GDT: Off-season/July 1st Free Agent frenzy thread-Is Joey Crabb still available?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Great8Cam

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2008
Bennet isn't staying: he hasn't earned the money of the other players and can really set his family up with taking a giant contract. We won't be able to give him 50M over 7-8 years as a 3C, but someone will pay that

Verhaege is more likely to stay: wingers get paid less in the market and we will have a top 6 role for him, so we could afford to pay him like 6-7.5
ENOUGH WITH THIS BLASPHEMY!!!!! Stupid is as stupid does!!

Benny isn't going anywhere!! He can move down to the 3rd line if need be after this year.

ShootIt

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2008
I trust capfriendly. 766k remaining with 20 skaters.

Lowest paid skater(s) are at 775k.
Say one gets waived, that bumps the cap space to 1.54mil with 19 skaters.

Tank would have to sign a dirt cheap, 1mil deal. I don't think he's at that point yet in his career.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
I trust capfriendly. 766k remaining with 20 skaters.

Lowest paid skater(s) are at 775k.
Say one gets waived, that bumps the cap space to 1.54mil with 19 skaters.

Tank would have to sign a dirt cheap, 1mil deal. I don't think he's at that point yet in his career.

2.31mil cap space left once Bjornfot and Entwistle are assigned to Charlotte.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Expecting another 4 million bump next year and the year after too I read somewhere

TV Contracts continue getting bigger and sports gambling is huge. It's not how I would have wanted hockey to grow in the mainstream, but it's what's happening. People I know who don't really have an interest in the Panthers are finding out that they love betting on hockey.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
The last 2 years, everyone's thought we had a blue line disaster. Team made the Cup Finals twice.

I think I'm just gonna trust Zito and Maurice at this point to figure out a way to make it work.
Eh. The difference is we were replacing Montour's partner and not actually Montour himself

We had Marc Staal who was easily replaceable. I mean, that is an understatement.

We replaced 3rd pairing Gudas with Kulikov....which I thought was going to be a harder thing to do. But at the end of the day, it's 3rd pairing and Kulikov far exceeded expectations.

TLDR, we are replacing the harder piece this time around.

And once again, everyone is left handed except Ekblad lol. God I could not stand watching the first month, few months of the season with all lefties.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Eh. The difference is we were replacing Montour's partner and not actually Montour himself

We had Marc Staal who was easily replaceable. I mean, that is an understatement.

We replaced 3rd pairing Gudas with Kulikov....which I thought was going to be a harder thing to do. But at the end of the day, it's 3rd pairing and Kulikov far exceeded expectations.

TLDR, we are replacing the harder piece this time around.

And once again, everyone is left handed except Ekblad lol. God I could not stand watching the first month, few months of the season with all lefties.

I think we will be OK. I don't expect back to back to back Cup finals appearances, given the restructuring that's needed and the fatigue levels.

IMO, Montour really didn't play well last season, he just didn't look the same after the surgery. I hope for his sake that he gets back to form out west, but this past season he just didn't have it. The guy who will be hard to replace is OEL. He was dynamite on the third pair.

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
I think we will be OK. I don't expect back to back to back Cup finals appearances, given the restructuring that's needed and the fatigue levels.

IMO, Montour really didn't play well last season, he just didn't look the same after the surgery. I hope for his sake that he gets back to form out west, but this past season he just didn't have it. The guy who will be hard to replace is OEL. He was dynamite on the third pair.
crazy he had 7 goals by december last year before being put lower

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I do like the fact Schmidt is familiar with PoMo puck and he essentially wanted to come here to play PoMo puck.

As much as talent is necessity, there is also a huge importance towards the ability to read the play and the will to make it happen. We havent had the best talent on the back end, and it is rare that teams without a Norris favorite/candidate win the cup. Even the Capitals had Carlson finish top 5 the year they won.

For the PP, shit it's hopeless anyway so just dont give up SHGs lmao

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
$7.5M for a bot-3 is a bit much… but I admit Ek is good better than anyone else at two things: flipping the puck and eating the puck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad