded a defenseman will be the center piece. McIlrath is terrible. He's basically like Neil in his prime, only on defense. Brassard is good, but how on earth would he be the main Piece for Spezza? Basically we downgrade heavily at center while picking up two minor pieces.

SaltyPete

May 7, 2014
I hope the untouchables offered were from Anaheim, they have a crazy good prospect pool.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
I hope the untouchables offered were from Anaheim, they have a crazy good prospect pool.

I dont consider any prospects untouchable. They were established 50+ point players.

Also I obviously cant put a muzzle on anyone, but it would be cool if we could keep this info on the Sens board. This is our little hockey family and I wouldnt tell anyone else but you guys. Also, it will just cause more pointless arguments with fans who expect to get something from nothing.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
I dont consider any prospects untouchable. They were established 50+ point players.

Also I obviously cant put a muzzle on anyone, but it would be cool if we could keep this info on the Sens board. This is our little hockey family and I wouldnt tell anyone else but you guys. Also, it will just cause more pointless arguments with fans who expect to get something from nothing.

Schwartz!? :)

SaltyPete

May 7, 2014

Hmmm so like Stepan, Tarasenko Oshie, Schwartz, Hornqvist? Those kind of players?

And sure thing

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Wether we like it or not, I think if Spezza is traded a defenseman will be the center piece. McIlrath is terrible. He's basically like Neil in his prime, only on defense. Brassard is good, but how on earth would he be the main Piece for Spezza? Basically we downgrade heavily at center while picking up two minor pieces.

McIlrath has turned into a pretty solid defenseman for the Rangers farm team. He's not just a goon, he can play as well.

His upside is Gryba (at the top of his game) that can throw with the heavyweights of the league. Pretty valuable player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad