GDT: Off-season/July 1st Free Agent frenzy thread-Is Joey Crabb still available?

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Off the top of my head…

Islanders, Bruins, Lightning, Leafs, Penguins, Avalanche, Oilers, Vegas…

And I’m probably missing a couple ! We are arguably better than those systems !
Oilers just acquired Savoie....I believe he tilts it towards their end.

For Boston, Lysell and Poitras are still considered prospects even though they have a healthy amount of NHL games under their belt. That also tilts it towards their favor.

However, from what I heard on hockey prospects radio. Tobias Bjornfot might be the biggest under the radar move made in 2023-24. Let's see how that pans out.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Oilers just acquired Savoie....I believe he tilts it towards their end.

For Boston, Lysell and Poitras are still considered prospects even though they have a healthy amount of NHL games under their belt. That also tilts it towards their favor.

However, from what I heard on hockey prospects radio. Tobias Bjornfot might be the biggest under the radar move made in 2023-24. Let's see how that pans out.

I could argue that we’re still better than those but I’m willing to give it to you…

I just think that we ain’t last and I wouldn’t care even if we were !

But there are WAY worse systems or prospects pools than ours, that was my point… And I’m not even a fan/believer of Samoskevich, Sourdif or Benning so…

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
It's apparently World Cat Day, so sharing this great video from one of my favourite hockey youtubers on why he feels we could repeat in 2025. I was kind of sceptical but I'm getting a bit more optimistic reading the posts here and after this video. Thoughts?

im optimistic but you never know in this league, an injury at the wrong time, a suddenly reliable player is unreliable etc.

But at least we have a good shot/depth and thats the best you can ask for

If Nosek can replace at least like 75% of what stenlund did on the pk, Schmidt and Boqvist do somewhat reasonable i think were ok on losses. Our 4th line overall didnt do shit (outside of Stenlunds Pk),

If Barky and Lundell continue to play like they do with a fully healthy Tkachuk i see us being better, even with a Reino regression.

Plus most of our players will be at training camp healthy (or mostly) as opposed to needing surgery and out till mid season.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
im optimistic but you never know in this league, an injury at the wrong time, a suddenly reliable player is unreliable etc.

But at least we have a good shot/depth and thats the best you can ask for

If Nosek can replace at least like 75% of what stenlund did on the pk, Schmidt and Boqvist do somewhat reasonable i think were ok on losses. Our 4th line overall didnt do shit (outside of Stenlunds Pk),

If Barky and Lundell continue to play like they do with a fully healthy Tkachuk i see us being better, even with a Reino regression.

Plus most of our players will be at training camp healthy (or mostly) as opposed to needing surgery and out till mid season.
Good points and I’ll just add a couple more on the optimistic side:
— the right amount of hungry infusion can help kick the champs in the ass a bit
— their system is good for players to come out of their shadow and be contributors
— a healthy and fit (?) Ekblad can surprise more than a few people
— like you said, Schmidt and Boquist as wild cards can more than live up to expectations
— like you said, maybe our fourth line will be actually improved and score a few more
— our forward depth is pretty insane… especially if Samo works out on second or third line
— even goalie position isn’t a concern but more likely will be a strong backbone

My main concern is, are they over their cup euphoria and will Mo and his coaches be ready? And: can they fix the f***ing PP??

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Imagine Ekblad with that mouth
giphy.webp

dont get it twisted though. Ekblad showed the world he is elite on the boards. No one can sit and eat the puck like he can. Keeping it 100%

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: behemolari and KW

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

Bro

Corey Perry lost as a Star against Tampa in Edmonton
Lost as a Hab against Tampa IN TAMPA
Lost as a Lightning against the Avs IN TAMPA
Lost to Florida as an Oiler in Florida

Bro is sick of Florida related finals especially in series deciding games in Florida lmaoooo

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
So you are saying a highly-sought after, right-handed, under 30, puck-moving defenseman only brought back a THIRD-ROUNDER ?

Okay...

Can I laugh it out loud like you ?

And I was talking about Montour, I didn't bring up Boqvist and his potential.

Lol you're comparing Monty when we got him to Boqvist now, or at least trying to lay out that the situations are comparable. Stop with the shenanigans. You can't con a con-man.

Idk why Montour only cost us a 3rd...but he was a decent defenseman immediately when we got him. Maybe Zito is the best GM in the league, that's why he only cost a 3rd.

Reactions: Laus723

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad