Blue Jays Discussion: Off-season Edition II - Winter Meeting Madness

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
If we presumably have the two best defensive CF in baseball, then putting one of them in the corner severely diminishes his value. There's little point to starting KK in the corner at all - marginal defensive surplus from that spot and a bad bat.

My bad, I didn't notice that you have Varsho in the corner against RF. I still don't see the point of your configuration though tbh. If Varsho is the best defensive CF in baseball he should be playing CF every day.
KK likely gets platooned against lefties. Varsho plays CF and plays RF when KK comes in for righties. Varsho gained most of his defensive value playing in right field last season anyways.

Reactions: canucksfan

MAB1

Jul 18, 2022
I see the logic in that, it's just according to the BP guy, Varsho is the better CF defender, so putting him in the corner two thirds of the time diminishes his value.
Right, Varsho was better than KK last year while the latter was injured but when considering the resume KK holds in his own right at CF, I'm willing to give him a shot there to start the year (can always re-adjust if it appears KK no longer has elite defence in CF).

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
varsho about to put a hurting on the new bullpen...

also imagine teo/gurriel trying to play in THIS outfield. yeeee..no.
3.-ROGERS2022-3Rendering-RF-Videoboard.jpg

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
This isn't bad. I would have rather traded Kirk but Varsho gives the outfield a big upgrade defensovely due to his range and has a ton of pop in his bat.

An outfield of Varsho, Kiermaier and Springer is infinitely better than what we had last season.

Leafin

Apr 2, 2009
So is it Springer - Keirmeier - Varsho to start the year defensively? Looks good to me if KK is healthy.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
I see the logic in that, it's just according to the BP guy, Varsho is the better CF defender, so putting him in the corner two thirds of the time diminishes his value.
KK is on a one year contract. varsho is the CF for the next 3 years. It’s quite simple and seems like a great long term solution

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
"Varsho plays with football-player intensity".

I like the sound of that - exactly what our team needed.
He is built like Mike Trout . At least some similarities. How come his OPS isn’t higher considering people seem to think he’s excellent. Varsho is defense first player?

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
No more all dressed chips for him

I honestly do believe the jays quiety was trying to make the jays more serious and less childish in the dugout. I mean its nice to have some fun. But sometimes its over the top

And besides, our OF defence now is incredible. If you have Varsho-KK-Springer in the OF that's 3 CF playing. That's what you want, ideally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad