Proposal: Off Season Trade Thread vol. III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I would be happy moving Spezza and using one of the pieces to get Eriksson out of Boston.

To Ducks
Spezza
Wiercioch
Boston 3rd

To Ottawa
Silfverberg
Eriksson
1st

To Boston
Condra
Etem

MacArthur/Turris/Ryan
Eriksson/Zibanejad/Silfverberg
Hoffman/Da Costa/Stone
Greening/Smith/Neil

Oct 10, 2010
it was clear going into the season that ottawa wanted to give spots of young players to have a chance.

you cant go out and spend on erhoffs and leino and keep guys like weirchioch/gryba and stone /hoffman/zibby/pageau/ceci buried in the ahl

that is not a viable way to win. You let your young guys play then you surround them with talent

Who said do that?
And you're looking at the worst case scenario with regards to the BUF situation.

Why can't we have Zbad, ceci, Hoffman, play roles on this team and spend at the same time??
It's easy to make room for better players should this team ever decide to spend meaningful money.

Laoghaire

Jun 1, 2008
Ottawa
I would be happy moving Spezza and using one of the pieces to get Eriksson out of Boston.

To Ducks
Spezza
Wiercioch
Boston 3rd

To Ottawa
Silfverberg
Eriksson
1st

To Boston
Condra
Etem

MacArthur/Turris/Ryan
Hoffman/Da Costa/Stone
Greening/Smith/Neil
Whose 1st?

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
how is that not good enough? we have been slowly adding talent especially through the draft. your argument doesn't even make sense

but sure we can be like toronto where we continuously bring outside help that is EXPENSIVE and be near the cap and realize we have no money to give to young players.

You think toronto is happy with what happened with bolland? lupul? clarkson? phaneuf? all guys they brought from the outside and are all guys who taking up a lot of cap and they dont have much space for improvement

Have to agree with this.

We need to have some patience and let our kids develop. Homegrown talent always performs better than (similar) talent that's brought in via trade.

Now, if something happens where a star player wants to play close to home and wants to play in Ottawa (like a Giroux), and becomes available at a reasonable price (as in, will sign a reasonable contract), that's a bit different. But those situations are rare.

Oct 10, 2010
how is that not good enough? we have been slowly adding talent especially through the draft. your argument doesn't even make sense

but sure we can be like toronto where we continuously bring outside help that is EXPENSIVE and be near the cap and realize we have no money to give to young players.

You think toronto is happy with what happened with bolland? lupul? clarkson? phaneuf? all guys they brought from the outside and are all guys who taking up a lot of cap and they dont have much space for improvement
How does my argument not make sense? WE HAVE BEEN RANKED NEARLY DEAD LAST over the years in payroll? Is it asking too much to spend a little more coming off a successful year? How about showing some appreciation and retaining our HOF captain?
It's you who doesn't make much sense always telling me about Buffalo and Toronto to suit your own argument while forgetting about the current teams in the playoffs who not only develop players, but spend at the same time.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada

To Ducks
Spezza
Wiercioch
Boston 3rd

To Ottawa
Silfverberg
Eriksson
1st

To Boston
Condra
Etem

MacArthur/Turris/Ryan
Hoffman/Da Costa/Stone
Greening/Smith/Neil

I don't get why Boston would do this honestly...

I'd target Anaheim though

Etem Vatanen is the piece I'd like

Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa

To Ducks
Spezza
Wiercioch
Boston 3rd

To Ottawa
Silfverberg
Eriksson
1st

To Boston
Condra
Etem

MacArthur/Turris/Ryan
Hoffman/Da Costa/Stone
Greening/Smith/Neil

So Anaheim trades Etem, Silf, and 10th overall for Spezza, Wier and a 3rd. I dont see them making that deal, sorry.

Let Silf go, hes not that good anyways.

John Holmes*

Did we lose the Yashin trade?

It seems to me that we gave up the "best player" in that trade.

This is great news.

Get the Ducks, Stars and Sharks all into a bidding war. We could come out of this set up for the next 10 years.

Of course this is Bryan Murray we are talking about. Expect him to blow this opportunity in the worst possible way.

Tkachuk27

Nov 30, 2011
Jason Spezza for

Phx for Yandle and Gormley
St louis for Kevin Shattenkirk + Ty Rattie
Preds Ryan Ellis + Forsberg +pick
Oilers Yak + Petry + conditional pick

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Jason Spezza for

Phx for Yandle and Gormley
St louis for Kevin Shattenkirk + Ty Rattie
Preds Ryan Ellis + Forsberg +pick
Oilers Yak + Petry + conditional pick
I like that Nashville deal. Not that Edmonton one though. Id take gagner over yakupov. Don't we want all out 200 ft players or something

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
i would want something like

Oshie + Jaskin

Jenner + Wennberg

Boedker + Domi/Gormley

I think that puts us in a good spot going forward....hopefully

Those coyotes and blues deals are so much better than the bluejackets one.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
The guy has one year left and is injury prone. If he doesn't want to re-sign, then move him. We may not win the trade value-wise, but it could help the team.

As talented as he is, the guy has been making the same mistakes for a decade now. I'm sorry, but in this new NHL, your top players need to be able to somewhat play a 200 foot game. I like Spezza, but it may be time to head in a new direction with a new identity.
Not that it means anything. But no. He hasn't been making the same mistakes. He was FoRCEd to polish his defensive game when clouston came in. He did. Which led to him being one of the best players in the NHL the first year Maclean took over. Two years ago. His play is fine. I like him. But I accept change and know it's necessary.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Cap space. They are in a squeeze. It gets worse the better they do. So hope they win the playoffs and hope the cap is 68.8 not 71.

You're right my bad.

but they said on their board they can make space with Kelly Mcquaid etc. couple roster moves...

I don't think moving Eriksson after being injured a lot is the right timing, also, no one really wants a Condra, boy is he bad

Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa
I would like to sign 2 Pens players:

Niskanen (6 yrs 5-5.5 per)
J. Jokinen (4 yrs 4 per)

I would also like to deal Spezza for Yakupov if Edmonton isnt on Spezzas no trade.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
What I got from here is: Murray will have so many amazing trading options that will make us a dynasty. But he gonna chose the worst one. We will never know what those other options were but they were there. And Murray refused.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Who else is feeling a long period of mediocrity oncoming?

We'll miss the playoffs narrowly but won't be able to keep up with the suckage in Edmonton and Buffalo. Flames syndrome. One step forward two steps back almost every year.

It was gonna happen anyway. A number 1 C who doesn't play the way the coach wants and an internal cap that can't bring in assets to cover and help him means this team wouldn't have been winning any time soon.

I really wanna keep Spezza and bring in top notch wingers to help him out but it's not gonna happen. Time to move on.

This possible trade speeds us up @ the mediocrity process, if it even happens.

spezza is part of the last core. this never ending rebuild nonsense is an exageration. Actually a guy like Karlsson is probably waiting to lead a team with the C on his chest with the ego he has

Agreed.

If Spezza is moved will guys like Ryan and MacArthur want to stay?

Why wouldn't they. They're like best friends with Turris and Karlsson and all played on a line together. Spezza's departure doesn't impact them.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
It was gonna happen anyway. A number 1 C who doesn't play the way the coach wants and an internal cap that can't bring in assets to cover and help him means this team wouldn't have been winning any time soon.

I really wanna keep Spezza and bring in top notch wingers to help him out but it's not gonna happen. Time to move on.

This possible trade speeds us up @ the mediocrity process, if it even happens.

Agreed.

Why wouldn't they. They're like best friends with Turris and Karlsson and all played on a line together. Spezza's departure doesn't impact them.

That's like saying Malkins departure doesn't affect Crosby, it clearly does

Altimus

Probably drunk
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2006
West end Ottawa
Im just going to say it, having Philips is handcuffing our ability to add a top 4dman. We have to trade cowen or gryba if the team adds a defensive dman to change the goals against.

Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa
Im just going to say it, having Philips is handcuffing our ability to add a top 4dman. We have to trade cowen or gryba if the team adds a defensive dman to change the goals against.

worst contract ever, worse then Greening..

Stupid GM!

Oct 10, 2010
The worst part about this - Murray is apparently only shopping him to the west even though he has one year remaining on his contract in which he can sign in the east a year from now anyways.

If you can't afford him/don't want the player long-term, you shouldn't give two ***** where you trade him to as long as you get the best deal possible.

I always hated how GMs would refuse to trade a player to the same conference.

Oct 10, 2010
I would prefer we trade for a player already on a long-term deal.

I have no faith in this team when it comes to FA, so i rather target a guy like Kane or Oshie and add if we have to with regards to trading Spezza.

I wanna win now, and have very little interest in prospects unless they're elite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad