Celtics/NBA Off-Season/Draft - Celtics complete sign-and-trade, send Gordon Hayward to Hornets

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Anything be see the Kemba/Kanter/Langford/2 2sts for Murray/Aldridge/1st rumor?

Sign me up yesterday

Really? I know Murray improved this season, but he's not a starting point guard on a championship team and LaMarcus Aldridge is 35 and just had shoulder surgery this summer.

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
The Celtics despite having more championship's for a long period of time always seem to have less prestige among the players and the national fanbase than the Lakers do.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Really? I know Murray improved this season, but he's not a starting point guard on a championship team and LaMarcus Aldridge is 35 and just had shoulder surgery this summer.

I really believe if he didn’t have that injury there’s a chance we’d be talking about him becoming a top 5 pg.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
The Celtics despite having more championship's for a long period of time always seem to have less prestige among the players and the national fanbase than the Lakers do.

Because the Lakers won most of their titles in the Sportscenter/National broadcast days whereas most of the Celtics titles are relegated to grainy black and white highlights

Showtime won 5
Kobe won 5
Now Lebron has 1

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
On today's PTI episode they brought up a trade rumor involving the Celtics and Golden State which included Marcus Smart and the 2nd pick in the upcoming draft. I'm guessing they were talking about this:

Personally I wouldn't do it and I'm hoping Ainge thinks the same if Golden State actually makes the offer.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Celtics need to package all 3 of the first round picks and move way up

Absolutely agree - Boston at least has to be looking to do something with the #26 and the #30 picks ( trade, draft and stash, etc) because there is no way they can add 3 more young guys to this team.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
On today's PTI episode they brought up a trade rumor involving the Celtics and Golden State which included Marcus Smart and the 2nd pick in the upcoming draft. I'm guessing they were talking about this:

Personally I wouldn't do it and I'm hoping Ainge thinks the same if Golden State actually makes the offer.

honestly the #2 pick in this draft probably doesn’t make as much of an impact as Smart does, it’s not heavy on star talent. I think there are a ton of quality role players coming out this year but as far as top flight talent I’m not so sure

They definitely aren’t making 3 picks this year unless 2 of em are playing in Europe

Danny has done a good job evaluating talent at the draft recently imo. If he spots one of these projected role guys that are all over this draft lottery and he thinks That guy could be a lot more than a role player then I wouldn’t even mind packaging all 3 picks just to move up like 5 spots just to make sure he got the guy

That last sentence is a disaster, I know. I’m not proud

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore

Danny hangs up so fast

#2 does nothing for them in the short term, which is what they should be looking at.

Reactions: pgm16

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Would need to be Turner+

could maybe do Oladipo and Turner for Hayward and Kanter. I think the salaries match up. Oladipo is coming off of the torn quad, didn’t look great in his return but it was a pretty significant injury so it takes time

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Well we can now officially scratch Jrue Holiday off the list of possible additions for next season. He just got traded to Milwaukee for Eric Bledsoe, George Hill, 3 future 1st round picks and the option for 2 future 1st round pick swaps. Looks like Milwaukee is desperate to keep Giannis happy because even Billy King thinks Milwaukee gave up way too much.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I love Jrue but I don’t think he’s THAT much better than Bledsoe

Covington got traded to the Blazers for Ariza, pick 16, and a future protected first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad