Blue Jays Discussion: Off-Season Madness the 15th: How's that dream job now, Farrell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Haha love it, Alomar did it after Game 3 of course and then you had this after they won (0:42-ish)

Also appreciate what is like the worst music choice for a sporting highlight package at the end. I love those videos...without exaggeration I've probably watched the '92 and '93 ones 100 times each

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
So game 3 is on tomorrow at 2pm ET/11am PT on East & Ontario, right?

My times were off earlier because I didn't realize I had sportsnet.ca keyed to Ontario for me (so the schedule was borked from my perspective)

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Halladay or Dickey

Who has more left in the tank?
Who will have the better season in 2013?
As of today who is the better pitcher?
Including age, but not salary, who would you rather have on your team?

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

As of right now, there's not much reason I can think of not to answer "Dickey" to all of those questions.

Paladin2799

Jul 15, 2009

Dickey
Dickey
Dickey
Dickey but way closer then the other ones.

I would love to put halladay back on this team, no matter what he is being paid. But I am way happy with Dickey.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.

Dickey(knuckleballer and no possibility of Tommy Johns)
toss up
Doc
Doc

I think this is alot closer than most others will say. Injuries lead to an off season for Doc last year. I think he will return to his regular self next year which was every bit as good as Dickey with a much longer history of success.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
A year ago it would've been different, but Halladay's 2012 was a potentially very bad omen for him.

A year ago it wouldn't have even been a question. A decade of dominance vs. 2 decent years.

Until I see he cant return to form I still gotta go with Doc. And it isnt meant as any kind of shot against Dickey but he is being compared to a sure hall of famer.

Urban Explorer*

Do you guys think Doc is going to the hall? and if so do you think he would go in a blue jay?

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Do you guys think Doc is going to the hall? and if so do you think he would go in a blue jay?
I think he will get in but he will have to wait a while for it to happen.
Like Jack Morris who we have talked about previously in this thread.

As for going in as a Jay, according to wikipedia it is no longer up to the player. They have input but the decision is ultimately made by the HoF. This was done in part because teams were offering large bonuses for players to choose their teams when they were inducted.

Urban Explorer*

I think he will get in but he will have to wait a while for it to happen.
Like Jack Morris who we have talked about previously in this thread.

As for going in as a Jay, according to wikipedia it is no longer up to the player. They have input but the decision is ultimately made by the HoF. This was done in part because teams were offering large bonuses for players to choose their teams when they were inducted.

Interesting. I'm surprised I never heard anything about this when Alomar went to the hall. Although I'm pretty sure he wanted to go in as a Jay. Do you think they powers that be would make him (doc) go in a Jay?

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton

Halladay will go in to the hall as a Jay. The only thing that could change that is if he wins a world series with the Phillies but thats very unlikely considering the line up they have. It would be pretty crazy if the Jays won a world series while Halladay is still playing.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Interesting. I'm surprised I never heard anything about this when Alomar went to the hall. Although I'm pretty sure he wanted to go in as a Jay. Do you think they powers that be would make him (doc) go in a Jay?

Hard to say. It supposedly goes by where the player had their biggest impact. He was here longer and had prolonged success but he won a Cy Young with both teams and pitched his 2 no hitters with them.
If he wins a WS in Philly then it will probably tip things in their favor. But what Doc wants caries some weight to so who knows.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Halladay will go in to the hall as a Jay. The only thing that could change that is if he wins a world series with the Phillies but thats very unlikely considering the line up they have. It would be pretty crazy if the Jays won a world series while Halladay is still playing.

They have one of the best starting 3 anywhere in the league. I wouldn't call it very unlikely. No more than some other teams that won a WS.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
They have one of the best starting 3 anywhere in the league. I wouldn't call it very unlikely. No more than some other teams that won a WS.

their rotation is solid and potentially elite again but their lineup is horrible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad