GDT: Off-season/July 1st Free Agent frenzy thread-Is Joey Crabb still available?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Absolutely not. He is getting bought out because he stinks.

12580.jpg

But think of that elbow game tho! Drai vs Trouba

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Even though I agree with Seravalli that we would've seen Reino re-sign already if it was as easy as 9.5 x 8, I think Reino wants to stay. He'll see what offers are out there. If he doesn't get anything above 11, he'll stay imo.
If it goes that high, just get Guentzel, Marchy for less. Or split that money between a forward and a dman. I love Reino, but we can't have him make +10M.

Reactions: MaWa and IceKitties

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
You must all be drunk from sipping out of the Cup. Ek was great this playoffs outside of a few games. He gave up a breakaway on the tying goal, but played great shutdown defense the rest of the game. He loves it here and he'll take somewhere around 5M on his next deal. He's not stupid, Forsling is making 5.75...
Look at all the teams lining up to pay Montour 7+M this offseason. Teams are starved for RHD. Ekblad has his wrinkles. We all know it. I would be fine to sell high if we get a boat load back, but he was very good. And I think Forsling is better with him than without.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Things aren’t too bad, beyond even the obvious that we already got the Cup.

I saw an article that claimed that Edmonton will tie up $40 in McD, Drai and Bouch. And they don’t even have the Cup. That share guarantees that they won’t either.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Could see Hakanpaa, may depend on OEL. Maybe Roy could be an Ekblad replacement, but not sure how he'd do as 1RD.

IMG_1004.jpeg

imo this was just a one year thing with OEL along with Kuli right from the start. I don't think OEL has much juice left in the tank, maybe plays like two or three years on a similar, lesser role and then calls it quits.

Reactions: pantherbot

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I think that Zito's offer to Reino was 8.5milx6, maybe even 8milx6 if Reino is more of a 70-80pts guy who is more a supplemental piece than a crucial fringe core piece. Any team that has plenty of cap space and wants to surround their younger core pieces with veteran talent will win the bidding war against the Panthers. I'd expect him to sign some 10-11mil AAV deal with that 57 goal total.

Breaking up Lundell and Luostarinen is actually the consequence of them being successful on the 3rd line. If they don't do that then ppl will eventually complain about Lundell not becoming a ppg 2C for the Panthers and thus not worthy of earning an extention, commence the trade talks. Bennett's point production will go up when he doesn't have to worry so much about defensive side of things.

The mgm and coaching staff will push everyone to take a bigger role on this team. Gus to 1PP, Lundell to 2C, more points from Bennett, maybe Lomberg to 3rd line, etc.
No chance our offer was only 8x6. That's just an insult to Reino.

The Panthers don't care what anyone else thinks, you should know that. He will not be traded(unless we get the better player), and he will get a sizable extension after his bridge deal, if he earns it. Bennett point production won't go up playing with Luosty. I'm not saying Benny-Chuck and Lundy-Luosty should be set in stone, but I see no reason to break them up right now, especially after these lines just won the Cup. If Lundell ever breaks through and shows he is going to be a dynamic, bonafide 2C, I assure you Maurice will reward him.

I'm not necessarily against Fors on pp1, but remember that adds to his already massive ice time. We need him fresh for even strength and pk.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Seravalli is using some model to project UFA salaries. I think he is out to lunch with this one just like he was with Forsling. If Reino really wants to stay like he has been saying he'll take a discount, sticking with my 8.5 million x 8 prediction.
If Reino would take 8.5, he'd already be signed. He's a little different situation than Forsling, who was on waivers 3 years ago.

I'm guessing he's too small for our game, but he could replace Montour's puck movement
He's small but solid defensively, more solid than Monty.

Reactions: zeroG and harv33173

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Look at all the teams lining up to pay Montour 7+M this offseason. Teams are starved for RHD. Ekblad has his wrinkles. We all know it. I would be fine to sell high if we get a boat load back, but he was very good. And I think Forsling is better with him than without.
I think he's too good to let go. He's the leader of our blue line imo(not the best, but he's the leader). And him and Fors make a great pair and have great chemistry. Unless we are assured we are getting a better RHD at some point, who also isn't making crazy money, we should keep him imo.

Reactions: harv33173

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013
If you assume 9 million for Reino, 1.5 for Kuli, and then 3.5 bridge for Lundell? Panthers would look like:

Verhaeghe-Barkov-Reinhart
E-Rod-Bennett-Tkachuk
Luo-Lundell-XXXX
no 4th line

Forsling-Ekblad
Mikkola-Kulikov
Balinskis-Bjornfot

Bob
Knight

That would leave 5.5 million for a 3rd line winger and an entire 4 line. With such low cap they'd have to be minimum guys. It's doable but like this lineup is bad lol. Kuli on the 2nd pair in the year of our lord 2025. Balinskis and Bjornfot regulars? Ekblad playing 1st pair isn't ideal but if you trade him it leaves another hole to fill in the defense, which is why to me Bob still makes the most sense. You could also move Knight but the return would be bad. I understand the people who want to keep Ek and Bob but you look at that roster I just posted and you can pick any 3rd line wing and 4th liners you want, that's a max 2nd round team. Top 6 still great but that defense won't get it done.

Reactions: BabyBennettov

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
If you assume 9 million for Reino, 1.5 for Kuli, and then 3.5 bridge for Lundell? Panthers would look like:

E-Rod-Bennett-Tkachuk
Luo-Lundell-XXXX
no 4th line

Forsling-Ekblad
Mikkola-Kulikov
Balinskis-Bjornfot

Bob
Knight

That would leave 5.5 million for a 3rd line winger and an entire 4 line. With such low cap they'd have to be minimum guys. It's doable but like this lineup is bad lol. Kuli on the 2nd pair in the year of our lord 2025. Balinskis and Bjornfot regulars? Ekblad playing 1st pair isn't ideal but if you trade him it leaves another hole to fill in the defense, which is why to me Bob still makes the most sense. You could also move Knight but the return would be bad. I understand the people who want to keep Ek and Bob but you look at that roster I just posted and you can pick any 3rd line wing and 4th liners you want, that's a max 2nd round team. Top 6 still great but that defense won't get it done.
Samo is .925 -3RW
Lombo and Cuzzy sign for around 1
Stenner 1.3

Also, why give Kuli a 500k raise? If he wants to stay here he gets 1.2 max

I don't think Knight will be on the opening roster either. They'll start him in AHL imo, both to save around 3.5 on the backup position and to continue to bring him along slowly. This also ensures more goaltending depth. So we have plenty of room to fill out two more F spots, and a 7th D spot, and some cap space for the deadline also .

Reactions: harv33173

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013
Samo is .925 -3RW
Lombo and Cuzzy sign for around 1
Stenner 1.3

Also, why give Kuli a 500k raise? If he wants to stay here he gets 1.2 max

I don't think Knight will be on the opening roster either. They'll start him in AHL imo, both to save around 3.5 on the backup position and to continue to bring him along slowly. This also ensures more goaltending depth. So we have plenty of room to fill out two more F spots, and a 7th D spot, and some cap space for the deadline also .
Salaries cant be buried in the minors anymore (Wade Redden rule) so Knight in the AHL still costs Florida 3.5 million on the cap.

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
Things aren’t too bad, beyond even the obvious that we already got the Cup.

I saw an article that claimed that Edmonton will tie up $40 in McD, Drai and Bouch. And they don’t even have the Cup. That share guarantees that they won’t either.
Look at Carolina. They are bleeding talent and never even made a SCF. They had 5~ years of some elite guys on sweetheart deals and they never even won an ECF game.

We are so lucky.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008

E-Rod-Bennett-Tkachuk
Luo-Lundell-XXXX
no 4th line

Forsling-Ekblad
Mikkola-Kulikov
Balinskis-Bjornfot

Bob
Knight

Gadjo should be a regular at least during the regular season.

Samo should be written in pencil for the 3rd if Reinhart is re-signed.

I would bring Lorentz back.

The main issue would be to find that under the radar Stenlund like player again

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
I wouldn’t be upset having guys like Samo and Sourdif fill out the roster for cheap but finding room is tough, unless you protect them with Stenlund on the 4th line.

Reactions: Mogo

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Salaries cant be buried in the minors anymore (Wade Redden rule) so Knight in the AHL still costs Florida 3.5 million on the cap.

Yea Stolarz contract plus Knight's buried was equal to Knights NHL contract

Don’t worry it is just Dreadz trying to play GM ! :laugh:

Remember we gave up our 2026 first-rounder for Tarasenko because that’s the value ! :D

lol

• Haha
Reactions: I am not exposed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad