GDT: Off-season/July 1st Free Agent frenzy thread-Is Joey Crabb still available?

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
psure adam is an RFA and jesper is a UFA
Puckpedia lists adam as both though so lol
That's a really good question. Not sure what happens after either a buyout or a non-QO situation. Both will have only 6 years of service so they'd normally both become RFAs. I sent a message to GR in the hopes he has a better idea (or can ask someone in the know).

So I looked at the CBA and I think they are both RFA. Neither Adam or Jesper fall under any of the UFA categories so they are RFAs.

I think the confusion is around RFAs that don't get a qualifying offer. They don't become a UFA, they actually stay RFA, but their teams don't get first right of refusal or draft compensation if they are offer sheeted, so they're effectively like a UFA.

Also I'm assuming that Adam goes back to being an RFA after getting a new contract. Adam actually was a UFA when we signed him because he was bought out, but Jesper was an RFA with no qualifying offer and should remain RFA.

At least that's what it looks like to me...

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Capwages has them both as UFA and reading the UFA/RFA rules, I'm not really sure their status.

Adam, he was bought out, which made him a UFA so we picked him up. Aside from the buyout, he doesn't fall under any of the other categories to be a UFA, but its unclear to me if he maintains UFA status going forward.

Jesper, he didn't get a qualifying offer last year so became a UFA. Picked up by Boston on a one-year deal and didn't re-sign with them, became a UFA again. So I think he actually stays UFA and makes me wonder if that's the same for Adam.

At least for Jesper, Puckpedia I'm pretty sure is wrong.

They both are RFA.

Stanley Cup Boundd

Sep 17, 2018
I've been watching game 7 so much and I get goosebumps every single time I hear "THREE SECONDS TO GO!"

So I tried in last night while in bed with my wife. I yelled THREE SECONDS TO GO to see it would have the same effect.

I am now an Unrestricted Free Agent.
If I were to call you a hilarious moron, would I get banned?
Asking for a friend LOL!!!

Thewselius

Jul 24, 2003
West Palm Beach
Vilmanis was really good in the shoot out. He is amazing with the stick for his size. He has about the same reach as Barkov. I didn't get to watch too much of it as I was at work. It was really hard to make out the player names. Zether looked really raw so maybe he needs time to adjust to his growing body. He seemed to be good defensively but needs to work on his faceoff.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Here's Okuliar's goal from the dev camp, a nice give-and-go with Devine.

In an actual NHL game he would have been knocked on his ass at the blue line and if that didn’t happen his weak backhand pass woulda been picked off. Sorry my response isn’t “oh wow” other than “oh wow how the hell did the other team defend so poorly”.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
I've been watching game 7 so much and I get goosebumps every single time I hear "THREE SECONDS TO GO!"

So I tried in last night while in bed with my wife. I yelled THREE SECONDS TO GO to see it would have the same effect.

I am now an Unrestricted Free Agent.
So was it “EVAN!!”, “THREE SECONDS TO GO!!” or “THREE SECONDS TO GO!!”, “EVAN!!” ?

• Haha
Reactions: Gentle Man

Chaos2k7

2024 Stanley Cup Champions! 🏆
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
In an actual NHL game he would have been knocked on his ass at the blue line and if that didn’t happen his weak backhand pass woulda been picked off. Sorry my response isn’t “oh wow” other than “oh wow how the hell did the other team defend so poorly”.
Maybe, but hard to fault the kids hands in close, he has a high skill level no doubt

Desert Panther

Resident Lurker
Jun 23, 2002
Frisco, TX
Visit site
Capwages has them both as UFA and reading the UFA/RFA rules, I'm not really sure their status.

Adam, he was bought out, which made him a UFA so we picked him up. Aside from the buyout, he doesn't fall under any of the other categories to be a UFA, but its unclear to me if he maintains UFA status going forward.

Jesper, he didn't get a qualifying offer last year so became a UFA. Picked up by Boston on a one-year deal and didn't re-sign with them, became a UFA again. So I think he actually stays UFA and makes me wonder if that's the same for Adam.

At least for Jesper, Puckpedia I'm pretty sure is wrong.
As I mentioned, I sent a note to George Richards. He confirmed both are RFAs at the end of the season.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Maybe, but hard to fault the kids hands in close, he has a high skill level no doubt
If that’s what the “oh wow” was about that’s a different story… but the focus was on the give and go…

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad