GDT: Off-season/July 1st Free Agent frenzy thread-Is Joey Crabb still available?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
A speculative one. Nothing actually links him to Anaheim. No credible reporter has really said anything about him, yet.
Obviously it’s speculation but if you take time to read the article this is the exact situation where a team could offer him over 12 million we could maybe do 9 to 10 and a no state tax helps. But this will put a big dent in our cap. I think Sam would do it but there are teams like this that could offer crazy money and this is one that’s all.

We have to give Lundell a raise arguably our future Barkov, and we have a bunch of unrestricted free agents this is as tricky as it gets.

Last edited:

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Erod-Barkov-Reino
Verhaeghe-Bennett-Tkachuk
Luostar-Lundell-Samo
Gadjo-Lorentz-Lomberg

Fors-Ekblad
Mikko-Hakanpaa
Mahura-Kuli

Bob/Knight

Bjornfot, Balinskis

That can be done assuming Reino, Lundell, Hakapaa can be done for ~$15M combined (i.e Reino $8.5M, Lundell $4M, Hakanpaa $2.5M). Anyone making <$1M can swap with whoever works better. That's a pretty competitive roster.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
For Reino, a 8x8 deal is a 7yrx9.14 deal on the market.
A 8x9mil deal is 7x10.3mil deal on the market.

And that's ignoring any extra taxes depending on state/country.

I think he falls closer to that 9mil AAV range.

But we'll see I guess. Maybe Vancouver could shift to him if they can't land Jake G

Reactions: pantherbot

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
I think we give rhino at least 9

We need to stop kidding ourselves. players with his tools are not coming through that door..

sign him

But there's going to be a team that is going to be able to give him 10mil, maybe even 11mil. And I'm not even sure if I'd want him back at 8.5mil because he wasn't playing center position for the Cats and he probably regresses back 30+40/35+45pts range which is too little point production at 8.5mil per.

I know that ppl have differing opinion about the philosophy that Zito applies to his player signing but imo the overarching theme is that the players have to overdeliver in regards to their contracts. I just can't see how Reino could live up to those kinds of expectations with a 8.5-11mil price tag attached to him.

Besides Zito needs to be conscious about identifying the players that are satisfied with winning the Cup in this season and those who aren't and still want to win another one, and then another one... Therefore, Zito needs to rejuvenate this team in regards to that aspect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad