OT: Off Season / Summer Thread

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Do you still to the scrums?
Nah, posession is much less contested, you have six touches to score or the ball changes hands. No scrums etc.
It's derived from Rugby league rather than Rugby union (which the All Blacks play), and league resembles American football in that way. In union there are unlimited tackles.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Nah, posession is much less contested, you have six touches to score or the ball changes hands. No scrums etc.
It's derived from Rugby league rather than Rugby union (which the All Blacks play), and league resembles American football in that way. In union there are unlimited tackles.

That would have extended my gloriously sub standard rugby career at least a decade.

Reactions: flyingkiwi

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
In Texas you have to be 21 to drink but at 18 you can buy a assault rifle, that country is so messed up . Just a awful thing to happen to those children and their family .

Reactions: JetsFan815
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Right out front the Canada Life Centre in broad daylight.

Wake up Winnipeg!

Screen Shot 2022-05-29 at 4.25.15 PM.png

hockeyarena

Aug 11, 2011
Winnipeg
www.hockeyarena.net
Reactions: Eyeseeing
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
We're awake we're just not allowed to say anything

Once the site of Daytons Nightclub, Times Nite Club, Richards American Bar & Blush Ultraclub.

35 years attracting late night bar flies & with many a drug deal occurring in the immediate area with barely an incident apart from the 1999 murder on this corner in the same year Eaton's closed & its transformation to Winnipeg's home of hockey begins.

It's now Winnipeg's premiere event venue, a block away from True North Square & the Hargrave Market.

Stabbings broad daylight block away from overpriced high end condos & lofts.

I've recently moved from a "luxury condo" just a 2 minute walk from where this occurred & would never consider living in downtown Winnipeg again, which gets worse with every passing day.

Get crime under control!

Last edited:

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Aaaaaand yet another Colorado low coming, this is unreal.:mad:

My parking spot in the lot behind my apartment happens to be in the low point of the entire lot. This past week has been the first time this spring that my car didn't have a puddle out to the passenger door. It was on the precipice of being fully dry...then it rained yesterday and I'm back to needing a canoe to get to my car. I'm so looking forward to another 60mm dump tonight.

• Haha
Reactions: Jets 31

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
My parking spot in the lot behind my apartment happens to be in the low point of the entire lot. This past week has been the first time this spring that my car didn't have a puddle out to the passenger door. It was on the precipice of being fully dry...then it rained yesterday and I'm back to needing a canoe to get to my car. I'm so looking forward to another 60mm dump tonight.
Ya Winnipeg is part of the overland flood watch too, this is just never ending.

WaveRaven

Apr 30, 2011
MB
Its super wet out here. Nobody has gotten out on the fields its all quiet.

I have large standing water that won't go away in some spots. But at least we are not flooding. I really feel for the people flooding.

I'm never going to get my landscaping around my new home done at this rate. At least I know exactly where my low spots are and what I need to do drain this property.

SSC4me

Jun 7, 2021
Well if it makes my prairie friends feel better, it has been awful here on the Wet Coast too. Coldest spring in over 80 years. Junuary starts tomorrow. It will end in July when the temps go up 25 degrees over night with no rain for weeks and the province burns. This is the new norm.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Well if it makes my prairie friends feel better, it has been awful here on the Wet Coast too. Coldest spring in over 80 years. Junuary starts tomorrow. It will end in July when the temps go up 25 degrees over night with no rain for weeks and the province burns. This is the new norm.
Yup. I am in the interior and it feels more like early April. I can see fresh snow in the mountains FFS. Expecting to go from early spring to heat domes. I dont see how farmers are going to manage.

Reactions: SSC4me

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Hanging out at the Lake on the weekend and did some fishing. My dock is now 8" underwater. Apparently the levels will continue to go up since the water volumes coming into our lake are quite a bit higher than the water flowing out currently.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Or ones that are free. I can be a beer slut. :laugh:

BEER SLUTS.... ASSEMBLE

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Now that we have that cleared up.. :laugh:

Edit - This summer, I will continue to work on Ruby (my rock crawling Jeep), and take some time off at the cabin, reading, fishing and hiking - doing some astrophotography with my big rig too if we ever get a clear night.

deep M13.jpg

Last edited:

hockeyarena

Aug 11, 2011
Winnipeg
www.hockeyarena.net
Shittiest winter in memory right into shittiest spring in memory. Drought conditions last year to wettest winter/spring in history. Get f'd Mother Nature.
I once saw a rating of major cities and how many "good" weather days they have per year, with good being defined as not cold, not too hot, not too windy, not raining or snowing, etc. The top city in the world had something like 240 of those days.winnipeg had like 16....lol. sounds absurd but i think I can think of 1 day since last September.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad